Login

russian armor

Please tell me how my game is not rigged against me

20 Aug 2022, 01:40 AM

both in game
instance one:

I have vet 3 PIV with HEAT shell active, mid range against T34-85
It bounce FOUR FUCKING TIMES.
This should be mathematically impossible right?

Instance two:

I have vet 5 Volks shooting against Vet 3 cons mid range.

My volks are in yellow cover and the cons are in RED cover. RED FUCKING COVER. A FUCKING ROAD.

My volks lose 4 models and the cons lose TWO. FUCKING TWO.

This game is rigged as shit or something is going on.

Ok I have another one.

Vet 3 2XBAR Riflemen shooting point blank against 2 Vet 3 LMG Grens.
One Riflemen loses 4 models (i retreat it) then the other loses 3 models before I retreat it. ONLY ONE FUCKING GREN MODEL IS KILLED DURING ALL OF THIS.
I see this shit every fucking encounter where my units do like 10% of the damage they should even with RNG factored in.

I feel like I am going crazy. I am not playing the same game as everyone else.
20 Aug 2022, 01:46 AM

ALso playing at eastern USA time is a death sentence
aeveyr match is

1. high ladder rank arranged team
2. low ladder rank arranged team made of high ladder player smurfs
20 Aug 2022, 03:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2022, 01:40 AMReverb
I am not playing the same game as everyone else.

I have been saying this for years.

My units do no damage most of the time. So I HAVE to play defensively. I absolutely cannot for any reason play offensively. I just lose units left and right and kill nothing.

- My MGs never suppress, but I get suppressed instantly behind green cover.
- My tanks always miss or bounce the first shot, Second shot will be a miss or does 5% damage. Enemy does 20% damage every shot.
- My mortars cant hit a 30 meter circle, enemy mortar wipes my squads on the move with no sight in a place no one would be targeting.
- I Katy 2 grouped up squads AFK medium range, 0 kills. Enemy wipes everything in an 80 meter area.
- etc
- etc

Another tell is when you see something coming to attack a moving vehicle. Your vehicle will slow down to a stop and wait for 2-4 seconds as it gets raped. Then it will go back to normal speed. Your game is way ahead of the server so it "rubberbands" major events.

This games network code is trash. You are probably out of sync with other players. Either you are ahead of them in time or behind. I usually pick a server that is where the most players are at that time.

I am US East so I pick Europe in the morning and US West in the evening. It may do nothing. I have no data, just a hunch.

During my morning/day, Europe will have the most players so they are the "center" of players.
At night, asia has the most players followed by the US. So US West server is the "Center" of players.
20 Aug 2022, 16:38 PM

yeah a p4 bouncing vs a t-34 more than once is mathematically impossible show us the clip of that
20 Aug 2022, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2022, 16:38 PMKatukov
yeah a p4 bouncing vs a t-34 more than once is mathematically impossible show us the clip of that

IT HAD HEAT ACTIVE TOO!!!
20 Aug 2022, 18:09 PM

I have vet 5 Volks shooting against Vet 3 cons mid range.

My volks are in yellow cover and the cons are in RED cover. RED FUCKING COVER. A FUCKING ROAD.

My volks lose 4 models and the cons lose TWO. FUCKING TWO.

What was the health on both? What were their upgrades? Are you sure you were standing on the right side of cover? :foreveralone:
22 Aug 2022, 14:50 PM

both in game
instance one:

I have vet 3 PIV with HEAT shell active, mid range against T34-85
It bounce FOUR FUCKING TIMES.
This should be mathematically impossible right?

Not necessarily. I have not studied in depth the statistics of COH2 pen values but I would assume they are independent vectors over a probability space ie. if you miss a pen that does not mean the game makes you more likely to pen the next time to "compensate" you. You are just on the low values of the distribution of shots fired idk.
24 Aug 2022, 07:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2022, 16:38 PMKatukov

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2022, 17:30 PMReverb

IT HAD HEAT ACTIVE TOO!!!

^^ this - Send a replay so other people can back your claim?

MMX
24 Aug 2022, 13:09 PM

Not necessarily. I have not studied in depth the statistics of COH2 pen values but I would assume they are independent vectors over a probability space ie. if you miss a pen that does not mean the game makes you more likely to pen the next time to "compensate" you. You are just on the low values of the distribution of shots fired idk.

This most probably.

Chances not to pen a T-34/85 with HEAT enabled aren't too great (~10% at max range), but non-zero even at point blank. So missing 3 pens in a row may be highly unlikely, but it's still far from lottery odds.

25 Aug 2022, 09:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2022, 13:09 PMMMX
This most probably.

Chances not to pen a T-34/85 with HEAT enabled aren't too great (~10% at max range), but non-zero even at point blank. So missing 3 pens in a row may be highly unlikely, but it's still far from lottery odds.

Combine that with the fact that people often mistake bounces with near misses or shots even disappearing into the ground, there were probably 1-2 misses in there.

The P4 has a mid-long range chance to hit a T34 of probably 80-90% (accuracy hit 60-65%, rest scatter hit). And I highly doubt that all four shots were shot while standing still, at least the first and last shot likely were moving shots, which should drive the chance to hit down to maybe (purely guessing) around 50%. Other factors include misremembering the number of shots or activating HEAT rounds only after the first shot has been fired.

While it is possible that there are indeed 4 bounces such as Reverb says, I assume it was more of a mix of 1-2 misses and the rest bouncing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★