Login

russian armor

Both link for "How to report a player" is dead

3 Aug 2022, 14:50 PM

Thread How to report a player has dead links.

Both Community code of conduct & How to report a player correct is linked to 404 page not found.

Could you please update this?

Or is the player ban/report support also ended?

I wish to report a player using an OKW truck to a stuck squad from the retreating path.
3 Aug 2022, 18:38 PM

To report someone first of all you need the replay of the save file.

At any rate, I do not think what you are outlining is considered bannable offense, as in griefing etc.
3 Aug 2022, 20:00 PM

I wish to report a player using an OKW truck to a stuck squad from the retreating path.

You're wasting your time, that's not something worth reporting to be honest
4 Aug 2022, 08:35 AM

Actually a skill issue. Or rather not being aware of game mechanics. Wait until they tell you about body blocking
4 Aug 2022, 11:44 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

well that is not a ban reason.

And here is the new link.
https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/2-welcome-info/threads/2-reporting-sanctions-appeals

I will update the other thread.
4 Aug 2022, 11:58 AM

So any glitching (like constructing remain of the wire from the inside of the building) are allowed? That's a disappointment.
4 Aug 2022, 11:59 AM

Anyway, thanks for the update :+1:
4 Aug 2022, 13:34 PM

So any glitching (like constructing remain of the wire from the inside of the building) are allowed? That's a disappointment.

Actually that is an interesting subject. As I see it, its a gentlemens agreement not to do that because its really cheap and not intended.

If its a bannable offense is another question, my heart says yes. But I dont know where relic stands on that subject.
4 Aug 2022, 14:03 PM

Actually that is an interesting subject. As I see it, its a gentlemens agreement not to do that because its really cheap and not intended.

If its a bannable offense is another question, my heart says yes. But I dont know where relic stands on that subject.

it is an exploit and it isn't allowed

at least not in tournaments
4 Aug 2022, 14:21 PM

INteresting topic in general. Sadly, I have first hand experience with this (I got banned from coh2 for 14 days), so let me tell you something from actual gameplay:

• There is literally ONE person handling bans and reports for COH2 gameplay in Relic. And you have to send them the replay along with a description of the incident in the fucking company email haha.
  • As such, the span of tolerance or not does not really exist. You either do something bannable or you don't. It's not like Riot or Valve that can ban you for even micspamming to "keep the game clean". No no no.
  • So anyway, the bannable offenses are: basekilling (the most oftenly reported), bypassing the "racism" censoring and spamming slurs (that's why I got banned purpotedly), wiring your friends base, wiring obscene gestures (I once saw someone wiring a swastika logo because he was losing) and if you hack.
  • No other reasons can be grounds for ban, simply because of how understaffed the department of corrections of coh2 is.
  • As such, you have no reason to cry. What your teammate did is most certainly annoying, but not bannable.

4 Aug 2022, 16:44 PM
Donator 33

INteresting topic in general. Sadly, I have first hand experience with this (I got banned from coh2 for 14 days), so let me tell you something from actual gameplay:

• There is literally ONE person handling bans and reports for COH2 gameplay in Relic. And you have to send them the replay along with a description of the incident in the fucking company email haha.
  • As such, the span of tolerance or not does not really exist. You either do something bannable or you don't. It's not like Riot or Valve that can ban you for even micspamming to "keep the game clean". No no no.
  • So anyway, the bannable offenses are: basekilling (the most oftenly reported), bypassing the "racism" censoring and spamming slurs (that's why I got banned purpotedly), wiring your friends base, wiring obscene gestures (I once saw someone wiring a swastika logo because he was losing) and if you hack.
  • No other reasons can be grounds for ban, simply because of how understaffed the department of corrections of coh2 is.
  • As such, you have no reason to cry. What your teammate did is most certainly annoying, but not bannable.

Spoken like someone who cant be accountable to their mistakes. The last point is funny. We don't need bigots or base rage kiddos man and if your best reply is that "Literally ONE person" and "you have no reason to cry" Id say you got what was well earned.
4 Aug 2022, 16:58 PM

Spoken like someone who cant be accountable to their mistakes. The last point is funny. We don't need bigots or base rage kiddos man and if your best reply is that "Literally ONE person" and "you have no reason to cry" Id say you got what was well earned.

It's the truth though.

Mildly annoying your teammate by truckblocking is not ground for ban. End of story.
4 Aug 2022, 18:29 PM

Wait was it a teammate or opponent who blocked your squad? Cause if a teammate is doing that intentionally that seems like griefing

If an opponent did it then that's just cheeky, but nothing wrong. Only have Relic to blame for that one
5 Aug 2022, 23:33 PM

It's the same like with the old (no longer possible) ghost wiring: It's a scummy move and banned in tournaments but allowed in automatch
6 Aug 2022, 12:52 PM
Benefactor 392

Using game mechanics such as path blocking, or path redirecting is a game based skill. Learning how pathing works is very crucial in the game, and is constantly used both for and against you. Take into consideration tanks for example. you see most of the time people will use them to move forward or backward in a lot of maps.

more intensive work such as blocking paths via wire, sandbags or trucks are also very well known, and in rare cases when it works other vehicles blocking paths is also a known play.

I understand that this post was more because you were upset you lost a game due to something "cheesey" but it's how it is.

Now if your ally had done it, and assuming it's an ally, since you hadn't specified, then you just rolled a bad team mate, and when it happens to be this, just don't waste your time, and just leave the game. people are assholes, treat everyone as such until proven otherwise. this way you are saved the disappointment. just don't be an asshole yourself
7 Aug 2022, 06:18 AM

Using game mechanics such as path blocking, or path redirecting is a game based skill. Learning how pathing works is very crucial in the game, and is constantly used both for and against you. Take into consideration tanks for example. you see most of the time people will use them to move forward or backward in a lot of maps.

more intensive work such as blocking paths via wire, sandbags or trucks are also very well known, and in rare cases when it works other vehicles blocking paths is also a known play.

I understand that this post was more because you were upset you lost a game due to something "cheesey" but it's how it is.

Now if your ally had done it, and assuming it's an ally, since you hadn't specified, then you just rolled a bad team mate, and when it happens to be this, just don't waste your time, and just leave the game. people are assholes, treat everyone as such until proven otherwise. this way you are saved the disappointment. just don't be an asshole yourself

1. I won the game

2. Understanding & using game mechanics are different from "exploiting" glitches. Are you also positive to multiple insta building of sandbag/trench top blocking vehicle path? If so, we are on a different page here, and I have no intention to persuade you or be persuaded.
8 Aug 2022, 12:27 PM

To report someone first of all you need the replay of the save file.

At any rate, I do not think what you are outlining is considered bannable offense, as in griefing etc.

Wrong, you need either a screenshot or a video file, the replay wont be accepted, it says so right in their "how to report" post
8 Aug 2022, 12:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2022, 12:27 PMLatch

Wrong, you need either a screenshot or a video file, the replay wont be accepted, it says so right in their "how to report" post

The person who reported me, according to the reply I got from Relic's side, sent in his replay file.

Now whether that is proper etiquette or not I do not (and do not care) to know.
8 Aug 2022, 13:24 PM

The person who reported me, according to the reply I got from Relic's side, sent in his replay file.

Now whether that is proper etiquette or not I do not (and do not care) to know.

I care if you are spreading false information
8 Aug 2022, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2022, 13:24 PMLatch

I care if you are spreading false information

I am spreading the exact reply I got from Relic side. I bet you could even email him to take care of this since they are literally a one person team.

Other than that, you should care about fixing the big things overlooking western society as a whole, not how to report someone basekilling on a 12year old game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★