Login

russian armor

Further Evidence that COH3 is Trash

PAGES (11)down
30 Aug 2022, 09:41 AM

My point was who cares about historical accuracy? It's a game wehere tanks engage themselves at nearly point blank, infantry can sustain a volley of bullet and artillery has close to no range but it's breaking your immersion if there a fantasy tank? The game itself is fantasy, at leats in my opinion. Why is the black prince such a big deal I really don't get it. Feels like nitpicking. If it's about plane, having a functionning luftwaffe in the settingd of coh2 is pure fantasy aswell but nobody seems to care whatsoever for some reason...

I agree. I find all the complaining about historical authenticity a bit weird. There's so much in every COH game that is no-where near historically accurate or realistic. We love it because it's a great RTS, that's all it needs to be. As others have said, if you want a ww2 realism sim there's a whole other genre dedicated to exactly that.
30 Aug 2022, 09:58 AM

My point was who cares about historical accuracy? It's a game wehere tanks engage themselves at nearly point blank, infantry can sustain a volley of bullet and artillery has close to no range but it's breaking your immersion if there a fantasy tank? The game itself is fantasy, at leats in my opinion. Why is the black prince such a big deal I really don't get it. Feels like nitpicking. If it's about plane, having a functionning luftwaffe in the settingd of coh2 is pure fantasy aswell but nobody seems to care whatsoever for some reason...

Then why not add Space Marines and Rivendell Elves to the game? Nobody says that the game should be 1000% historically true and the tank has a rivet in the wrong place. But the game did not deviate from the canons of the Second World War, and this really worsens the immersion in the game. Also, game mechanics do not equal authenticity. The fact that the game has a small scale does not mean that it negates the authenticity of the game.

When infantry skins were shown that ruined the WWII atmosphere of immersion and authenticity by making it closer to the Rainbow Six Siege game, it caused obvious questions and denial. But when a tank is added to the game that does the same - pff, don't care.
30 Aug 2022, 10:05 AM

Then why not add Space Marines and Rivendell Elves to the game? Nobody says that the game should be 1000% historically true and the tank has a rivet in the wrong place. But the game did not deviate from the canons of the Second World War, and this really worsens the immersion in the game. Also, game mechanics do not equal authenticity. The fact that the game has a small scale does not mean that it negates the authenticity of the game.

Because you want a game in a WW2 settings what else?

If you want space marines go for DoW. Stop pointing ridiculous examples.

Is the black Prince looking like a WW2 tank? yes? Is it really putting you out of immersion? Then Why do you play with 30 guys an artillery piece, 3 tanks and 2 support weapon, this doesnt make a sens historicly speaking. If they want to put IS-3 why not? panther 2 why not?

It's a game about WW2 not a documentary. And if you don't like their choices fine but maybe stop complaining for hours and hours on a niche forum. Don't like the game? don't buy it easy.
30 Aug 2022, 10:09 AM

Is the black Prince looking like a WW2 tank? yes? Is it really putting you out of immersion? Then Why do you play with 30 guys an artillery piece, 3 tanks and 2 support weapon, this doesnt make a sens historicly speaking. If they want to put IS-3 why not? panther 2 why not?

It's a game about WW2 not a documentary. And if you don't like their choices fine but maybe stop complaining for hours and hours on a niche forum. Don't like the game? don't buy it easy.

And you answered your own question. This is a war about the Second World War. THERE IS NO BLACK PRINCE IN THE SECOND WORLD WAR. If you want it, go to Operation Unthinkable.

I have already given the T23 and T25 tanks, so why the hell are they not in the game? These tanks were produced in the USA in 1943-1944, and even in quantity and not 6 Black Prince prototype tanks in 1945. Or for one faction it's fantasy because we are lazy and can't find a gap in balance/design and here we are not fantasy because we found tanks that can remove balance/design.

And you again compare soft and square: scale and mechanics do not equal authenticity.
30 Aug 2022, 10:28 AM

Coh has already done this though...coh1, bergetiger, the thing that there only existed one of and had dubious claims on what it was actually built to do? Of which you can build multiple lmao?
30 Aug 2022, 10:35 AM

Coh has already done this though...coh1, bergetiger, the thing that there only existed one of and had dubious claims on what it was actually built to do? Of which you can build multiple lmao?

Bergepanzer Tiger existed, they were remade from damaged Tigers, there were 3 of them.

Ladungsliger Tiger what was called Brgetiger in CoH1 also existed. The British at one time mistakenly called this unique Tiger “Bergetiger with a crane”. This is just an inaccuracy, because at that time there were still few available sites and books about tanks, even now the archives reveal to us new details about tanks that we did not know.
30 Aug 2022, 10:55 AM

When infantry skins were shown that ruined the WWII atmosphere of immersion and authenticity by making it closer to the Rainbow Six Siege game, it caused obvious questions and denial. But when a tank is added to the game that does the same - pff, don't care.

I agree with you about the over the top, tasteless skins. But come on, you're comparing shoehorning characters from straight up fantasy into a ww2 game to somebody using artistic licence so that they can include vehicles from 'basically' the same point in history. It's hardly the same thing.
30 Aug 2022, 11:05 AM

At least Paradox actually fixes bugs and is significantly more competent than Relic is.

Speaking of competence EA is considered to be the most incompetent gaming studio in the world.
Even having being voted the worst company in America numerous times. Complete Fecal Matter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Company_of_Heroes_3

The lead game director of COH3 is David Littman. This human fecal matter brought us Battlefield Hardline and is now bringing us Company of Heroes 3.

So if anyone is wondering why Relic is utterly clueless it is because Relic is the new EA.

This is exactly why I won't buy COH3. Relic is releases products that are pure :sibPheasant:

At this point the most I can hope for is they do what every other company does and do a remaster/remake of COH1. At least then I know I would be playing a quality game instead of EA Relic trash.

On point.

I doubt even a COH1 remake would work tbh.
30 Aug 2022, 11:12 AM

I agree with you about the over the top, tasteless skins. But come on, you're comparing shoehorning characters from straight up fantasy into a ww2 game to somebody using artistic licence so that they can include vehicles from 'basically' the same point in history. It's hardly the same thing.

It's literally the same thing. The Black Prince is a prototype from 1945 that would never have been in time for war if someone in their right mind would have thought of sending such an unreliable tank to war. And he magically appears in Africa in 1942-1943.
30 Aug 2022, 11:21 AM

Bergepanzer Tiger existed, they were remade from damaged Tigers, there were 3 of them.

Ladungsliger Tiger what was called Brgetiger in CoH1 also existed. The British at one time mistakenly called this unique Tiger “Bergetiger with a crane”. This is just an inaccuracy, because at that time there were still few available sites and books about tanks, even now the archives reveal to us new details about tanks that we did not know.

Of course Bege Tiger existed, since the germans knew that it's not enough to build a tank you had to have a good way of removing it from a bad place.

The fact is every weapon in the game was actually used in battlefield situations in ww2 and what angers me the most is that they have so fucking much to add that's actually realistic and they end up fucking adding a 1945 prototype of a tank it's just absurd.

We are talking about the biggest conflict in history and you cannot find a proper heavy tank to give to brits? Come on lelic
30 Aug 2022, 11:26 AM

So what do you want? realism? Explain, why on earth is a prototype tank such a big deal?
30 Aug 2022, 11:27 AM

I would actually like to point out that most of COH2 tactics are realistic battlefied scenarios.

The game discourages you from letting a tank roam around in fear of getting it mined, snared or whatever. That's exactly how real life armored warfare works, since there is the textbook danger of the enemy climbing and jacking the tank. THat's why tank columns are always protected by infantry.

The game discourages you sending a squad to death since you can vet it and send it out again more able to fight. This also reflects the real life manpower shortages every nation experienced.

and on and on and on

The only aspects of the game that are "arcadey" are the ones that ease the game experience, ie. squads are not so squishy just because it's unfun to ask a player to keep making squads like aoe2.

So talking about "immersion", BP would actually break it. Plain and simple.
30 Aug 2022, 11:28 AM

So what do you want? realism? Explain, why on earth is a prototype tank such a big deal?

Can I add MAUS and RATTE then?

Yes or no answer me?

You want pipe dream machines to make it into the game?

Ratte is "basically" from the same point in history, it's "basically" a tank and it's "basically" a working prototype.

Yes or NO?
30 Aug 2022, 11:29 AM

So spamming pathfinders is realisitic? M8 scott spam same? TD spam realistic? come on. it goes over and over. Is there is one thing unrealistic it's tactic.
30 Aug 2022, 11:30 AM

So spamming pathfinders is realisitic? M8 scott spam same? TD spam realistic? come on. it goes over and over. Is there is one thing unrealistic it's tactic.

can i add ratte and maus>?
30 Aug 2022, 11:31 AM

Can I add MAUS and RATTE then?

Yes or no answer me?

You want pipe dream machines to make it into the game?

Ratte is "basically" from the same point in history, it's "basically" a tank and it's "basically" a working prototype.

Yes or NO?

If it fits in the gameplay why not? Games arn't realisitic.

If your game about a war that killed 50 million people is fun your game is not realisitc. War is pain, death, sensless decision, horrible things. It's not some funny games.

Don't get me wrong I'm interested about WW2 era and I love coh but i'll never claim that this game is realistic in any way.
30 Aug 2022, 12:05 PM

It's literally the same thing. The Black Prince is a prototype from 1945 that would never have been in time for war if someone in their right mind would have thought of sending such an unreliable tank to war. And he magically appears in Africa in 1942-1943.

I understand the broader point you are making, but a prototype from 1945 is definitely not 'literally the same thing' as space elves and aliens from the far future.

Part of me would actually enjoy seeing the reaction if relic trolled everybody and pretended to do a COH vs 40k RTS.
30 Aug 2022, 12:50 PM

I understand the broader point you are making, but a prototype from 1945 is definitely not 'literally the same thing' as space elves and aliens from the far future.

Part of me would actually enjoy seeing the reaction if relic trolled everybody and pretended to do a COH vs 40k RTS.

Ratte was designed in 1942 can i add it to italian front bro?

yes or no?
30 Aug 2022, 12:53 PM

Ratte was designed in 1942 can i add it to italian front bro?

yes or no?

Why are you asking me? Would it honestly ruin the game for you if they did?

I really don't think the vast majority of the playerbase would be upset.
30 Aug 2022, 12:54 PM

Why are you asking me? Would it honestly ruin the game for you if they did?

I really don't think the vast majority of the playerbase would be upset.

THANK YOU
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight