Login

russian armor

Further Evidence that COH3 is Trash

PAGES (11)down
28 Aug 2022, 21:53 PM

The Trailer looked bad. Very sad, lets hope relic has miracle workers. But TBH. its a miracle already that relic is still in business.

if people like you only pay in pennies, no wonder
29 Aug 2022, 04:06 AM

lmao what do you want from me, I bought coh2 and WFA on launch. Stop embarassing yourself with baseless accusations lol.

Like any other sane person, I am shitting on relic for not improving on any of their fuck ups. Money clearly is there, but the ppl. in charge just seem out of touch like crazy.
29 Aug 2022, 04:41 AM

Yes, she tries so hard that she added the Black Prince. For what? The faction would have worked fine without the Black Prince. If Relic really wanted to try that instead of another Germany, the faction would be Italy without heavy tanks. With asymmetrical balance.

I agree with you.

The controversy over the Black Prince, the ultra garbage UI that they are so proud to show off and the rainbow colored NVIDIA Filter (or borderlands filter that they used on DOW3) applied to the game is proof that they are clueless about what it is that makes Company of Heroes great, just like they were clueless about Dawn of War 3 and thought that players wanted a moba hybrid or whatever that fecal matter DOW 3 was trying to be.

29 Aug 2022, 09:14 AM

The Black Prince is World of Tanks when the gaps in balance or design are filled with a paper tank. Is the Company of Heroes historically accurate, of course not. But this did not deviate from the canons of the Second World War. I repeat once again: if you want fancy stuff, go to an alternative history, there you can make at least the E-100 / E-75 / Tiger-2 with a 105-mm gun, no one will forbid you from this and will not tell you any pretensions. But you took the Second World War, so you agreed its limitations. I don’t see something that the Company of Heroes would be positioned as an alternative history yet. How the hell do you get the Black Prince out of the game.

So why do we already have infrared stg44 or ostwind wich 40 of them have been made. I don't get the rant about the black prince. Like if you want historical accuraccy go study history in university. The idea of the Blcak Prince get into an acceptable range of WW2 fantasy, beacause keep in mind that coh games are WW2 fantasy, nothing else. Because playing a platton of mixed heavy tanks and a few infantry is already alternate history, the battles you have in coh games would never be a thing during WW2. So either you want an historicly accurate game wich I respect such as MoW, or SD, or you want some fun like CoH.
29 Aug 2022, 09:37 AM

So why do we already have infrared stg44 or ostwind wich 40 of them have been made. I don't get the rant about the black prince. Like if you want historical accuraccy go study history in university. The idea of the Blcak Prince get into an acceptable range of WW2 fantasy, beacause keep in mind that coh games are WW2 fantasy, nothing else. Because playing a platton of mixed heavy tanks and a few infantry is already alternate history, the battles you have in coh games would never be a thing during WW2. So either you want an historicly accurate game wich I respect such as MoW, or SD, or you want some fun like CoH.

Big difference. STG-44 with infrared sight and Ostwind were used in combat (and the Soviet camouflage Palma-44, which is on the model of the Soviet sniper, was specially created to counter infrared sights, because ordinary clothes glow in these sights). The Black Prince is not. It's obvious, and I don't understand why you are asking this question. Yes, for a variety of games, you have to take weapons that were created by a small number. For example, if Super Pershing were added to the game, it would not break the canons. One single Super Pershing was sent to the front and participated in the battle. Black Prince, T-44 are tanks that were created during the war but did not participate in the war, their participation is an alternative history.
29 Aug 2022, 12:18 PM

Big difference. STG-44 with infrared sight and Ostwind were used in combat (and the Soviet camouflage Palma-44, which is on the model of the Soviet sniper, was specially created to counter infrared sights, because ordinary clothes glow in these sights). The Black Prince is not. It's obvious, and I don't understand why you are asking this question. Yes, for a variety of games, you have to take weapons that were created by a small number. For example, if Super Pershing were added to the game, it would not break the canons. One single Super Pershing was sent to the front and participated in the battle. Black Prince, T-44 are tanks that were created during the war but did not participate in the war, their participation is an alternative history.

Agreed
29 Aug 2022, 13:38 PM

For those who say Black Prince is fine, good luck after Relic decided to put Maus or any other equally ridiculous unit, which "fits ww2 theme". And funny enough, Maus could be added using the exact same logic. Prototypes were built during the war and they were some what operational, just like Black Prince.

Adding Black Prince, basically creates a precedent when CoH will have fully ahistorical unit, which basically gives them a green light to pretty much add anything they want to. On its own kinda not a bad thing, if used smart, but Relic honestly is not smart in this regard, so you could expect only alternative universe BS.

And thats the sole reason for it be in the game. On dev.coh forums, guy literally created 1 thread saying "ship model is not historically accurate", relic jumped in and changed this model, later using it as an example of "OH WE LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY", yet, after dozens of threads about BP and the majority of people disliking it, relic just ignored them later to give excuses how their game "has a historical vibe, how it aims to look historically accurate but not be historically accurate" and some other shit. But yeah, for sure they add it only to give players ability to play with big tanks, sure.

29 Aug 2022, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2022, 03:01 AMGrumpy

I'm going to buy the game, but expect that it will be buggy. There were more cringe-worthy parts of the video than the Calliope. They bragged about infantry riding on tanks, then showed video of the infantry suspended in mid-air next to the two tanks as the tanks were moving. Then the tanks started phasing through each other, like some cross between WWII and Harry Potter. It did bother me a bit that they would brag about something that poorly executed.

ok so you realize the game will not be good and you even acknowledge this yourself but will still buy it. retarded take for sure but I respect you 1000% than the other white knight redditors
29 Aug 2022, 15:38 PM

What i don't like about this discussion is that relic at least tries to make some kind of next Gen RTS.

i mean ,look at tempest rising. another Rock paper Scissors lameduck with toy tanks and clone animations and 90s gameplay, just like evry other RTS in the last 15 years

Relic is the only RTS dev who builds this kind of atmospheric and vivid battlefield experience, not even total war gets this kind of atmosphere.

and i thank relic for that.

the real problems are mobile gamers, CoD buyers witcher only players etc.

so?

does not matter if relic is building the next bestest grandest strategy rts all they do is create a product and from the looks of it this product currently sucks
29 Aug 2022, 15:43 PM

im starting to believe this account is getting paid by lelic to 5th column us

If the product is shit, you bet your ass im not donating money to mid and upper tier executives.

And guess what,
  • Dawn of War 3
  • COH2 post 2018
  • AOE4 which is decent only becuase they got funded by microsof and carry a very heavy legacy otherwise it's a bland rts

So, showing me these titles, you ask me to spend my hard earned money to continue support for this company?
29 Aug 2022, 15:48 PM

For those who say Black Prince is fine, good luck after Relic decided to put Maus or any other equally ridiculous unit, which "fits ww2 theme". And funny enough, Maus could be added using the exact same logic. Prototypes were built during the war and they were some what operational, just like Black Prince.

Adding Black Prince, basically creates a precedent when CoH will have fully ahistorical unit, which basically gives them a green light to pretty much add anything they want to. On its own kinda not a bad thing, if used smart, but Relic honestly is not smart in this regard, so you could expect only alternative universe BS.

And thats the sole reason for it be in the game. On dev.coh forums, guy literally created 1 thread saying "ship model is not historically accurate", relic jumped in and changed this model, later using it as an example of "OH WE LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY", yet, after dozens of threads about BP and the majority of people disliking it, relic just ignored them later to give excuses how their game "has a historical vibe, how it aims to look historically accurate but not be historically accurate" and some other shit. But yeah, for sure they add it only to give players ability to play with big tanks, sure.

LMAO never thought about the MAUS shit.

Imagine what coh2.org alliedcucks would think about this...

contect: Maus is the biggest tank ever envisioned in ww2 (and I think warfare in general) boasting 200 tons of pure steel coupled with 128mm KwK cannon modeled after fucking torpedoes. Only 2 ever existed and were working prototypes
29 Aug 2022, 15:53 PM

I then thought about the black Prince and Came to a conclusion. What the heck? If the game is now the Black Prince, then why is the main US medium tank not T23? Which was produced in the amount of 248 tanks, why does the USA not have a Panther analogue of the T25 which was produced in 42 tanks? We don’t have a game about the Second World War, but a fantasy about the Second World War. And do not care that they never participated in the war and were not even planned.
29 Aug 2022, 16:16 PM

I then thought about the black Prince and Came to a conclusion. What the heck? If the game is now the Black Prince, then why is the main US medium tank not T23? Which was produced in the amount of 248 tanks, why does the USA not have a Panther analogue of the T25 which was produced in 42 tanks? We don’t have a game about the Second World War, but a fantasy about the Second World War. And do not care that they never participated in the war and were not even planned.

I also want MAUS and hell why even stop there, let's put the fuckin RATTE down there amiright?

29 Aug 2022, 17:01 PM

I also want MAUS and hell why even stop there, let's put the fuckin RATTE down there amiright?

Our battle will be legendary!

1000-ton "tank-fortress", sketch by Grote, USSR 1933.
29 Aug 2022, 17:15 PM

So why do we already have infrared stg44 or ostwind wich 40 of them have been made. I don't get the rant about the black prince.

They were used in actual combat while the Black Prince was not. COH is loosely based on history. The Black Prince is not history but fantasy.

That is like saying a man is thinking about having sex with your wife vs actually doing it. They could think up whatever they like but the fact is the Black Prince was just a thought that never made it into action.

If you don't shut that down then they will throw realism out the window and it will turn into a fantasy game. They might as well add magic at that point with Pioneers throwing out fireballs and Rear Echelons shooting lightning strikes. This is Relic, the same one that brought us Dawn of War 3. Don't give them any more terrible ideas or else they might try turning COH 3 into a moba again.

The only way the Black Prince becomes acceptable is if its a Single Player Only unit in a Heart of Irons 4 style campaign in which you can research any number of different technologies in which case every faction would have fantasy make believe equipment.

29 Aug 2022, 17:21 PM

Our battle will be legendary!

1000-ton "tank-fortress", sketch by Grote, USSR 1933.

say what you want about nazis/commies but totalitarian regimes had the best looking pipe dream machines
29 Aug 2022, 17:22 PM

The only way the Black Prince becomes acceptable is if its a Single Player Only unit in a Heart of Irons 4 style campaign in which you can research any number of different technologies in which case every faction would have fantasy make believe equipment.

Please don't give lelic the ""smart"" idea of releasing an unfinished game and fleshing it out over 6 years with 12 20$ useless dlcs
29 Aug 2022, 17:35 PM

Please don't give lelic the ""smart"" idea of releasing an unfinished game and fleshing it out over 6 years with 12 20$ useless dlcs

At least Paradox actually fixes bugs and is significantly more competent than Relic is.

Speaking of competence EA is considered to be the most incompetent gaming studio in the world.
Even having being voted the worst company in America numerous times. Complete Fecal Matter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Company_of_Heroes_3

The lead game director of COH3 is David Littman. This human fecal matter brought us Battlefield Hardline and is now bringing us Company of Heroes 3.

So if anyone is wondering why Relic is utterly clueless it is because Relic is the new EA.

If the product is shit, you bet your ass im not donating money to mid and upper tier executives.

And guess what,
  • Dawn of War 3
  • COH2 post 2018
  • AOE4 which is decent only becuase they got funded by microsof and carry a very heavy legacy otherwise it's a bland rts

So, showing me these titles, you ask me to spend my hard earned money to continue support for this company?

This is exactly why I won't buy COH3. Relic is releases products that are pure :sibPheasant:

At this point the most I can hope for is they do what every other company does and do a remaster/remake of COH1. At least then I know I would be playing a quality game instead of EA Relic trash.

29 Aug 2022, 23:52 PM

30 Aug 2022, 09:02 AM

My point was who cares about historical accuracy? It's a game wehere tanks engage themselves at nearly point blank, infantry can sustain a volley of bullet and artillery has close to no range but it's breaking your immersion if there a fantasy tank? The game itself is fantasy, at leats in my opinion. Why is the black prince such a big deal I really don't get it. Feels like nitpicking. If it's about plane, having a functionning luftwaffe in the settingd of coh2 is pure fantasy aswell but nobody seems to care whatsoever for some reason...
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS