Login

russian armor

Further Evidence that COH3 is Trash

PAGES (11)down
16 Jul 2022, 02:41 AM

Well be fair here, path-finding in MP alpha was fine for the most part.

Like, no-offence, but, even if pathfinding is a dog-shit broken, its better to make a video about it to make your point, rather then looking at the preview they showed us. Especially considering the video they showed up on twitch, was clearly out-dated, since it had old unit portraits.
16 Jul 2022, 15:37 PM

i agree with Kurobane

tanks mixing with other tanks defying physics should be fixed long time ago

its not a small thing , is a big thing

but coh is still a pretty good RTS despite some bugs
16 Jul 2022, 19:07 PM

Then I think Steam would be inundated with lawsuits. You paid money for the goods, but it turns out you can lose everything at any time. By analogy, recently in Russia, a guy won a court case against Sony. The PS store did not work in Russia (now it works again) and he was ordered to replace his PS5 without a BR drive with a new one with a drive + compensation, because his expensive PS5 just turned into useless trash.

It could also be because of the russian price and grey market. We know many keys from grey market come from Russia, not necessarily from russian but the exchange market make it really cheap for western people to buy russian keys. It could be simply a decision to delay the release in Russia because of it.
16 Jul 2022, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2022, 19:07 PMEsxile

It could also be because of the russian price and grey market. We know many keys from grey market come from Russia, not necessarily from russian but the exchange market make it really cheap for western people to buy russian keys. It could be simply a decision to delay the release in Russia because of it.

Nah, CIS keys are region locked, meaning they can be activated only in Ukraine, Russia, Belarus and so on. Its not possible to receive of sent a gift to Europe\US.

On top of that Relic\Sega strate up removed regional pricing in countries with low wages, creating situations where base CoH3 edition costing like 2 Copies of Red Dead Redemption 2.

Point being, that Russia in a first place was blocked, because there is no way for Russians to use cards to buy games and they are forced to use scummy methods like selling items\use gift card with different currency and so on. But obliviously majority of the Russian community wont do this because they dont give a fuck, therefor Relic\Sega can freely region lock them to get themselfs some "karma points" in public eyes.

While at the same time bumping up the price in low wages regions, to compensate for lose of Russian market.
16 Jul 2022, 22:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2022, 15:37 PMafrrs
i agree with Kurobane

tanks mixing with other tanks defying physics should be fixed long time ago

its not a small thing , is a big thing

Exactly, its been in since COH 1, Relic is the only company I know who will literally leave the same bugs in their entire catalog of games. Hell even the most basic thing of allowing you to change your hotkeys they struggled with for decades and are boasting that its a key feature for COH3 :facepalm:

It is a shame that Brian Wood died in a car accident (He was responsible for COH 1 and other games, his death caused COH Online to be canceled). Without him Relic went full retard afterwards and have been continuing its long streak of continuous failures since. COH 2 was extremely bad on launch and it took them 5 years to pull a No Man's Sky and turn this trainwreck of COH2 into a success.
20 Jul 2022, 17:30 PM

... Without him Relic went full retard afterwards and have been continuing its long streak of continuous failures since...

I dont know any of this history. But in my long years in the business world I can tell you for a fact: Any company that is successful, is only successful because the founders knew what they were doing. Once those people move on, the game is over. Once you start hiring CEOs and going public and have boards, you may as well close up shop. Those people do not know the industry. They will crumble the business trying to do stupid things to make themselves look good.

My company is bought and sold every 5-7 years or so. The noobs that come in go, "You are using method A so we are going to switch to method B." We get sold... "You are using method B so we are going to switch to method A.". They have no clue. They just make dumb changes to act like they are doing something. Meanwhile the business suffers and suffers, sales drop ... And the whole time people who have been here thru these changes tell them "We originally did it this way, were profitable, and were growing our business because of it."

I have lived thru these monkeys getting paid ridiculous salaries to ruin the business. That is why I am constantly saying "Relic management sucks balls". They are constantly dropping the ball. Clearly the people in charge do not know the core business and what makes Coh successful. And our only interface is a poor community manager who gets hired not knowing the game and who gets moved as soon as they start to understand what the hell is going on.

All we can do is act like Americas CNN anchors and speculate. Since we have no facts.

This vomitous diatribe brought to you by Rosbone™, your leader in nonsensical musings he knows nothing about....Rosbone™, when you are just so bored you will read anything....

See even my marketing blows Relics out of the water
21 Jul 2022, 23:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2022, 17:30 PMRosbone

I dont know any of this history.

Brian Wood was an interesting guy. He was a major in music but knew that a career in music would make less money than making games so he learned programming to make games.

Not only was he responsible for creating immersive sound in COH including unit voice lines and other audio things, he also created most of the mechanics for the game such as capturing territory, unit vet and so on. He was such a huge part of Company of Heroe's success that Relic basically made him big boss man and he was in charge of Tales of Valor and all future COH titles. He died in a car accident sadly. He was a genius and full of talent. Much respect for him.

However if you ever felt that COH2 or COH3 was not as good or didn't have the same charm as COH1 its because COH2/COH3 doesn't have the creator that basically made the series. You have all these new people that don't know/care or understand what is COH which is why COH3 is the hot mess that it is now.

COH 3 is just a shitty color filter painted on top of COH 2 (same engine as COH2) just to make it look like something different when in reality its just an expansion to COH 2 but just called COH 3 since they could charge more for it. No real fixes, no real improvements. Pure laziness across the board with the worst UI known to mankind in any gaming software product.

Look at Age of Empires 4. Its basically AOE 2 with less factions and a ton of bugs (hire elevation units sometimes cant hit just like in COH2) which is exactly why AOE 2 has more active players than AOE 4. It offers nothing fundamentally new while being an overall worse experience which is exactly what COH 3 is.
22 Jul 2022, 08:17 AM

Now that is interesting. I had no idea about Brian Wood and his influence on the game.
22 Jul 2022, 09:45 AM

No real fixes, no real improvements.

I agree with everything you said, but lets be fair, that is simply untrue.
28 Jul 2022, 10:09 AM

This type of attitude is exactly why Relic took took 20+ years just to allow people to change their own hotkeys (a basic feature of literally every single game from 2000 onwards). Stop settling for mediocre trash and demand real upgrades to the game instead of the same engine from 2006 with a DOW 3 colorful filter on top of it just to make it seem like they actually made a brand new game.

At least there are some people trying to get Relic to make changes in a positive direction.

COH 3 has dog shite graphics, the worst UI I have ever used in any single game (besides Total War Three Kingdoms) and lacking basic functional upgrades like improvements to Pathfinding. It doesn't need to be perfect but any improvement over what we have now is a step in the right direction. Instead we get Relic embarassing themselves on Twitch by trying to reverse tanks only for them to spin in circles.

Lmao mate I think mappable hotkeys are still not available to AOE4:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think it's on a roadmap or sth:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
22 Aug 2022, 03:06 AM

Are they just copy pasting the coding from Coh2? I heard that it was a mess.
1. Game still bug splats
2. Surrender bug never fixed

Man anyone else remember that extremely loud sound bug? Relic better get it together. Dow 3 sucked, aoe 4 looked like bum. Coh 3 saving grace is probably gonna be the German Campaign (nobody ever really has the balls to do these)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojrsL2b9Fr8&t=14m15s&t=14m15s (Relic fanboys defend this type of cancer, took them probably 5 years too fix!)
22 Aug 2022, 07:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2022, 10:44 AMSocks

No real point in hanging around. Just wanted to get it off my chest I guess. Take care!

why are you still here then?
22 Aug 2022, 11:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2022, 03:06 AMSocks
Are they just copy pasting the coding from Coh2?

Uhm CoH3 uses a completely new engine and everything needs to be built from scratch.
So no
22 Aug 2022, 12:18 PM

Uhm CoH3 uses a completely new engine and everything needs to be built from scratch.
So no

I want YOU, to play test the game for ME. Thank you soldier.

P.S - why are the tanks still phazing? Working as intended?
22 Aug 2022, 14:40 PM

So no

LMAO did you even play the alphas?

COH3 uses the EXACT same engine COH1 USED.

How did I know?

I played on a RTX1070 rig with an overclocked 8core 5ghz i7 processor and 64gb of ram (We use this in my uni pc to simulate statistical models) and it only USED A SINGLE CORE AND MAX 2GIGS of ram.

Tell me, when was the last time a game engine was capped at one core? Oh right 2006.
22 Aug 2022, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2022, 03:06 AMSocks
Are they just copy pasting the coding from Coh2? I heard that it was a mess.
1. Game still bug splats
2. Surrender bug never fixed

Man anyone else remember that extremely loud sound bug? Relic better get it together. Dow 3 sucked, aoe 4 looked like bum. Coh 3 saving grace is probably gonna be the German Campaign (nobody ever really has the balls to do these)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojrsL2b9Fr8&t=14m15s&t=14m15s (Relic fanboys defend this type of cancer, took them probably 5 years too fix!)

When I write about that shit though I am the "bad boy" of the conversation. It's amazing how people are so ready to love a literal 2022 corporation like it was their father or their mother it's insane...

THE ALPHA we played a mere 4 MONTHS before game launch did not properly have MORTAR FLAMES and the sound was CHOPPY. The graphics got REVAMPED 4 times after the end of ALPHA and you tell me this game is ready for the general public?

COH3 will either be the best or the last relic game. SEGA is no idiotic company and knows when and how to cut losses.

RTS is not so popular anymore anyway so ye...
22 Aug 2022, 14:44 PM

why are you still here then?

Because everybody deserves the right to voice his opinion in a democratic environment.

Or do you wanna ban democracy if that means more people suck up to lelic?
22 Aug 2022, 19:29 PM

LMAO did you even play the alphas?

COH3 uses the EXACT same engine COH1 USED.

How did I know?

I played on a RTX1070 rig with an overclocked 8core 5ghz i7 processor and 64gb of ram (We use this in my uni pc to simulate statistical models) and it only USED A SINGLE CORE AND MAX 2GIGS of ram.

Tell me, when was the last time a game engine was capped at one core? Oh right 2006.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7l0Rq9E8MY
22 Aug 2022, 22:45 PM

For the record I really want coh 3 to be amazing! But I cannot justify a new graphics card until the we all finally know the truth. Nobody really can say anything until we get our hands on the actual 'finished' game.

I just hope they don't kill the community in the first month and shut it down like DoW 3.
23 Aug 2022, 12:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2022, 12:18 PMSocks

I want YOU, to play test the game for ME. Thank you soldier.

Few things:

1) You are not forced to playtest the alpha builds

2) The playtests are free and can definitely be very interesting for CoH fans

3) If Relic would extensively test CoH3 to a scale & effectiveness of the public playtests with 10s of thousands of playtesters, they would waste an insane amount of time. By having to spend less time into testing, they can spend more into actually coding & developing the game

4) Of course Relic isn't giving access to the builds because they're good samaritans but because it's incredibly helpful for finding bugs and getting feedback, we all know that. But would you rather not have the tests and then get a worse game at launch?

"But but, studios like Rockstar Games are also capable of launching finished & complete products without playtests!!"

Yes, and they also have around 30 to 50 times the budget available
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight