Login

russian armor

UKF Officer + Recover sapper bug

9 Jul 2022, 00:31 AM

I was playing a game earlier and had these 2 units selected, I cannot recall what caused it all I know is that I used the hero charge (cant remember the name) of the officer on the engie squad as I was attacking an enemy and when I selected the officer I had all the hotkeys for the engies and the officers, on the officer unit. I could build emplacements caches etc but my arty was gone (the smoke was still there)

When I went to build an emplacement with the officer just to see what would happen, they ran towards the spot and the emplacement appeared, an engie squad then came and started to build it so fuck knows what was going on.

The only way I could get rid of it was by selecting my engie squad, giving them a move/build order and then reselecting the officer.
9 Jul 2022, 01:40 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Pertains to some maps which can get abilities swapped or lost. Lienne Forest in notorious for this.
9 Jul 2022, 09:24 AM

Like Link said, Lienne forest is probably the only map with that problem. Maybe a few others, but on Lienne it's quite often to occur.
Another way to "fix" it is by selecting the bugged out squad and then selecting any ambient building... and then selecting the bugged out squad again.

The squad will bug out again though. The best thing to do is to just let it die because it seems it's tied to objects in the code (for as long as the specific object is in the memory). So when an object bugs out, it's kept bugged out.

As to what triggers it, I've noticed a couple of things over the past few years:

1) Dragging the squad to cover sometimes triggers it (right click dragging)
2) Selecting a building and then any squad will turn that squad into the bug victim.
3) Selecting a lot of squads at the same time and toggling between them (tab or sth)

Another type of bug on that map I encountered is by:

A) Toggling between different units quickly --> My rear echelon had Pak howi hotkeys/UI (barrage abilities, ground target...) AND my pak howi had repair, smoke, retreat.... abilities. This one I couldn't fix in any way (happened 2 years ago) and just had to let them die to offmaps. Literally had to bait frag bombs on them next to each other because they were useless.
9 Jul 2022, 23:12 PM

It was on Lienne forest so I guess that explains it, what is it with that map affects units?
10 Jul 2022, 01:35 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

According to the mappers relic uploaded the wrong version of some maps; Lienne (3v3,4v4) and Vilshanka (1v1) are the biggest offenders of this bug. The only word on it is from the mappers because relic don't talk about the bug or look into it publically.

In order to attempt to fix the bug you can select an ambient building as proto said. People have also had success by selecting different squads in different orders ending at the bugged squad. Sometimes though the squad just doesn't get fixed and basically becomes useless. This can also occur on tanks as well.
10 Jul 2022, 08:58 AM

According to the mappers relic uploaded the wrong version of some maps; Lienne (3v3,4v4) and Vilshanka (1v1) are the biggest offenders of this bug. The only word on it is from the mappers because relic don't talk about the bug or look into it publically.

In order to attempt to fix the bug you can select an ambient building as proto said. People have also had success by selecting different squads in different orders ending at the bugged squad. Sometimes though the squad just doesn't get fixed and basically becomes useless. This can also occur on tanks as well.

This can occur on anything. It didn't happen to me but I once heard the enemy OKW player complain that their BG got bugged. Couldn't build anything. Managed to fix it after a minute. I doubt he was lying.
11 Jul 2022, 10:45 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Its not the wrong version per se.
But somehow the old relic upload tools changes or create extra code lines or something into it.
Because the workshopverisons of the reworked version or created version are fine.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★