Login

russian armor

Penals have the worst mainline infantry target size

PAGES (7)down
5 Jul 2022, 07:27 AM

That still isn't good considering their price point, the fact that you have to build your entire playstyle around them, their long build-time hampering your map control early game, and their reinforce cost.To the Last Man's boost is also rather shit, it really doesn't make enough of a difference to justify it's own existence.

They are fine. You give up some map control and in exchange you get to bully your opponent in the early exchanges.
6 Jul 2022, 07:59 AM

So we are comparing penals to JLI these days in order to once more arrive at the conclusion "hur dur axis better allies worse"

late game coh2.org is wild
6 Jul 2022, 12:30 PM

So we are comparing penals to JLI these days in order to once more arrive at the conclusion "hur dur axis better allies worse"

late game coh2.org is wild

Remind me when axis was not in a better spot than allies? Everyone who is honest and has experience says that it has always been a fighting a upward battle with allies vs axis.

Also yes, we CAN compare Penals to Axis elite infantry since oftentimes Penal MP bleed for 2-3+ squads is so horrendous that you can't even afford a squad of Guards to contest their own elites.You have to get a M3/Sniper even with the afromentioned higher maintenance cost of Penals to compete against Axis elites(grens included).
6 Jul 2022, 13:17 PM

Remind me when axis was not in a better spot than allies? Everyone who is honest and has experience says that it has always been a fighting a upward battle with allies vs axis.

Also yes, we CAN compare Penals to Axis elite infantry since oftentimes Penal MP bleed for 2-3+ squads is so horrendous that you can't even afford a squad of Guards to contest their own elites.You have to get a M3/Sniper even with the afromentioned higher maintenance cost of Penals to compete against Axis elites(grens included).

Isn't it more that Soviets and Ost are just way more complete, superior factions with more tools compared to all of the other choices? Instead of some Axis/Allies balance conspiracy? That's why you basically never see anything else at the top level.
6 Jul 2022, 14:21 PM

OK next post remind me to compare AEC against Katyusha to arrive at the conclusion that since Katyusha has better AI capability, AEC needs a new cannon. Oh and YES, I can compare those two since they are both vehicles with four wheels.

Brainlet logic.
6 Jul 2022, 21:21 PM

Isn't it more that Soviets and Ost are just way more complete, superior factions with more tools compared to all of the other choices? Instead of some Axis/Allies balance conspiracy? That's why you basically never see anything else at the top level.

It is crazy how we always say they are complete but they are literally played one way in tournaments. For soviets it is con spam with either guards or SVT drop. OST is gren spam with Jaeger command squad. Both get double AT into medium-P4 or T34 variant. Any deviation from that like a single PG squad(or any non Reg Guard elite) is seen as off meta and an interesting choice. If most of the units are unused are they really that complete or just certain units are overperforming and the ELITE players stick to them as they are playing for money and pride.

Watching 1v1 games has gotten extremely stale, I am glad when I see anything else as you can actually learn something/try something new.
6 Jul 2022, 22:46 PM

It is crazy how we always say they are complete but they are literally played one way in tournaments. For soviets it is con spam with either guards or SVT drop. OST is gren spam with Jaeger command squad. Both get double AT into medium-P4 or T34 variant. Any deviation from that like a single PG squad(or any non Reg Guard elite) is seen as off meta and an interesting choice. If most of the units are unused are they really that complete or just certain units are overperforming and the ELITE players stick to them as they are playing for money and pride.

Watching 1v1 games has gotten extremely stale, I am glad when I see anything else as you can actually learn something/try something new.

You're right, I agree it can be pretty stale. I suppose it just becomes a matter or minimising risk and going for the strongest thing possible. It would be great to see more off-meta stuff though. Hopefully in the next game eh! Sorry for going a bit off topic.
7 Jul 2022, 13:00 PM

Remind me when axis was not in a better spot than allies?

I'm 100% confident to say USF & Sov has upper hand vs OKW in 1v1.

AEC needs a new cannon.

And yes it does.

7 Jul 2022, 13:46 PM

And there was me thinking i was supposed to have an advantage over USF as OKW in 1v1. It isn't just because i'm bad, i knew it! xD
7 Jul 2022, 15:26 PM

Soviets do, but USF doesn't really. USF needs quite a bit of luck in early OKW 1v1:
a) location of Spios
b) first fight
c) long/close range firefight

Soviets have less of a problem due to penals and clown car action and Combat engineers that can bleed up to 2 models of approaching Spios if behind cover. REs either take down one (10%) or none with 3% hp damage (90%)
7 Jul 2022, 16:09 PM

Soviets do, but USF doesn't really. USF needs quite a bit of luck in early OKW 1v1:
a) location of Spios
b) first fight

Soviets have less of a problem due to penals and clown car action and Combat engineers that can bleed up to 2 models of approaching Spios if behind cover. REs either take down one (10%) or none with 3% hp damage (90%)

Yeah i thought this was the case. The Soviet matchup is usually the toughest. So many options, snipers included.
7 Jul 2022, 16:56 PM

a) location of Spios
b) first fight

Just try not to engage into fight until 3rd rifleman is on the field. And toy with OKW with m20+stuart.

I was one of many who claimed we should nerf stealth-moving rackt, but after many nerfs OKW got and doomed mech truck start; they are just too vulnerable in early-mid game against vehicles.

Of course things get better after first p4, but it's really tough to keep up the pace w/o proper vehicle.
12 Jul 2022, 10:31 AM

Just try not to engage into fight until 3rd rifleman is on the field. And toy with OKW with m20+stuart.

I was one of many who claimed we should nerf stealth-moving rackt, but after many nerfs OKW got and doomed mech truck start; they are just too vulnerable in early-mid game against vehicles.

Of course things get better after first p4, but it's really tough to keep up the pace w/o proper vehicle.

I would not say doomed but very unworthy.

t0 rak is still op as fuck and allows you to play infantry with 100% safety since you pop 290mp and at any point can tackle a LV like T70, AAHT, etc... it's just too good to be true even with the cloak nerf
12 Jul 2022, 12:29 PM

t0 rak is still op as fuck and allows you to play infantry with 100% safety since you pop 290mp and at any point can tackle a LV like T70, AAHT, etc... it's just too good to be true even with the cloak nerf

I won't say it's too good. Any faction (except for the USF) can purchase AT against LV at the right time.

The reason OKW can purchase rak in t0 is that they don't have any snare at an early time. And M3(Sov) & UC(UKF) are a pain in the ass in the early game for OKW.
13 Jul 2022, 00:43 AM

UC(UKF) are a pain in the ass in the early game for OKW.

Universal Carrier is easy for OKW to deal with. They don't even nrrf Raketen for that and can get by with just the Panzershrek upgrade on Sturmpioneers.

M3 though is worthy enough for a Raketen. Due to how fast it is and how it dodges Panzershrek shots like Neo dodges bullets in the Matrix.
(M3 vet 1 gives movement speed and also increased -received accuracy which makes it harder for the shrek to hit)

I would have liked to have seen Raketen start off on par with M-42 45mm Anti-Tank Gun which would be appropriate for its timing with the option to upgrade it later on to be on par with Pak 40 in range/damage.
13 Jul 2022, 08:21 AM

Universal Carrier is easy for OKW to deal with. They don't even nrrf Raketen for that and can get by with just the Panzershrek upgrade on Sturmpioneers.

M3 though is worthy enough for a Raketen. Due to how fast it is and how it dodges Panzershrek shots like Neo dodges bullets in the Matrix.
(M3 vet 1 gives movement speed and also increased -received accuracy which makes it harder for the shrek to hit)

I would have liked to have seen Raketen start off on par with M-42 45mm Anti-Tank Gun which would be appropriate for its timing with the option to upgrade it later on to be on par with Pak 40 in range/damage.

After 700hours of pure okw play, I agree with you.

Right now in 99% of cases the meta is Healtruck to Mg to Special Inf to Schwere etc... and it all can work flawlessly since you have an atg gun at any point of the game to hel you. Mech truck opening is long dead on most 2v2-3v3 engagements and MAYBE works against low level blobbers (go mech save fuel go Stuka zu Faus and endanger your whole teching on a two snare rocket vehicle).

I would like to see some real opportunities for okw.
14 Jul 2022, 23:24 PM

well,normal infant compare the comander infant,maybe the sovia infant is so powerfull even dont mention the axis normail infant

but i think it is a good idea,so the sovia can win 10:0 in the final match.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS