Login

russian armor

What's the best and most effective loiter/skill planes?

best loiters/skill planes
Option Distribution Votes
83%
17%
Total votes: 23
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
22 Jun 2022, 10:38 AM

add yours because i cannot remember everything
22 Jun 2022, 12:48 PM

Overwatch is the strongest but makes the least amount of sense to me. OKW is supposed to be late war army with strong inf/tanks in smaller numbers due to attrition. At this point they have lost air supremacy, why the hell do they get the best loiter in the game. It should be a strafe that does both AI/AT to represent their growing desperation lack of options.

Overwatch would make more sense for either Brits or USF.

On topic I think the second strongest is the Soviet loiter. It is not the ability itself but the fact the soviets aren’t that muni intensive especially if you go Penals. You can spam that 180 muni fairly easily, it is just not seen as much due to the commanders being overshadowed by better options/no guards.
22 Jun 2022, 14:34 PM

Anyone know which does more damage, on average, in one pass? It seems like the overwatch does more and more consistently with the BRRR cannons, rather than the BOOM rockets. Also seems to deal more dmg to infantry neighboring infantry.
22 Jun 2022, 15:39 PM

Obviously overwatch because it has at least double the strafing planes of any other loiter lmfao

why is this a debate
22 Jun 2022, 15:55 PM

Overwatch is the strongest but makes the least amount of sense to me. OKW is supposed to be late war army with strong inf/tanks in smaller numbers due to attrition. At this point they have lost air supremacy, why the hell do they get the best loiter in the game. It should be a strafe that does both AI/AT to represent their growing desperation lack of options.

Overwatch would make more sense for either Brits or USF.

On topic I think the second strongest is the Soviet loiter. It is not the ability itself but the fact the soviets aren’t that muni intensive especially if you go Penals. You can spam that 180 muni fairly easily, it is just not seen as much due to the commanders being overshadowed by better options/no guards.

what's the soviet loiter you are talking about
22 Jun 2022, 16:07 PM

what's the soviet loiter you are talking about

The loiter from advanced infantry tactics(can’t remember if that is the name) The one with PPSH, t3485, repair, and radio intercept. It is also in the commander with T3485/IS2. It pins and does massive damage.
22 Jun 2022, 17:47 PM

The loiter from advanced infantry tactics(can’t remember if that is the name) The one with PPSH, t3485, repair, and radio intercept. It is also in the commander with T3485/IS2. It pins and does massive damage.

brb going to try it
22 Jun 2022, 18:27 PM

it does anti infantry damage almost exclusively and it only yellow pins 90% of the time

its primarily good for the damage while axis loiters typically insta red pin infantry
22 Jun 2022, 19:41 PM

Overwatch not even a question.

The sheer number of planes means it's hard to shoot them all down (assuming you even have AA if 1v1 or 2v2). It's anti-everything with Pin + AT Strafes so it's not like handheld AT can help you fend off the tank dive that's next. I'd also venture to say that the AT strafe is more accurate versus mediums (I feel like P47's miss a good bit against anything smaller than a Panther.)

The Strumovik Stafe is sneaky good though - it's cheap and has good wiping potential but it's not nearly as impactful as the "instant map control" Sector Assault.
22 Jun 2022, 20:00 PM

P47s are by far the worst. Extremely unreliable

Any of the loiters that have stuka AT are really strong (SCAS, Airborne Assault, Sector Assault)

While it's technically not a skill plane ability, Soviet AT Overwatch is extremely strong too. Might not have planes but if anything thats a bonus
22 Jun 2022, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2022, 18:27 PMKatukov

it does anti infantry damage almost exclusively and it only yellow pins 90% of the time

its primarily good for the damage while axis loiters typically insta red pin infantry

It works well for me, I have no need of the red pin. I just want some suppression and rush in with infantry to hopefully get some wipes. Or Katy for the rockets into retreat path. I have gotten a bit better with SU85 so I have been thinking about combining the Loiter, SU85 and IS2. T3485 always lets me down without guards or snare.
22 Jun 2022, 20:31 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

This is even a question? OKW sector assault is the ultimate "slap it on a dive and come out on top" button. Not to mention the rest of the doctrine is all meta.
22 Jun 2022, 21:15 PM
Senior Caster Badge

The British Loiter with Anti Infantry and Anti Tank is the sickest one. It's p47 with Sturmovik pretty much. One shots vet 5 obers. Sick shit, Broken doctrine.
23 Jun 2022, 12:48 PM

As the sheer value, overwatch is the strongest one.

In reality P47 or UKF Strafing support\Hold the line.

Sector assault is hard-countered by the AA units, super badly. Almost pointless to use it, if there is AA around.

P47 tends to fly all over the map, instead of circling around the area, making hitting it down way harder.

UKF (especially AI planes) just delete inf, its like IL-2 strafing run, but with auto-aim and multiple hits. Tho they are also very susceptible to AA. But unlike overwatch\stuka-AT run, even if there is AA gun, UKF AI planes still might be able to wipe a squad or two before being killed, while Stuka AT runs only will be able to finish almost dead tank anyway.

And soviets are garbage :romeoHairDay:
23 Jun 2022, 13:40 PM

It works well for me, I have no need of the red pin. I just want some suppression and rush in with infantry to hopefully get some wipes. Or Katy for the rockets into retreat path. I have gotten a bit better with SU85 so I have been thinking about combining the Loiter, SU85 and IS2. T3485 always lets me down without guards or snare.

the suppression is good but the damage is 80% why the loiter is good
23 Jun 2022, 16:30 PM
Donator 22

Best skill planes: UKF Hawkers
23 Jun 2022, 19:29 PM

Overwatch not even a question.

The sheer number of planes means it's hard to shoot them all down (assuming you even have AA if 1v1 or 2v2). It's anti-everything with Pin + AT Strafes so it's not like handheld AT can help you fend off the tank dive that's next. I'd also venture to say that the AT strafe is more accurate versus mediums (I feel like P47's miss a good bit against anything smaller than a Panther.)

The Strumovik Stafe is sneaky good though - it's cheap and has good wiping potential but it's not nearly as impactful as the "instant map control" Sector Assault.

agreed but very expensive 250muni with okw and no caches is hard
23 Jun 2022, 19:30 PM

P47s are by far the worst. Extremely unreliable

Any of the loiters that have stuka AT are really strong (SCAS, Airborne Assault, Sector Assault)

While it's technically not a skill plane ability, Soviet AT Overwatch is extremely strong too. Might not have planes but if anything thats a bonus

very true about sov at overwatch i have used it quite a lot of times even though the doctrine itself is kinda meh
23 Jun 2022, 19:31 PM

medium tanks are huge let downs in general nowadays you spend 140fuel and 340mp on some shitcan to only lose it against a 340mp atg and some snares...
23 Jun 2022, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2022, 21:15 PMd0ggY
The British Loiter with Anti Infantry and Anti Tank is the sickest one. It's p47 with Sturmovik pretty much. One shots vet 5 obers. Sick shit, Broken doctrine.

now you make me boot up ukf again after 4 months
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 34
Germany 744
unknown 19
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W