Login

russian armor

[Relic][Dev Diary] #6 Destruction

15 Jun 2022, 18:26 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

17 Jun 2022, 18:35 PM

of the few things in coh3 that looks decent
18 Jun 2022, 13:13 PM

Being a structural engineer I would have to advice the Relic team to check with one on how different building collapse since there is much room for improvement on that department.
18 Jun 2022, 18:55 PM
Senior Editor Badge

of the few things in coh3 that looks decent

??? it looks really bad actually

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2022, 13:13 PMVipper
Being a structural engineer I would have to advice the Relic team to check with one on how different building collapse since there is much room for improvement on that department.

I'm not any kind of engineer but this stuff seems to be a lot of work and looks not very realistic. I'm not sure how designing any of this works but it would seem to make more sense to just adapt the coh1/coh2 method of building destruction to make it look more realistic. Having building destruction injure nearby units is going to cause a headache to competitive players IMO and from what they're showing us now it doesn't look nearly ready for a live game launch. They really could use more of that dust they're happy they removed :(
19 Jun 2022, 04:14 AM

I'm not any kind of engineer but this stuff seems to be a lot of work and looks not very realistic. I'm not sure how designing any of this works but it would seem to make more sense to just adapt the coh1/coh2 method of building destruction to make it look more realistic. Having building destruction injure nearby units is going to cause a headache to competitive players IMO and from what they're showing us now it doesn't look nearly ready for a live game launch. They really could use more of that dust they're happy they removed :(

If there will be option to disable this idiotic debris flying left and right, then its actually more or less bearable.

Also, unit being damaged by building collapsing is imo fine, its not nesesery but not a day changer. You would just look for buildings which nearly destroyed, but visually it should be a problem to see that building is about to collapse. On the other hand, if there is say a church with a huge tower (like in trailer) and you can make tower collapse just by dealing enough damage directly to it, then it might be a problem, because huge buildings will most likely damage units in larger areas. But if its a small radius around the building it should be fine.
20 Jun 2022, 10:42 AM

If there will be option to disable this idiotic debris flying left and right, then its actually more or less bearable.

Also, unit being damaged by building collapsing is imo fine, its not nesesery but not a day changer. You would just look for buildings which nearly destroyed, but visually it should be a problem to see that building is about to collapse. On the other hand, if there is say a church with a huge tower (like in trailer) and you can make tower collapse just by dealing enough damage directly to it, then it might be a problem, because huge buildings will most likely damage units in larger areas. But if its a small radius around the building it should be fine.

If that's the case then I guess it would make camping near buildings and spamming mgs on every angle of the area actually a bad choice so I would not have a problem with debris flying left and right damaging units.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 26
Peru 14
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %