Login

russian armor

Leavers

21 May 2022, 09:56 AM

Something must be done for leavers. kind of punisment. it makes the game unplayable.
21 May 2022, 12:42 PM
21 May 2022, 13:52 PM

play 1v1

stupid reply
21 May 2022, 14:19 PM
21 May 2022, 14:36 PM

21 May 2022, 16:49 PM

play 1v1

dude please, 1v1 tournaments are fun to watch but overall the 1v1 scene is dying since years.....and not just in CoH2. People wanna play in teams and with friends
21 May 2022, 17:09 PM

1v1 tournaments are fun to watch

Oh yeah boy, cant get enough of dat meta Sov vs Ost manly bounding :hansGASM::hansGASM:
22 May 2022, 17:05 PM
Donator 22

dude please, 1v1 tournaments are fun to watch but overall the 1v1 scene is dying since years.....and not just in CoH2. People wanna play in teams and with friends

I fall in your category. I wanna play with friends. So I play 2v2.

Do you have any long term data on this topic? Is this out there?
Or is it more a feeling based on a wide experience.
22 May 2022, 20:33 PM

Do you have any long term data on this topic? Is this out there?
Or is it more a feeling based on a wide experience.

It's just when you look at the focus on team-based modes & gameplay on almost every single bigger multiplayer game that came out in the last couple of years.

I didnt attempt to look up concrete data but I think it would be pretty easy to do so if one is interested in it
23 May 2022, 07:29 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

On topic:
I fully agree. There should be some form of time ban if you accumulate to many leaves in short time, as well as an auto-kick system if you are inactive. Or maybe even if your APM is very low (like below 5, which means you're only faking to play).

It's just when you look at the focus on team-based modes & gameplay on almost every single bigger multiplayer game that came out in the last couple of years.

I didnt attempt to look up concrete data but I think it would be pretty easy to do so if one is interested in it

This argument canbbe reversed though. Team games keep players longer in the game because even if you lose interest, your friends might still play. This allows selling of more DLCs, that's why they get more focus. If you lose interest in Singleplayer games, you just switch the game and that's it.
In exaggeratiom, SP is dying because game devs want it to. Obviously that's only part of the reason, your point will contribute as well.
23 May 2022, 11:19 AM

I regularly play 10 games in under 2 hours. This is because Relic sucks ass at match making. And the fact that all of the good players have left the game. There are only drooling monkeys left playing the game.

When you see people who are in the top 30-40% of the game who do not know that VPs win the game, you know the bulk of humanity has left the game. This game could not be more dead.

I literally am forced to ping spam and explain to retards that they need to take the VP and stay on it because there are only 30 VPs left before we lose. They keep sitting on the fuel like that is going to win the game.

RTS was Real Time Strategy. At this point you can remove the Strategy part. It is just donkeys stepping on their keyboards now.

If there were any time ban for leaving a game, this game would have almost zero players in team games.

I was watching a top 5% game and the USF player never made an ambulance. His troops were all running around with no health at all. He was dropping models left and right. He figured he better make an AT gun first. Top 5% player who is a functional retard. And you want to ban people for leaving. They would need to implement some form of intelligence test first before you can even play the game.

23 May 2022, 18:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2022, 11:19 AMRosbone
I regularly play 10 games in under 2 hours. This is because Relic sucks ass at match making. And the fact that all of the good players have left the game. There are only drooling monkeys left playing the game.

When you see people who are in the top 30-40% of the game who do not know that VPs win the game, you know the bulk of humanity has left the game. This game could not be more dead.

I literally am forced to ping spam and explain to retards that they need to take the VP and stay on it because there are only 30 VPs left before we lose. They keep sitting on the fuel like that is going to win the game.

RTS was Real Time Strategy. At this point you can remove the Strategy part. It is just donkeys stepping on their keyboards now.

If there were any time ban for leaving a game, this game would have almost zero players in team games.

I was watching a top 5% game and the USF player never made an ambulance. His troops were all running around with no health at all. He was dropping models left and right. He figured he better make an AT gun first. Top 5% player who is a functional retard. And you want to ban people for leaving. They would need to implement some form of intelligence test first before you can even play the game.

You really need to quit the game for your mental health man. Last time it was just shitting on Relic, then their matchmaking, now the players. I'm afraid after the next few posts you're going to shoot up a LAN party because they didn't cap the fuel in the first few minutes...
23 May 2022, 22:30 PM

I'm afraid after the next few posts you're going to shoot up a LAN party because they didn't cap the fuel in the first few minutes...

All of this is the same argument I have been saying for years: The match making is busted.

If the match making worked:
- We would get fun matches.
- People would not drop all the time.
- People with IQs above 90 would not leave and play some other game.

Normal people do not play this game. And all of the normals that used to play have left. We are just getting new players who are drooling morons. Because Relic is too lazy to fix the game.

So here we sit waiting for a new Coh game that will be the answer to all of our dreams
24 May 2022, 13:08 PM

Just make ban for people that drop or AFK for 2 min
i dont care about people that get disconnect/bugsplat
people with bad internet should not play anyways
ban for 1 month
24 May 2022, 17:44 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2022, 13:08 PMReverb
Just make ban for people that drop or AFK for 2 min
i dont care about people that get disconnect/bugsplat
people with bad internet should not play anyways
ban for 1 month

And that's how you get your community to decline in full. :)

Leavers are of course annoying, but you can't force someone to stay in a game he thinks is lost. So - You have to follow the players behavior over a period of games, and then give him minus elo or something for that but banning.. maybe after longer occurences.

Systems like in shooters wont work for CoH3
25 May 2022, 08:03 AM

play 1v1

stupid reply
25 May 2022, 11:02 AM

28 May 2022, 16:39 PM

even more stupid reply

everyone having rational opinions on how to improve the game while this guy be like "DURRHHHH pLaY 1v1"
28 May 2022, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2022, 16:39 PMteckins

everyone having rational opinions on how to improve the game while this guy be like "DURRHHHH pLaY 1v1"

lel it's about improving your game. then you will be able to carry and then you are able to get into better teamgame elo. and the best way to do that is 1v1

is the truth too hard to handle?
31 May 2022, 21:52 PM
Patrion 310

Team games keep players longer in the game because even if you lose interest, your friends might still play. This allows selling of more DLCs, that's why they get more focus.

Team games also relieve "ladder anxiety".

Ryan Schutter, lead UI designer for StarCraf 2 | 10 years anniversary interview;
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/starcraft-2-anniversary-interview-blizzard
*snip*
StarCraft 2 continued to chug along with a huge playerbase, and tons of support from Blizzard. As you mentioned, perhaps momentum was impacted, but I think StarCraft 2, and in particular the feeling of mechanical skill requirement hanging over its competitive multiplayer, and the mentality that hardcore 1v1 ladder was the "correct" way to play the game, was always going to have less broad appeal than something like a MOBA. The "ladder anxiety" people feel playing the game is very real as well, and I think playing a team game relieves a lot of that pressure regardless of whether it is a MOBA or something else.

I think if back then StarCraft 2 had something like its Co-op Missions mode that it has now, or perhaps something even more robust, it would have gone a long way to feel like a more welcoming and accessible game. I believe that could have had a real impact, but we'll never know for sure.

From a publisher's point of view, Co-op is lucrative in that it allows for deeper monetization with MTX and not just cosmetics. As PVP oriented pay-to-win MTX becomes 'pay-to-help' your team (NPC game environment).

The potential of CoH team games is far superior to any other RTS games except maybe dead IPs such as World In Conflict that had unique team play design.

The 1vs1 audience will never be the future of CoH.
Why should Sega even bother trying to compete against SC2 1vs1 when future CoH games can make more money from team players and co-ops.

I'm not saying CoH3 can't build a larger 1vs1 audience, but fans need to know they are fighting an uphill battle.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS