Login

russian armor

Can't play due to bug after 996 hours

15 May 2022, 09:45 AM

Hello everyone,

I have about 996 hours on record on company of heroes 2 but recently I have not been able to finish a single multiplayer match.

After about 10-15 minutes in match the game sates that every other player has left the match and then after a minute it disconnects me and says i've lost the game. Whilst acutally evereyone else is still connected.

I've tried repair and reinstall and yet every single match I play I get disconnected after 10-15 minutes.

It also can't be my connection because I only have this issue with company of heroes2 and the problem is too consisten to blame it on unstable connection. Plus others also have expressed the same issue. Today I was in a match with someone who could predict that whe would disconnect (when the message displays that everyone has left the game). Then a minute later or so I also happened to me.

Can anyone help me with this issue? This peoblem suddenly occcured after 996 hours of playing.
15 May 2022, 12:15 PM

Do you have lots of saved games?
16 May 2022, 00:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2022, 12:15 PMVipper
Do you have lots of saved games?

This and lots of replays can cause issues
16 May 2022, 19:36 PM

I had 0 saves for the main campaign and I deleted 2 saves for Ardennes assault. It did not resolve the issue.
18 May 2022, 11:01 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2022, 19:36 PMArcmek
I had 0 saves for the main campaign and I deleted 2 saves for Ardennes assault. It did not resolve the issue.
check your replay folder! it's a bit hard to find if you don't know it. It's under Documents/my games/playback
22 May 2022, 13:31 PM

I have deleted everything in that folder and also the folder for cloud saves and save games. Tried another match and same result. played a few minutes and get disconnected.
22 May 2022, 21:10 PM

Try using a vpn, and check your ping using hte ingame console. It may be data loss or some sort of connection issue with your data to relics servers.
23 May 2022, 08:22 AM

Have you tried playing single player and see if it happens there?.....

I mean, COH2 has no reconnection feature. Meaning that if you COMPLETELY lose connection for one second, you're gone, poof. Reduced to atoms.
COH2 will reconnect if your connection is unstable or extremely slow, but that's it.
If you can play a whole single player 4v4 or something skirmish, then your computer/COH2 file system is OK.
If you only disconnect in online modes, then it's most likely either your network card or router (chances are it's the router).
23 May 2022, 14:21 PM

Have you tried playing single player and see if it happens there?.....

I mean, COH2 has no reconnection feature. Meaning that if you COMPLETELY lose connection for one second, you're gone, poof. Reduced to atoms.
COH2 will reconnect if your connection is unstable or extremely slow, but that's it.
If you can play a whole single player 4v4 or something skirmish, then your computer/COH2 file system is OK.
If you only disconnect in online modes, then it's most likely either your network card or router (chances are it's the router).

Is company of heroes 2 the only game that works like this? My steam library alone has 100+ games and I have never encountered a similar problem in another game old or new.

Yes I am on wifi and my connection might not the most stable, but how come this issue has suddenlly arisen after almost a thousands hours without changing my router?
23 May 2022, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2022, 14:21 PMArcmek

Is company of heroes 2 the only game that works like this? My steam library alone has 100+ games and I have never encountered a similar problem in another game old or new.

Yes I am on wifi and my connection might not the most stable, but how come this issue has suddenlly arisen after almost a thousands hours without changing my router?

The only game? I think so. The online part of the engine is retarded beyond comprehension. For example, I once had a ~0.5 second lag spike in packets (I checked GlassWire afterwards, hence I know how long it lasted). Even though the connection was stable and fast after those 0.5 seconds, COH2 ping increased to 5 seconds for the next 5 minutes. After those 5 minutes, the game froze and I had normal ping once again (<0.5s).
Heck, a couple of times, before changing my router (it was going bad, buggy and unstable, ISP changed it), COH2 would disconnect randomly ingame. The router would stop broadcasting for a second or two before establishing connection again. COH2 didn't care, it just disconnected.

Another thing. "My steam library has...." means sh*t. You are not playing those games, you are playing COH2. Don't assume that because another thing is working fine, that COH2 has to.

That's why it's called TROUBLEshooting. If you can finish a skirmish game, you know that it's not system nor COH2 files. So no matter what you think or how expensive your router/network card is, they could be the culprits.

Finally, you asked for help here, and when somebody proposes something you say "Well DUUUH, my steam library has so many games...." Good for you that you can play so much. Now either troubleshoot on your own, or listen up.

"but how come this issue has suddenlly arisen after almost a thousands hours"

Same as how my COH2 wouldn't start after 400 hours for no good reason. No update, absolutely nothing changed, yet COH2 decided to crash on startup no matter the settings/startup options/reinstalls/clean installs/verifications. It just stopped working. Then a couple of days later, after it has been uninstalled for about 4 days. I install it again, and it worked.
23 May 2022, 20:50 PM

I just asked a question if this is exlusive to company, because I play hundreds of different games hence I mentioned my steam library. It's not a brag. So I don't know why you feel "attacked" and act like a snowflake.

I can finish a skirmish game and I have already said that this issue occurs in multiplayer.

And thanks for offering help, but I never said "yeah well DUHHH" or mentioned anything about my router/network card prices I just expressed that I find it odd that these issues happen considering the circumstances and that if its a just a connection stability issue how come other games don't disconnect? Much older games like: command and conquer tiberium wars or supreme commander forged alliance that also don't have reconnect features. yet don't boot me from the game.

Maybe it could be a router setting that changed or something with outbound/inbound rules.

But thats why I asked, so I could get recommendations on troubleshooting.

23 May 2022, 22:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2022, 20:50 PMArcmek
I just asked a question if this is exlusive to company, because I play hundreds of different games hence I mentioned my steam library. It's not a brag. So I don't know why you feel "attacked" and act like a snowflake.

I can finish a skirmish game and I have already said that this issue occurs in multiplayer.

And thanks for offering help, but I never said "yeah well DUHHH" or mentioned anything about my router/network card prices I just expressed that I find it odd that these issues happen considering the circumstances and that if its a just a connection stability issue how come other games don't disconnect? Much older games like: command and conquer tiberium wars or supreme commander forged alliance that also don't have reconnect features. yet don't boot me from the game.

Maybe it could be a router setting that changed or something with outbound/inbound rules.

But thats why I asked, so I could get recommendations on troubleshooting.

Nobody is attacked, just that if you ask a question and then doubt the validity... sure. C&C network part of the engine was probably not written by a dev team in a rush.

If you can play a full skirmish game then you can rule out pretty much everything except the:
1) Router (settings; could be)
2) Modem (unless you have a router/modem combo like me; highly unlikely)
3) Network card (extremely unlikely)
4) Windows settings (eh, unlikely)
5) COH2 settings (likely)

First I would check the router settings: Default Gateway is usually 192.168.0.1 (you write it where you would usually write "https://www.google.com";, in the address bar). You can check the address in the command prompt (cmd.exe) with ipconfig.
You can google your password. It's either written somewhere on the router, or in the manual, or on the contract with the ISP. Most likely it's something like Username: user or admin or Admin or Administrator..... you get the jist... and the password is: password or admin or Admin....
You can google for your router. Most routers have default username/password.
Check the settings there. Now I don't know how your router looks like or what it is or what it supports, but you can google 99% of the settings and their meaning. See if anything stands out and add COH2 to the list of exceptions and open the TCP ports: https://support.sega.com/hc/en-us/articles/201555252-Network-Connection-Troubleshooting-

Modem: Can't really check
Network card: Update drivers
Windows settings: Way too big of a topic. Impossible to cover everything and would take me hours of typing. Normally windows autocorrects itself sooner or later if the settings get screwed up. The "Holy Grail" of repairing windows files is into administrator cmd.exe:
1) dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
After you click enter and the process completes:
2) sfc /scannow

COH2 settings: Delete the \Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2 folder multiple times if needed.

My opinion: Either firewall or router or antivirus for some reason started blocking COH2, or one of it's files. Only God knows.

You could also check the Event viewer for any warnings/errors. When you get kicked out (Try playing automatch vs AI to not lose ranks or just a custom game), open the Event viewer and see if "Application" or "System" have recorded any event of blocking anything.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment