Login

russian armor

What was, bar none, THE most busted unit in CoH2 history?

PAGES (8)down
20 May 2022, 20:55 PM

I always thought that design was pretty cool (the whole choosing to prioritize muni or fuel thing). Sucks they didn't balance it for 4v4 though. Oh well.

It was not exactly like that but it sure as fuck was cool, because it made you feel like a genuine soldier general struggling to survive in a losing war (which was the original historical background of the faction).
20 May 2022, 22:27 PM

It was not exactly like that but it sure as fuck was cool, because it made you feel like a genuine soldier general struggling to survive in a losing war (which was the original historical background of the faction).

struggling to survive the war (forcing your wehr ally to make 3 muni caches and then wait patiently for 15 minutes to win the game)
21 May 2022, 13:17 PM

Back when there was no limit on heavy tanks and okw could gets 2 king tigers
Sapper's mine on release could immobilize tanks for no reason
21 May 2022, 22:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2022, 13:17 PMteckins
Sapper's mine on release could immobilize tanks for no reason

Well that one makes sense at least. Sappers had no snares back then.
25 May 2022, 04:36 AM

Jaegers are kinda busted till today. Can't figure why a 70% kill chance at a wounded model is thought as OK. Just now played a game where I had to retreat my garrisoned american MG because it was bleeding models like mad.
25 May 2022, 09:05 AM

Jaegers are kinda busted till today. Can't figure why a 70% kill chance at a wounded model is thought as OK. Just now played a game where I had to retreat my garrisoned american MG because it was bleeding models like mad.

Its like 60% but yeah, OKW doesn't have snipers so instead they have JLI, which are arguably even better than a sniper, but that's an unrelated story
15 Jun 2022, 05:38 AM
Donator 11

i bought this game sometime back in october of 2014.

back then, you used to randomly get intel bulletins or commanders as rewards every few games or so like you do now, but you didnt get supply coins. so you had to entirely hope you got the bulletins you wanted by sheer chance. the thing is, you could have duplicates. meaning you could sport 3 bulletins of the same thing. like 3x 5% panther armor. the MOST broken triple bulletin was the american riflemen 10% veterency bonus. if you could somehow be lucky enough to get 3x 10% rifle vet bulletins you were giga-broken.

also it was mentioned that the tiger ace was free i think at like 18 CP, but it was triple star vet. so yeah, it was broken.

the most broken commander i can think of was (i cant think of the name off hand) a wehrmacht commander that had a skill you could apply veterency from 0 CP immediately from the start of the game for munitions. it was a set amount of XP for a cooldown. if you used it on a gren it would be 2 star right off the bat. you could use it once every 5 minutes or less, something like that. very broken.

there used to be no cap on the number of heavy tanks you could get. i remember games where i had 3 tiger tanks on the field.

there used to be cold weather maps. still to this day when you are upgrading the sturmp shreks it says its a cold weather package. on the cold weather maps blizzards came along and basically rekt the entire game for several minutes. you had to immediately run your troops near a fire or build one with engineers or they would die in like a minute. people hated it. it stopped games in their tracks, it was cool for a bout 2 games, then was annoying.

there was a bug in one patch once, where you could infinitely reinforce rear echelon squads. people were running around with 20+ men in one squad. in fact i made a video of a game i played of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQzr_wNk54E&list=PL_V8I5DMzzzYO2QvefBQQhpA5ztNOtOV6&index=34
15 Jun 2022, 18:02 PM

there was a bug in one patch once, where you could infinitely reinforce rear echelon squads. people were running around with 20+ men in one squad. in fact i made a video of a game i played of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQzr_wNk54E&list=PL_V8I5DMzzzYO2QvefBQQhpA5ztNOtOV6&index=34

Lmao. Here I was thinking that a squad of rear echelons might actually become useful after it has 10 men but it was still trash.
17 Jun 2022, 15:36 PM

i bought this game sometime back in october of 2014.

back then, you used to randomly get intel bulletins or commanders as rewards every few games or so like you do now, but you didnt get supply coins. so you had to entirely hope you got the bulletins you wanted by sheer chance. the thing is, you could have duplicates. meaning you could sport 3 bulletins of the same thing. like 3x 5% panther armor. the MOST broken triple bulletin was the american riflemen 10% veterency bonus. if you could somehow be lucky enough to get 3x 10% rifle vet bulletins you were giga-broken.

also it was mentioned that the tiger ace was free i think at like 18 CP, but it was triple star vet. so yeah, it was broken.

the most broken commander i can think of was (i cant think of the name off hand) a wehrmacht commander that had a skill you could apply veterency from 0 CP immediately from the start of the game for munitions. it was a set amount of XP for a cooldown. if you used it on a gren it would be 2 star right off the bat. you could use it once every 5 minutes or less, something like that. very broken.

there used to be no cap on the number of heavy tanks you could get. i remember games where i had 3 tiger tanks on the field.

there used to be cold weather maps. still to this day when you are upgrading the sturmp shreks it says its a cold weather package. on the cold weather maps blizzards came along and basically rekt the entire game for several minutes. you had to immediately run your troops near a fire or build one with engineers or they would die in like a minute. people hated it. it stopped games in their tracks, it was cool for a bout 2 games, then was annoying.

Tiger Ace used to be a cool, movie-like unit. An elite unit capable of turning the tide or close off a sure victory. Kind of like Konigistiger is now. I liked it back then. 3 veterancy was also awesome.
19 Jun 2022, 06:21 AM

There were many super busted things, especially when something new was released. I can remember when snares would always give an engine crit regardless of the target's health (so you could never really push with tanks lol). Then they introduced these broken commanders, elite (which gave you the ability to make your Gren squad or mortar squad vet 3 with one click, or just boost your Pwerfer straight into vet 2 without having shot once; ah yes, and the Tiger Ace of course hehe). You also had Soviet Windustry, where your T70 would come at such a ridiculous timing (4 mins iirc), if you didn't get it with a lucky teller, the game was over lol.

As for the most busted unit in the history of CoH2? Well, that is debatable I guess. The old ISU that didn't need to switch ammunition and had self-spotting was probably the most busted thing we ever saw. Honorable mentions would be the old JT that would shoot through buildings (the only real counter to the ISU lol), basically everything when OKW or Brits came out (Volk schreck blobs, Obers with insta-lmg, Sections that were just as good without cover but unbeatable with cover, unkillable Churchills, unbeatable Comets, etc.). Sturmtiger in the last patch was also insanely busted and right now, it's probably the KT with spearhead and tank commander.
19 Jun 2022, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2022, 06:21 AMGarrett
There were many super busted things, especially when something new was released. I can remember when snares would always give an engine crit regardless of the target's health (so you could never really push with tanks lol). Then they introduced these broken commanders, elite (which gave you the ability to make your Gren squad or mortar squad vet 3 with one click, or just boost your Pwerfer straight into vet 2 without having shot once; ah yes, and the Tiger Ace of course hehe). You also had Soviet Windustry, where your T70 would come at such a ridiculous timing (4 mins iirc), if you didn't get it with a lucky teller, the game was over lol.

As for the most busted unit in the history of CoH2? Well, that is debatable I guess. The old ISU that didn't need to switch ammunition and had self-spotting was probably the most busted thing we ever saw. Honorable mentions would be the old JT that would shoot through buildings (the only real counter to the ISU lol), basically everything when OKW or Brits came out (Volk schreck blobs, Obers with insta-lmg, Sections that were just as good without cover but unbeatable with cover, unkillable Churchills, unbeatable Comets, etc.). Sturmtiger in the last patch was also insanely busted and right now, it's probably the KT with spearhead and tank commander.

JT and Breakthrough-doctrine is still arguably busted to this very day.
19 Jun 2022, 14:18 PM

Can't figure why a 70% kill chance at a wounded model is thought as OK. .

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2022, 09:05 AMKatukov

Its like 60% but yeah

That's not how the JLI G43 sniper rifle works. The enemy soldier needs to drop to <=75% hitpoints, then the G43 rifle will instantly kill the soldier if it hits, and instead it would deal 16dmg like the K98 rifles of the squad if the enemy soldier is above that 75% HP threshold. The threshold must be reached before the marksman fires the bullet ofc, not after.

75% of 80hp (=healthpool of every model in coh2 except snipers who are at 82) is 60, so usually 2 bullets need to connect first
20 Jun 2022, 03:17 AM

That's not how the JLI G43 sniper rifle works. The enemy soldier needs to drop to <=75% hitpoints, then the G43 rifle will instantly kill the soldier if it hits, and instead it would deal 16dmg like the K98 rifles of the squad if the enemy soldier is above that 75% HP threshold. The threshold must be reached before the marksman fires the bullet ofc, not after.

75% of 80hp (=healthpool of every model in coh2 except snipers who are at 82) is 60, so usually 2 bullets need to connect first

maybe, but that doesn't make JLI any less bullshit
20 Jun 2022, 09:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2022, 06:21 AMGarrett

• You still cannot use mediums to push through lines since every meta right now seems to be spam ATGs and also the design choice to make mediums three shot die from a 340mp gun was arguable at best. At any rate, medium tanks in this version of coh2 I think are shit.
  • Sturmtiger was never never never as op as people here claim to be. Sure it could wipe from fow, but let's be honest it was a one shot very expensive shitcan. It's just that 95% of people here blob their way to victory and since ST was a natural antiblobbing tool they cope.
20 Jun 2022, 09:14 AM

JT and Breakthrough-doctrine is still arguably busted based to this very day.

fixed
20 Jun 2022, 18:32 PM

...the design choice to make mediums three shot die from a 340mp gun was arguable at best. At any rate, medium tanks in this version of coh2 I think are shit...

Ackshually it's four shots. Unless you're counting two snares. This still translates to two volleys from the double ATguns in a meta army compisition, of course.

EDIT: If I'm dumb and you're actually referring to the Pak43, that will kill mediums in two shots, not three. Idk if the 17lber does the same damage.
20 Jun 2022, 20:02 PM

Ackshually it's four shots. Unless you're counting two snares. This still translates to two volleys from the double ATguns in a meta army compisition, of course.

EDIT: If I'm dumb and you're actually referring to the Pak43, that will kill mediums in two shots, not three. Idk if the 17lber does the same damage.

1 crit from snare, 2 atgs and your sweet p4j is toasted
20 Jun 2022, 23:30 PM

• Sturmtiger was never never never as op as people here claim to be. Sure it could wipe from fow, but let's be honest it was a one shot very expensive shitcan. It's just that 95% of people here blob their way to victory and since ST was a natural antiblobbing tool they cope.

sturmtiger at 45 range not being overpowered as fuck?

we know you have an OKW player small brain but even a fucking imbecile should realize that being able to nuke most squads in the game out of their sight range was extremely unfun and unfair to play against

not like you would know since you probably never were on the receiving end of it
21 Jun 2022, 02:12 AM

The fact that you think it was only good against blobs shows you're completely unqualified to even make that statement. Having guaranteed wipes on individual vetted squads was super strong. Your opponent didn't need to blob for it to be effective with 45 range

That's like saying demo charges were nerfed because they were too good against blobs. Or precision shot on soviet artillery. Being able to reliably delete single units in a game that is built on unit preservation doesn't make sense

I'm glad that you at least stopped trying to pretend they never nerfed it the first place. I see your finally making progress
21 Jun 2022, 03:14 AM

1 crit from snare, 2 atgs and your sweet p4j is toasted

The snare isn't doing anything there. The tank's still going to die in two volleys whether it gets hit by a snare or not. Besides slowdown, of course.

EDIT: Assuming they all pen of course.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight