Login

russian armor

What was, bar none, THE most busted unit in CoH2 history?

PAGES (8)down
13 May 2022, 15:58 PM

Thought of another thing:

Damage used to stack with demo charges and mines.

Oh SNAP. This totally reminded me of OG demo charges that were cloaked. You had to constantly sweep and pay attention to parts of capping circles that your squads would go to if you queued up capping on the mini-map because it was a guaranteed wipe. Also, less OP but more stupid annoying was original soviet mines that didn't have a model kill limit - so if your squad clumped in the wrong way 1 mine could kill your whole squad.

Honorable mention to Volk Shrek blobs at OKW release. Volks then were pretty weak but critical mass of shreks made allied armor play tedious AF. Shreks also had a decent chance of hitting and killing infantry models then - so you would see stupid shit like 1 shrek killing a whole squad because they were clumped in a doorway.
13 May 2022, 20:02 PM

I think maybe Tightrope made a video on it. Not 100% sure. Either way, I've been including it in my 4v4 loadout along with the bulletin that makes it build 50% faster. The only actually impactful bulletin in the game lmao.

you can reach 60% construction speed with two separate bulletins

and one of those is the zis-3/pak-40/pak-43 production bulletin, so the enemy doesn't even expect you making one until it sees it being built or in action
13 May 2022, 20:15 PM

Oh SNAP. This totally reminded me of OG demo charges that were cloaked. You had to constantly sweep and pay attention to parts of capping circles that your squads would go to if you queued up capping on the mini-map because it was a guaranteed wipe. Also, less OP but more stupid annoying was original soviet mines that didn't have a model kill limit - so if your squad clumped in the wrong way 1 mine could kill your whole squad.

I think the mines were worse than the demo charges, remember they didn't want to nerf it to much at first so you had to maintain vision to discharge it which is why people started mining on it/next to it. However, mining retreat paths with 2/3 mines would usually net you 2/3 wipes without any chance to evade or avoid. It was always worse for OST since people would retreat after losing 1 model due to the PTSD.
13 May 2022, 20:30 PM

I think the mines were worse than the demo charges, remember they didn't want to nerf it to much at first so you had to maintain vision to discharge it which is why people started mining on it/next to it. However, mining retreat paths with 2/3 mines would usually net you 2/3 wipes without any chance to evade or avoid. It was always worse for OST since people would retreat after losing 1 model due to the PTSD.

how do you even let people mine your retreat paths in your backline?

cant you still do this but instead playing wehr, planting s mines in the enemy retreat path and massacre retreating infantry?
13 May 2022, 20:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2022, 20:30 PMKatukov

how do you even let people mine your retreat paths in your backline?

cant you still do this but instead playing wehr, planting s mines in the enemy retreat path and massacre retreating infantry?

S-mines suck but you can see the sign post in the fog of war, so if you playing 2s or 3s you only really worried about one section of the map. They also kept playing with the build time because it seesawed between too fast and taking way too long to put down.

With regular mines it was luck if you got a mass retreat throwing some mines down next to corners instead of middle of the road would allow you to get a wipe since squads always clump up to turn the god damn corner. Personally I hope they address this with COH3 since it is really bad on 6 man squads.
14 May 2022, 09:17 AM

I think maybe Tightrope made a video on it. Not 100% sure. Either way, I've been including it in my 4v4 loadout along with the bulletin that makes it build 50% faster. The only actually impactful bulletin in the game lmao.

Best thing about the Pak43 is you can smash superfluous new assholes into enemy tanks then willfully deconstruct it for a return of 150mp and 15 fuel, effectively a 200mp and 30 fuel counter to all tanks.

EDIT: oh and with 2 engineers and that bulletin, you can build it in about 20 seconds or so. Good for suprise attacks.

EDIT 2: to begin deconstruction it needs to be out of combat for like 15 seconds or something, but once you begin it can't be stopped unless the gun is decrewed.

Gotta love the bulletin that lets you build Pak40s AND Pak43s 50% faster lol.

In team games I have had some insane luck with Pz4s and Pak43s.

Although if I'm honest it does feel like Joint operations and Fortifications doctrines almost have too much utility. Gets boring seeing 1 or 2 of them at least every game.
14 May 2022, 17:01 PM

Assault engineers used to have no cooldown and depending on the map would overrun everything. I think the biggest issue was it made OST MG useless so they had to slow it down and gave the same nerf to everyone else.
14 May 2022, 17:28 PM

That's plain bullshit and placebo. Grens were NEVER that strong (even today, notwithstanding alliedcucks coping) and most importantly they could never melt anything without LMG42.

Stop larping

Well, i guess you dont know what patch i am talking about then.

They got nerfed pretty fast, since cons didnt stand a chance under any circumstances
16 May 2022, 12:05 PM

S-mines suck

whos going to tell him:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:
16 May 2022, 15:21 PM

whos going to tell him:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

You should read the post I was responding to and quote me completely so you don't confuse yourself when you are posting something. I am saying that dealing with S-mines on a retreat path suck but at least you can see them through the fog of war. Therefore before you attack an area you can attempt to sweep ahead of time. Now that I clarified that for you, what is it that you want to tell me?
18 May 2022, 10:42 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Free Tiger Ace in 2013 and 4 minute T34 from Soviet Windustry doc. :hansGASM:

Brits at release where every unit was OP or bugged (24 dmg tommy rifles, infinite range vickers bug, 1600HP churchills, bugged centaur that wiped a squad inside a garrison within 1 second so it had to be banned in tournaments, british emplacements with double the HP they have now and brace that had no cooldown + global self repairs) :hansGASM:
You forgot to mention the USF Tanks reload bug that came as replacement for the vickers bug. :)
18 May 2022, 22:59 PM

That's plain bullshit and placebo. Grens were NEVER that strong (even today, notwithstanding alliedcucks coping) and most importantly they could never melt anything without LMG42.

Stop larping

Not true, rifle grenade used to shoot from outside of MG Range and would one shot Maxim Squads. Then when Grenadiers got Veterancy it was like a full screen away that they could launch the Rifle Grenades.
18 May 2022, 23:42 PM

Not true, rifle grenade used to shoot from outside of MG Range and would one shot Maxim Squads. Then when Grenadiers got Veterancy it was like a full screen away that they could launch the Rifle Grenades.

now you need to screen the rifle grenade (or a bundle grenade) with a mere pioneer sacrifice
19 May 2022, 01:09 AM

Ah, You can check out any building just by clicking. when it turn red then there is a squad insisde.
that feature ruined garrision play.
19 May 2022, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2022, 01:09 AMtheekvn
Ah, You can check out any building just by clicking. when it turn red then there is a squad insisde.
that feature ruined garrision play.

After that was fixed, you could still tell because windows would be broken from enemy squads entering the building (even in the fog of war), I believe. Unless they were patched at the same time.
19 May 2022, 17:37 PM

After that was fixed, you could still tell because windows would be broken from enemy squads entering the building (even in the fog of war), I believe. Unless they were patched at the same time.

Nope, still there just like you can tell where a vehicle is early game when fences and shit break in the FOW. Really helpful when you go for sniper.
19 May 2022, 22:36 PM

Nope, still there just like you can tell where a vehicle is early game when fences and shit break in the FOW. Really helpful when you go for sniper.

however screening for that is imo valid couinterplay and ok, as it takes time effort and experience
20 May 2022, 00:01 AM

I remember .50 Cal being horribly UP that patch as well. Was so sad to play USF in those "smoke and flank" patch(s). You either got shut down by Konig Kubel suppressing everything or Vet 2 Grens would launch cruise missile rifle nades from across the screen and wreck you.
20 May 2022, 11:24 AM

There was a time when OKW scavenger doctrines call in arty didn't had a cap on how many shells were fired. you only needed 500 ammo to delete your opponent's base and win the game. Back then the okw could also convert fuel into ammo giving you an ammo income of 60-80
20 May 2022, 20:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2022, 11:24 AMZyllen
There was a time when OKW scavenger doctrines call in arty didn't had a cap on how many shells were fired. you only needed 500 ammo to delete your opponent's base and win the game. Back then the okw could also convert fuel into ammo giving you an ammo income of 60-80

I always thought that design was pretty cool (the whole choosing to prioritize muni or fuel thing). Sucks they didn't balance it for 4v4 though. Oh well.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS