Login

russian armor

What was, bar none, THE most busted unit in CoH2 history?

PAGES (8)down
12 May 2022, 17:47 PM

The passive suppression was absolutely nuts before even mentioning their absolute raw power.
12 May 2022, 20:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2022, 14:50 PMGrim

I've seen a massive increase in the number of people using the Pak43 recently. Did a streamer make a video on it or something?

For 350mp and 45 fuel (I think) the pak43 is insane value.

nope, but maybe people realized that the pak is a rather great team mode tier weapon
13 May 2022, 00:45 AM

I can't find the original German one but here is the Soviet one.

The German one was arguably even more trash, lol. The soviet doc actually was able to be very useful in builds where you didn't go t2. Anyway the original German one was like this:

- 2cp trenches
- 2cp tank traps
- 5cp hulldown
- 8cp PaK43
- 12cp sector artillery
13 May 2022, 01:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2022, 00:50 AMKatukov

haha they would never again repeat such blunder in the future, right? ("we have new units", "our forces increase")

I just remembered, back then in 2013/14 Osttruppen had an extremely funny design.

120 manpower to produce, 10mp to reinforce, 0.5 (de-)capture rate so they took the map at a snails pace... and their rifles were meme pea-shooters even behind cover :rofl: You could do crazy troll strats by getting 10 squads of them before 5 minutes have passed
13 May 2022, 03:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2022, 13:06 PMKatukov

4- so you're saying that this still isn't the case?

5- jaeger armor removing the spotting scope on the elefant is a placebo nerf - it doesn't do anything because you can do the exact same strategy with another vehicle sitting next to the elefant. You might as well not suicide that 222 and instead use it to spot half the map for your elefant

6- this...is still in the game, don't you know? any pak-43 in both factions can shoot through smoke and walls

4. It was much, much worse.

The May 2018 update did this:
• Barrage reload increased from 0 to 1.25
• Auto-attack reload increased from 4 to 6
• Veterancy 2 auto-attack scatter bonus removed
• Veterancy 3 range bonus replaced by 20% increase to barrage accuracy; applies to all barrages except smoke
• Smoke barrage ranged changed to 85

And an even earlier patch nerfed the reload by a lot:
Reload increased from 2.4 to 4

Basically, it fired 2.5x faster, gained accuracy at vet 2 and range at vet 3, while gaining more accuracy from bulletins. It was quite the thing. Other names for it included "OST Turbo Mortar".

5. Yes, the nerf though was making the Command Tank auras no longer affect teammates.
The April 2017 update did this:
+sight/+range parts of vehicle-affecting aura no longer affect teammates
Vet 5 infantry-affecting aura no longer affects teammates

Before you could have OKW and OST auras affecting a scoped-elefant, which was ridiculous.

6. Yes, I crossed it out because I was mistaken. Not sure what I was thinking of.
13 May 2022, 05:01 AM

From a 1v1 perspective I still say the MG42. Complete bullshit to have to play against the game's best MG that's also about the cheapest at T0. If you manage to capture on as Allies early enough It's gg.
13 May 2022, 05:06 AM

There was an episode when if you come across a map of Pripyat, then this is an auto-win for the Wehrmacht, and although I madly love Pripyat and Summer Rzhev, but the Elephant in the center of the map just made the game meaningless, the only thing that could oppose the Elephant is ML-20. But the commander with the elephant had (still has?) reconnaissance and Stukа bombing.
13 May 2022, 05:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2022, 15:06 PMVipper
USF mortar on release was broken
Penal battalion with ourah/flamers/new SVT where broken
Stug with 0.5 accuracy was broken

The USF mortar was ridiculously broken, but the rumored story behind how that shit got in the game makes it even more infuriating.

Idk if these are the most busted but I clearly remember them being abhorrent to play against.

1. Konigskubel invalidating USF Riflemen
2. Brits Emplacement spam + Nontargetable no micro required base counter-artillery
3. Brits Centaur AA tank deleting any infantry in a nanosecond
4. Brits Land mattress
5. Brits
13 May 2022, 09:03 AM

Honorable mention: Rambo Grenadiers before ukf and usf were released.

Very high dps even on the move, would melt any infantry even without lmg42.

13 May 2022, 10:02 AM

Thought of another thing:

Damage used to stack with demo charges and mines. You used to be able to put both a mine and demo charge together, usually as soviet, to make a big boom that killed most tanks. The explosion from the mine would trigger the demo charge and both would do damage to the tank. I think its fixed now where only the mine would do damage and demo charge wouldn't. Back in the day, you could lose your Pz4 to some random mine + demo charge if you weren't careful.

It wasn't busted or broken, just annoying but really funny and satisfying when it actually worked.
13 May 2022, 10:41 AM
Donator 11

On the coh2 release there was a MG42 bulleting that gave it insta supression.
Had my 2v2 +42 Streak from this :bananadance:
13 May 2022, 12:33 PM

Thought of another thing:

Damage used to stack with demo charges and mines. You used to be able to put both a mine and demo charge together, usually as soviet, to make a big boom that killed most tanks. The explosion from the mine would trigger the demo charge and both would do damage to the tank. I think its fixed now where only the mine would do damage and demo charge wouldn't. Back in the day, you could lose your Pz4 to some random mine + demo charge if you weren't careful.

It wasn't busted or broken, just annoying but really funny and satisfying when it actually worked.

no, this is very much still a feature (where you NUKE tanks with a demo charge + either mine or flare tripwire)

even if it doesnt stack, the demo charge does insane damage on its own

additionally, a VERY useful trick - plant demo charges with mines on far away points, so infantry walk over them and die
13 May 2022, 12:37 PM

At one point I think that the straff from the USF calli doc was one shoting infantry and team weapons, if u didnt react fast enough it was an insta wipe, pretty anoying.
13 May 2022, 13:15 PM

4. It was much, much worse.

The May 2018 update did this:

And an even earlier patch nerfed the reload by a lot:

Basically, it fired 2.5x faster, gained accuracy at vet 2 and range at vet 3, while gaining more accuracy from bulletins. It was quite the thing. Other names for it included "OST Turbo Mortar".

5. Yes, the nerf though was making the Command Tank auras no longer affect teammates.
The April 2017 update did this:

Before you could have OKW and OST auras affecting a scoped-elefant, which was ridiculous.

6. Yes, I crossed it out because I was mistaken. Not sure what I was thinking of.

The mortar hell patches were so annoying. Back then their AoE damage was also big enough that they could oneshot wipe a fullhealth squad
13 May 2022, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2022, 14:50 PMGrim

I've seen a massive increase in the number of people using the Pak43 recently. Did a streamer make a video on it or something?

For 350mp and 45 fuel (I think) the pak43 is insane value.

I think maybe Tightrope made a video on it. Not 100% sure. Either way, I've been including it in my 4v4 loadout along with the bulletin that makes it build 50% faster. The only actually impactful bulletin in the game lmao.

Best thing about the Pak43 is you can smash superfluous new assholes into enemy tanks then willfully deconstruct it for a return of 150mp and 15 fuel, effectively a 200mp and 30 fuel counter to all tanks.

EDIT: oh and with 2 engineers and that bulletin, you can build it in about 20 seconds or so. Good for suprise attacks.

EDIT 2: to begin deconstruction it needs to be out of combat for like 15 seconds or something, but once you begin it can't be stopped unless the gun is decrewed.
13 May 2022, 14:36 PM

Honorable mention: Rambo Grenadiers before ukf and usf were released.

Very high dps even on the move, would melt any infantry even without lmg42.

That's plain bullshit and placebo. Grens were NEVER that strong (even today, notwithstanding alliedcucks coping) and most importantly they could never melt anything without LMG42.

Stop larping
13 May 2022, 14:44 PM

The mortar hell patches were so annoying. Back then their AoE damage was also big enough that they could oneshot wipe a fullhealth squad

Yeah... it was pretty bad.
13 May 2022, 15:24 PM

On the coh2 release there was a MG42 bulleting that gave it insta supression.
Had my 2v2 +42 Streak from this :bananadance:

I think I remember seeing this mentioned on an old thread about bulletin stacking. I like to dumpster dive old threads sometimes.
13 May 2022, 15:25 PM

I think maybe Tightrope made a video on it. Not 100% sure. Either way, I've been including it in my 4v4 loadout along with the bulletin that makes it build 50% faster. The only actually impactful bulletin in the game lmao.

Best thing about the Pak43 is you can smash superfluous new assholes into enemy tanks then willfully deconstruct it for a return of 150mp and 15 fuel, effectively a 200mp and 30 fuel counter to all tanks.

EDIT: oh and with 2 engineers and that bulletin, you can build it in about 20 seconds or so. Good for suprise attacks.

EDIT 2: to begin deconstruction it needs to be out of combat for like 15 seconds or something, but once you begin it can't be stopped unless the gun is decrewed.

I agree with you and I also use it, even though the commanders to which it is attached both on OKW and OST are mediocre at best.

I agree with the overall sentiment however and that's because I came to the conclusion long ago that medium tank rushes are so out of fucking date it's almost ridiculous to bring one. By the point even the fastest timing medium tank rolls (T34/76) the enemy should have atleast 2 snare-capable squads plus an ATG which believe it or not effectively make it unplayable and ineffective.

I would much rather turtle with ATG and MGs and hold on to more potent machines than this shit. Especially as OKW, where you can fight for 25mins and then bring the best tank ever (Konigs). If that's the situation I face then sure, I will bring a PAK43 along with some trenches and flaks.
13 May 2022, 15:35 PM

I agree with you and I also use it, even though the commanders to which it is attached both on OKW and OST are mediocre at best.

I agree with the overall sentiment however and that's because I came to the conclusion long ago that medium tank rushes are so out of fucking date it's almost ridiculous to bring one. By the point even the fastest timing medium tank rolls (T34/76) the enemy should have atleast 2 snare-capable squads plus an ATG which believe it or not effectively make it unplayable and ineffective.

I would much rather turtle with ATG and MGs and hold on to more potent machines than this shit. Especially as OKW, where you can fight for 25mins and then bring the best tank ever (Konigs). If that's the situation I face then sure, I will bring a PAK43 along with some trenches and flaks.

It's definitely not ideal, but it's just one intel bulletin slot and you've got a very helpful AT gun. My micro and APM is shit so having one big gun as opposed to two squishy guns is easier and makes more sense to my silky smooth brain.

Generally I only use it when there's a lot of slow, high HP tanks on the field and it's an urban map. Gives a free prostate exam to churchills, KV-1s and IS-2's, etc.

PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS