Login

russian armor

What was, bar none, THE most busted unit in CoH2 history?

PAGES (8)down
11 May 2022, 14:43 PM

UKF can run wild until 8cp comes and axis have access to Lefh. Then the ukf player has no hopes of success.

except 2 mortars beat a mortar pit and 2 Leig 18s absolutely destroy a mortar pit

and then you got two indirects against a faction that has to sit in cover, go figure
11 May 2022, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2022, 14:43 PMKatukov

except 2 mortars beat a mortar pit and 2 Leig 18s absolutely destroy a mortar pit

and then you got two indirects against a faction that has to sit in cover, go figure

Any decent player having 2 mortars is suicide. You probably underplayed your part in order to let him have 2 mortars unhindered.
11 May 2022, 15:01 PM

Any decent player having 2 mortars is suicide. You probably underplayed your part in order to let him have 2 mortars unhindered.

have you EVER played team mode?
11 May 2022, 15:03 PM

Oh yeah, talking about mortars brought me to another memory from the early game. MG-42 spam that was in the houses, neither two nor three mortars nor a 120-mm mortar caused damage to these houses.
11 May 2022, 15:06 PM

USF mortar on release was broken
Penal battalion with ourah/flamers/new SVT where broken
Stug with 0.5 accuracy was broken
11 May 2022, 15:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2022, 15:01 PMKatukov

have you EVER played team mode?

i only play 2v2 good freind
11 May 2022, 15:10 PM

Double mortars is absolutely viable with OST in most teamgames. You won't find much happiness going double mortar in 1v1, but 2v2+, it can be terrific. Especially with the map designs where one MG42/34 can cover wide swaths of land.
11 May 2022, 15:13 PM

Double mortars is absolutely viable with OST in most teamgames. You won't find much happiness going double mortar in 1v1, but 2v2+, it can be terrific. Especially with the map designs where one MG42/34 can cover wide swaths of land.

ok let me try it real quick
11 May 2022, 15:28 PM

Oh yeah, talking about mortars brought me to another memory from the early game. MG-42 spam that was in the houses, neither two nor three mortars nor a 120-mm mortar caused damage to these houses.

Beautiful
11 May 2022, 17:10 PM

OKW base flak emplacements that acted as AA.

In combination with the old allied fuel drop which arrived over the enemy base lol.

But most busted was Volksshreks or original TA imo

edit: also back in the day of volkshrek blobs we still had blizzards and guess which unit gained frost resistance with their shrek upgrade....which could be upgraded in enemy territory too lol
11 May 2022, 17:27 PM

Precision shot B4 was one of the craziest for me. It was it's old vet 1 ability, fired a single shot with perfect accuracy

Basically, if you knew where a tank was repairing, that tank was now dead. Almost impossible to dodge unless you heard the b4 firing and were able to guess what the target was
11 May 2022, 17:41 PM

That time they overbuffed AEC right before a tournament by increasing it's AOE by like 4-5X. Basically turned it into Brit T-70 with much better timing and AT. Remember watching casts of Paula just cheesing with 3 AECs because they were so broken.

That time they added suppression to Pak Howie and ISG and every team game was just your infantry constantly getting tagged by indirect suppression.

That time they (accidentally?) buffed/broke Tank Hunter Consctipts and turned them into Dank Hunters which broke team weapons automatically and had decent to good AI on top of it.
11 May 2022, 17:54 PM

That time they overbuffed AEC right before a tournament by increasing it's AOE by like 4-5X. Basically turned it into Brit T-70 with much better timing and AT. Remember watching casts of Paula just cheesing with 3 AECs because they were so broken.

That time they added suppression to Pak Howie and ISG and every team game was just your infantry constantly getting tagged by indirect suppression.

That time they (accidentally?) buffed/broke Tank Hunter Consctipts and turned them into Dank Hunters which broke team weapons automatically and had decent to good AI on top of it.

I acutally remember when pak howi was OP. A lot of USF allies said in teamchat "I'm going for fast pak howi, help me".

Literally rushing a pak howi with caches and spamming it next to the ally. It went from OP, to a nice spot to kinda UP right now. Shame
11 May 2022, 18:17 PM

I've only seen terminator cons in my nightmares. And one video.
11 May 2022, 18:33 PM

I thought Tank hunters were released that way, I thought PTRS had got buffed a patch or 2 before to improve their overall AI performance for Guards. Then Tank Hunters came out and multiple high acc PTRS Conscript squads rolling around destroying MG's frontally. Shit was crazy, the MG would literally get destroyed before a model would drop.
11 May 2022, 18:56 PM

I thought Tank hunters were released that way, I thought PTRS had got buffed a patch or 2 before to improve their overall AI performance for Guards. Then Tank Hunters came out and multiple high acc PTRS Conscript squads rolling around destroying MG's frontally. Shit was crazy, the MG would literally get destroyed before a model would drop.

If I remember correctly, weapons are no longer destroyable before decrewed?
11 May 2022, 19:38 PM

If I remember correctly, weapons are no longer destroyable before decrewed?

I think it was specifically changed due to PTRS cons, too lazy too look thru the coh2 change log thread.
11 May 2022, 19:54 PM

Ettelbruck Station used to be a 4v4 map. Don't know if you ever play 4v4 but Ettelbruck is the smallest map in the 3v3/4v4 map pool. Artillery was insanely effective and one side had an advantage over the other.

I made a video back in the day for it and posted it here and some of the changes I suggested made it in! Or at least saw the desk of a map developer.
11 May 2022, 22:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Somewhat surprised it took 9 posts to get to Original Tiger Ace which is without a doubt my Top Pick

And people also hated the fact that you could buy veterancy in that doctrine

++++++++++++++

Also Soviet Forward HQ as originally implemented which was just a "We win" button on certain maps

++++++++++++++

And on the flip side the original defensive commanders which were "community designed" and completely terrible

++++++++++++++

Also that one time PTRS were made good against infantry

12 May 2022, 00:21 AM

And people also hated the fact that you could buy veterancy in that doctrine

++++++++++++++

Being able to buy Veterancy was something they should have kept but made a default part of the faction design and not part of a DLC commander

Unique veterancy for each faction (not just OKW) would have been a nice feature.

They were originally trying to go with that at one point. Soviets used to gain more veterancy from units lost or damage taken (so imagine a T-34 getting hit with an Elephant just to gain 1 star of veterancy)

You would retreat and come back stronger like

"Comrade I have returned with greater power let us resume our battle"
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment