Login

russian armor

What was, bar none, THE most busted unit in CoH2 history?

PAGES (8)down
10 May 2022, 14:13 PM

I started playing sometime in 2018. For the most part I missed out on the most insane stuff.

Now, when I say "busted", you can take it to mean either: "not working properly, glitchy, etc." or you can take it to mean "batshit OP, so poorly balanced it's absurd, etc."

Please refrain from using this thread to springboard topics of current interest. Everyone knows people don't like current pathfinders. No need to repeat it here. Nostalgia thread only.
10 May 2022, 15:09 PM

I started playing sometime in 2018. For the most part I missed out on the most insane stuff.

Now, when I say "busted", you can take it to mean either: "not working properly, glitchy, etc." or you can take it to mean "batshit OP, so poorly balanced it's absurd, etc."

Please refrain from using this thread to springboard topics of current interest. Everyone knows people don't like current pathfinders. No need to repeat it here. Nostalgia thread only.

Old rifle company with VET Rifleman and flamethrowers, they were pretty much better than flame penals since they had a snare.

OKW battlegroupe with JP4, I used to go mechanized to get Flaktrak and side tech to battlegroupe for JP4 which would allow me to have a tank before the enemy did. No need for Schwerer if you went for Falls which were amazing back then as they were infiltration squads.

All heavies were overtuned but ISU152 was the worst, it literally had no counter. It shell was good against both armored and soft targets while having fairly good acc.

Guards kind of sucked at one point to where shocks were dominant. The DP's were upgraded to be as good or better than LMG42, shit was insane.

Sniper in scout car, volks shrek blobs, Pios at one point could beat out most allied mains to start the match so people would spam them. I think it happened when weapon profiles were changed
10 May 2022, 15:38 PM

Oh yes, the start of the game: there was a ton of broken units from the Wehrmacht.
- Panzergrenadiers, they only had an upgrade for one panzerschreck, so they went around and melted everything around - infantry and tanks.
- Panther, it was a beast and not a tank, he had everything - armor, speed, damage against armored vehicles and against infantry. So a bunch of Panthers rolling around like a skating rink on the map. I remember a case when 4 of my ZiS-3s shot at the engine of a departing Panther and only bounce, bounce, bounce, not a single scratch.

But it was fun, there was no limit on heavy tanks. So in the end the game turned into a huge tank battle.
10 May 2022, 16:11 PM

You mean the good times of COH2? Sure.

- Britcucks that could emplace the fuck out of map (since back then they had three times the health they do now).
- Sturmtiger that abandoned if shot during reload animation meaning you could get two of those (good luck vs idiot blobbers haha).

If you go waaaay back to the year I-don't-even-remember we had sniper clown cars (yep they were as op as they sound), flame penals, OKW King Tiger could combat blitz from vet1 meaning that it gained panther-like speed with a single vet, Volks were better, SOV had 2 snipers (albeit this was one of the first major gripes to be fixed I think even before WFA), Ramming took munis but disabled completely the vehicle it caught,

if i come up with more i will come back
10 May 2022, 16:12 PM

The USF minigun tanks glitch
10 May 2022, 17:18 PM

The USF minigun tanks glitch

Please elaborate..
10 May 2022, 17:18 PM

I am pretty sure the IS2 used to have a stun mechnaic where even if it didn't penetrate the shot could cause a stun. Made up for the shitty ROF and with VET made it better than the tiger which was also strong as hell.

Stuka dive bomb could be used in base sector, you could be losing the entire match but one good retreat along with stuka dive bomb to opponent base would at minimum get you back in the game at best get you a rage quit.
10 May 2022, 17:23 PM

I am pretty sure the IS2 used to have a stun mechnaic where even if it didn't penetrate the shot could cause a stun. Made up for the shitty ROF and with VET made it better than the tiger which was also strong as hell.

Stuka dive bomb could be used in base sector, you could be losing the entire match but one good retreat along with stuka dive bomb to opponent base would at minimum get you back in the game at best get you a rage quit.

This was the ISU-152, as far as I remember, the IS-2 did not have such mechanics.
10 May 2022, 17:38 PM

Vanilla Tiger ace being able to beat 3 is2 at the same time

Vanilla B4 with precision Strike
10 May 2022, 17:52 PM

This was the ISU-152, as far as I remember, the IS-2 did not have such mechanics.

Yes, IS2 used to have stun.
10 May 2022, 18:05 PM

Yes, IS2 used to have stun.

It didn't work anyway, the IS-2's main gun was so bad that a 3rd veteran could only dream of. No damage, no veterancy.
10 May 2022, 18:42 PM

10 May 2022, 18:48 PM

no, the IS-2 had no stuns (but the tiger on release had around a 15% chance to stun a tank with a hit, according to what I had read)

also couldn't you use every ability on the base sector back then? And asides from the plethora of OKW dunk abilities that exist, wasn't the salvage one literally capable of one shotting USF's entire base?
10 May 2022, 19:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2022, 18:48 PMKatukov

no, the IS-2 had no stuns (but the tiger on release had around a 15% chance to stun a tank with a hit, according to what I had read)

also couldn't you use every ability on the base sector back then? And asides from the plethora of OKW dunk abilities that exist, wasn't the salvage one literally capable of one shotting USF's entire base?

From the first page of the changelog back in 2013
IS-2:
- Armor from 400 front/200 rear to 375 front/225 rear
- Pop from 14 to 16
- Health from 1280 to 960
- Price from 560mp/210fuel to 680mp/300fuel
- Reload time from 8.25s to 9s
- Scatter from 10m to 7.5m
- Acceleration increased from 1.5 to 2
- Rotation rate increased from 25 to 30
- 1 in 6 chance of 5 second crew shocked critical on target deflections
- Penetration increased from 110 to 140
- 25% of the shell’s damage is applied on non-penetrating rounds against enemy armor.

ISU-152:
- Price from 520mp/215 fuel to 680mp/290 fuel
- Pop from 13 to 17.
- Armor from 120 front/60 rear to 200 front/100 rear
- Health from 1280 to 960
- AOE from 5m to 6m
- Damage from 160 to 240
- Scatter from 10m to 13.2m
- Reload from 6.125s to 10s
- Penetration from 170 to 150
- Target Size from 24 to 26
- Acceleration from 1.5 to 2
- Max Speed from 4 to 3.8
- 33% of the shell’s damage is applied on non-penetrating rounds against enemy armor.
- Added a 1 in 3 chance of crew shocked critical on deflections
- Reduced main gun tracking speed from 25 to 12
- G-530 Concrete Piercing Round ability penetration increased to 1000

Is2 literally always did damage, so you had to shoot and retreat until Vet2 when the gun got decent pen and I believe at Vet3 it was almost as fast as a T34 or faster.

The salvage artillery needed above a certain amount right? Cant remember because I was a Falls spammer back then, the Airplane loiter even gave a free Falls, shit was broken. I think you could reinforce during the loiter, not sure if it was free or not.

10 May 2022, 19:10 PM

As the bug that made me quit the game for 5 years has already been mentioned......I offer Advanced Emplacement Commander Day 1. Unkillable emplacements + 100% uptime counterbattery that annihilated all Axis arty at CP3 or something. Bofors that was harder to kill than 10 Flak HQs. Oh and their fwd HQs repaired nearby emplacements too + gave the garrisoned fire bonus. The real sim city.
10 May 2022, 19:28 PM

As the bug that made me quit the game for 5 years has already been mentioned......I offer Advanced Emplacement Commander Day 1. Unkillable emplacements + 100% uptime counterbattery that annihilated all Axis arty at CP3 or something. Bofors that was harder to kill than 10 Flak HQs. Oh and their fwd HQs repaired nearby emplacements too + gave the garrisoned fire bonus. The real sim city.

they should add this back in tbh

their forward HQs still repair emplacements btw
10 May 2022, 20:27 PM

Free Tiger Ace in 2013 and 4 minute T34 from Soviet Windustry doc. :hansGASM:

Brits at release where every unit was OP or bugged (24 dmg tommy rifles, infinite range vickers bug, 1600HP churchills, bugged centaur that wiped a squad inside a garrison within 1 second so it had to be banned in tournaments, british emplacements with double the HP they have now and brace that had no cooldown + global self repairs) :hansGASM:
10 May 2022, 21:23 PM

What is suprising to me is that the golden age maxim doesnt get a single reverance. People still get panic attacks if one even mentions a price decrease current day.
Lol maybe it wasent so bad and people over exagerated a bit...

To me the most broken thing was how unplayable allies where in 3s and 4s on release. And the ost turbo mortar in any mode.
10 May 2022, 22:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2022, 18:42 PMKatukov

https://youtu.be/8E5TtByIH5U

Dear god. A sherman tank worth building in 4v4s...
10 May 2022, 22:53 PM

Original Tiger Ace. It was free and was like 3x stronger than a regular tiger. Could go against 4 Jacksons and sit in P47 and still win. Only way to kill it was pray it hit a mine.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS