Login

russian armor

Buff M8 Greyhound, seems naturally.

4 May 2022, 02:40 AM

Everyone knows M8 can be thought as a scout Vehicle, and also base of M20 Utility Car.
but M8 Doesn't have stealth detection(25).
I think Give Stealth detection to M8 Greyhound can be reasonable buff patch.
Recon company can feel more benefits to using M8 Greyhound. but not change about combat performance.
4 May 2022, 11:13 AM

Yes it make sense that M8 should have similar detection radius as the M20.

Personally I would rather see the unit be upgrade to the m20 available to mechanized but that is another story.
15 Jun 2022, 03:26 AM

This seems like such a dumb unit that's a chore to use while having little effect. I do NOT understand why it is talked about so much or even used at all. I played it once a couple years ago and unless something has changed I don't know what else to say about it.

It's like an M20 with the speed, smoke despensers and upgradable armor skirts. But an M20 is way cheaper, available way sooner, and gives you a mine laying ability so much more useful.

It's got a 37mm gun like the Stuart which is lame so it's not really a vehicle killer like the Puma and doesn't have the armor of the Stuart so it's not that durable for the role anyway.

Doesn't seem like it's that good against infantry. It has a .50 but so does the way cheaper and more readily available M20. It has the cannister shot costs resources to use and unless I had bad RNG, seemed underwelming.

Why does
15 Jun 2022, 06:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2022, 03:26 AMCODGUY
This seems like such a dumb unit that's a chore to use while having little effect. I do NOT understand why it is talked about so much or even used at all. I played it once a couple years ago and unless something has changed I don't know what else to say about it.

It's like an M20 with the speed, smoke despensers and upgradable armor skirts. But an M20 is way cheaper, available way sooner, and gives you a mine laying ability so much more useful.

It's got a 37mm gun like the Stuart which is lame so it's not really a vehicle killer like the Puma and doesn't have the armor of the Stuart so it's not that durable for the role anyway.

Doesn't seem like it's that good against infantry. It has a .50 but so does the way cheaper and more readily available M20. It has the cannister shot costs resources to use and unless I had bad RNG, seemed underwelming.

Why does

It is not a bad unit but it doesn't make sense in the commander that it is in. It would be better if it was part of the stock roster with some tweaks such as smoke dispenser added and the same gun as Stuart (they both used the same gun in real life)

The main attraction being is that it would be cheaper than Stuart and would have a more defined AT role leaving the M20 as the Anti-Infantry version.

Example
16 Jun 2022, 09:05 AM

problem with Cannister shot that it cost a lot of munitions in a heavy munition doc, why it makes no sense. Calling in para and pak howie, upgrading said para with 1919 and bars on others and the cluster bomb ball in. I like that doct but never once call in the greyhound.
16 Jun 2022, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2022, 09:05 AMRocket
problem with Cannister shot that it cost a lot of munitions in a heavy munition doc, why it makes no sense. Calling in para and pak howie, upgrading said para with 1919 and bars on others and the cluster bomb ball in. I like that doct but never once call in the greyhound.

Recon Company (the commander with M8 Greyhound) has nice things in it but it doesn't feel well designed or much thought was put into it. Like Relic took a group of random things and threw them in together.
16 Jun 2022, 15:42 PM

Recon Company (the commander with M8 Greyhound) has nice things in it but it doesn't feel well designed or much thought was put into it. Like Relic took a group of random things and threw them in together.

Remember the commander used to be a shitload stronger.

IR pathfinder used to have no cooldown so your early capping was a bit stronger.
IR arty was even stronger in that it was almost instantaneous. I destroyed an unsuspecting kt with it and a follow-up jackson.
Paras used to drop in with AT gun, so this commander was even better than airborne for 1v1. Only difference was no Thompsons but LMG is favored upgrade for most.
Butterfly bombs had almost no warning the animation started earlier and the bombs themselves fell faster with less scatter.

I can't remember but I believe the greyhound also came a bit earlier. It used to be the strongest commander for USF as it really had no weakness. God that shit was great.
17 Jun 2022, 01:00 AM

and then they nerfed all of strong point of Recon and call it balanced :D

Right now, Nerfed Howie even hurts Recon more :D
Still, Buff Greyhound stealth detection range is always welcome, maybe give is 25-30 range
17 Jun 2022, 06:33 AM

I remember when they nerfed cluster bomb timing making it lot easier to avoid, they supossedly nerfed stuka strafing bomb run too but it still has no problem wrecking a usf retreat point before they can usually move major or ambulance.
17 Jun 2022, 11:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2022, 06:33 AMRocket
I remember when they nerfed cluster bomb timing making it lot easier to avoid, they supossedly nerfed stuka strafing bomb run too but it still has no problem wrecking a usf retreat point before they can usually move major or ambulance.

Stuka strafing bomb is impossible to dodge in many situations, but that's ok.
17 Jun 2022, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2022, 11:46 AMEsxile

Stuka strafing bomb is impossible to dodge in many situations, but that's ok.

mate it literally starts at the same time almost all other loiters do.. chil the fuck outj
17 Jun 2022, 17:19 PM

If you can afford it in terms of munition consumption, recon support is very good usf commander. Definitely A-tier (if we consider Airborne to be S-tier). JUst build cache bro.
17 Jun 2022, 19:39 PM

If you can afford it in terms of munition consumption, recon support is very good usf commander. Definitely A-tier (if we consider Airborne to be S-tier). JUst build cache bro.

In 1v1 it is A tier but it drops off bad in 3v3 and up. Everything comes to late in team games, paras have no place unless you lost a squad and greyhound comes in at a point where you can tech up for mediums. It’s in such an strange spot, too strong for AAHT timing but too weak for 4cp
17 Jun 2022, 19:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2022, 03:26 AMCODGUY

The Greyhound use to be crazy op wipe machine and Recon Commpany was broken op ontop of that. The entire commander got a giga nerf bat though so its not that great anymore.
18 Jun 2022, 00:56 AM

so, instead of building Greyhound after purcharge Officer/ up tech, They kick it to 4 CP. ...
22 Jun 2022, 00:20 AM

mate it literally starts at the same time almost all other loiters do.. chil the fuck outj

Its not a loiter its a strafing/bombing run. And im pretty sure it starts from the side of the map still and not your own endzone if you will like cluster bombs, thats what can make it unavoidable.
22 Jun 2022, 09:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2022, 00:20 AMRocket

Its not a loiter its a strafing/bombing run. And im pretty sure it starts from the side of the map still and not your own endzone if you will like cluster bombs, thats what can make it unavoidable.

what's the last time you played coh2 bro
22 Jun 2022, 12:01 PM

what's the last time you played coh2 bro

he's right
22 Jun 2022, 12:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2022, 12:01 PMEsxile

he's right

no he's dead wrong
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #