Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace robs 1v1 of great games. The spirit of COH is gone

22 Nov 2013, 19:24 PM

tiger ace call in = high risk??? hahaha omfg these trolls today should be tortured to death
In the hands of any person with a single neuron it isnt high risk, you can bank resources and reach max supply by turtling in the side of your map before calling the tiger ace by the way.
22 Nov 2013, 19:54 PM

Yes, it's hilariously powerful.

The real issue for me is that the only counter is RNG based. Such a crucial, game-changing unit should not have a counter that only has a 40-60% chance of being successful, but if you do get off the ram, you will probably win the game. It's just insane, completely contrary to any reasonable design in a strategy game.

The reduction of what is still a fairly complex Real-Time Strategy game to these arcade mechanics in the late game is more of a slap in the face to veteran COH players than just about anything else Relic has some up with in COH2.

Well I agree to an extent, BUT 1 T34 is never a counter on its own.. unless you are extremely lucky. You want at least 2-3 T34's and probably mines as well... that reduces the RNG.

Anyone who sends one loan T34 and just expects a critical ram straight away is being optomistic at best.
22 Nov 2013, 23:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2013, 19:24 PMatwar
tiger ace call in = high risk??? hahaha omfg these trolls today should be tortured to death
In the hands of any person with a single neuron it isnt high risk, you can bank resources and reach max supply by turtling in the side of your map before calling the tiger ace by the way.

Yeah...no.
If you're opponent is good enough, that won't work.
but you wouldn't know about that would you...try harder next time
23 Nov 2013, 13:49 PM

If German player is decent then Tiger Ace is "I win button". No resources gain is not a drawback at all since its usually called in when resources don't matter anymore. Nothing Soviet can field in 1v1 battle will win against this tank even when Tiger ace is outnumbered 3 - 1. All you can do is rely on lucky ram. You went for SU-85? Good luck. Maps are small enough for a Tiger Ace to react to every attempt of sneaky cap.
Don't forget that smart German will prepare himself and get an army of Vet3 Pioneers with crazy fast repair before going for an Ace.
23 Nov 2013, 15:17 PM

Permanently Banned
Its a free upfront loan, and even with the halted resource income, it justs sits ontop of your existing force like a juggernaut for minutes at a time before you even come close to paying its actual value interms of what it is worth.

Like a 56.9 tonne cherry ontop of your cake.

Hell, even dual T85s with the same resource restriction would have much the same imbalancing effect, let alone vet3 buffed to the gills T85s with all the trimmings.
24 Nov 2013, 01:13 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVoPDPwJ9Tc&feature=share&list=UUYV0US7au7isu0eY7IV77Cw

Just watched that, take a look yourself. I think OP has a point.
Myself, I don't like the design of Tiger Ace at all. I think it changes the game too much, and its kinda inconsistent - personally I'd prefer it to be a more expensive call in vet 3 Tiger with better LOS, range and reload time. It would fit "elite troops" theme better as all those can be attributed to having experienced "elite" crew. After all, Witmann's Tiger didn't have 2x armor and 166mm cannon (I know it's a game, but it's WW2 game, not DoW).

edit: fixed wrong link
24 Nov 2013, 01:22 AM

Every time i see someone that uses Elite troops doctrine, i use soviet industry, to beat a lamer, you have to use a lamer..
24 Nov 2013, 01:24 AM

Yeah, but that argument works both ways unfortunately.

Both doctrines are IMO ridicoulous atm and need balancing.
24 Nov 2013, 01:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 01:22 AMVolo
Every time i see someone that uses Elite troops doctrine, i use soviet industry, to beat a lamer, you have to use a lamer..

I would do that too, but I'm not going to give relic any more money for unbalanced crap.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★