Login

russian armor

OKW Mech repair speed

30 Mar 2022, 01:22 AM

There are reasons why no good OKW player gets more than one SP. Whether it be bleeding to death at far range (30MP reinforce for 0.87 size CQC models), four man squad having to go close range & losing a greater proportion of its firepower per model drop, or being generally poor against people in garrisons/behind heavy cover. Then midgame arrives and 2 SPs will usually lose to 2 LMG equipped squads, esp if they have a BAR each. And so on.

They do most of what listed above and then a great deal more. Volks are frankly so abysmal that that a SP must fulfil the role of a mainline inf squad in every way. Flanking, stopping frontal assaults, dislodging dug in inf with grenade throws, zoning out CQC squads, taking early territory (GL with your volks and late MG otherwise), etc.

I liken the job of a SP squad to be a 'firefighter' where they are needed to put out fires in several places at the same time.

In any case, this stuff has been discussed to death by players far more experienced than myself.

You just described Obers
30 Mar 2022, 13:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2022, 01:22 AMLatch

You just described Obers

Ah yes, that squad notorious for being available at min 0, T0 :rofl:. I'll bow out of this thread.
30 Mar 2022, 13:32 PM

Ah yes, that squad notorious for being available at min 0, T0 :rofl:. I'll bow out of this thread.

Lmao I am glad I never took that guy seriously.

The anti-Axis propaganda is strong to the point that we consider a 3 man 15fuel squad OP.
31 Mar 2022, 00:25 AM

How many tanks are u repairing at min 0? And no, the kubel doesnt count lol

Bro u hide ur playercard so that u dont get banned for basekilling.... :lolol:

31 Mar 2022, 02:33 AM

Your argument was that sturms have to do a million and one jobs rather than repair tanks, by the time tanks are out, obers are out, hence my reply, or shall I just use your style?

"Ahh yes, the famous T0 Min 0 tank!"

The anti-Axis propaganda is strong to the point that we consider a 3 man 15fuel squad OP.

Keep breathing mate.
31 Mar 2022, 10:48 AM

I've seen double sturmpios used to great effect on many-a tight maps. Especially by top10 (premades and solo). They are not as burdened as people make them out to be. Later on you won't fight them as much, but they can still cause a world of pain.
3 models cost 90 MP
In early game they can take out 3-4 models of rifles and usually retreat (if they don't win that engagement) with 2 models. That's 60 MP for you, and 84-112 MP for USF. Given how REs are dogs*it tier in combat unless you get lucky (can happen), you'll have volks vs REs the next fight in most 3v3 maps.
Assuming that the player goes 3x rifles vs 3x volks.
Now volks are dogsh*t tier close range, hence why you absolutely need to keep them behind cover, and they'll win against all but IS behind cover.

But all in all, repairs are fast on OKW. Whether that's justified or not, won't comment as I've never ever played OKW competitively. But they are fast, no doubt about that.

Considering SPios after the 15 minute mark. I mean, they can equip shrecks, put away the sweeper. Double SPio is 16 pop, so it is on the costlier side (compared to the usual 10 for CEs, REs...), but I think they justify the pricetag. Might be overburdened in 1v1s as the combat is spread out across the whole map, but in 3v3s+, where it's much denser, they are absolutely disgusting how much damage they can do in a short amount of time close range.

Hell, Lady, you witnessed when my REs were firing point blank on a static, AFK, MG42 squad for 10 seconds or so, and only took out 2 models, until you came and shoo-ed them away. Spios would definitely wipe in 3 seconds or so.
All in all, unless some major patches come, changing such core ideas, like repair bots would be too much of a hassle (hence the need for a major patch).
Spios do need some of that firepower given how volks only trade well on long range until the upgrade, but then again, you play ettelbruck or Lienne Forest spawn, you'll definitely get double SPios and will most likely lose that part as any faction (assault sections commander wouldn't lose I think).
31 Mar 2022, 12:53 PM

There are reasons why no good OKW player gets more than one SP. Whether it be bleeding to death at far range (30MP reinforce for 0.87 size CQC models), four man squad having to go close range & losing a greater proportion of its firepower per model drop, or being generally poor against people in garrisons/behind heavy cover. Then midgame arrives and 2 SPs will usually lose to 2 LMG equipped squads, esp if they have a BAR each. And so on.

They do most of what listed above and then a great deal more. Volks are frankly so abysmal that that a SP must fulfil the role of a mainline inf squad in every way. Flanking, stopping frontal assaults, dislodging dug in inf with grenade throws, zoning out CQC squads, taking early territory (GL with your volks and late MG otherwise), etc.

I liken the job of a SP squad to be a 'firefighter' where they are needed to put out fires in several places at the same time.

In any case, this stuff has been discussed to death by players far more experienced than myself.

I think the main reason they aren't used more is their initial cost. At what 320MP for 4 man squad is a tough pill to swallow. But their starting target size is better that pretty much better than every other mainline unit along with concussive nade at VET1 and target size of .63 at VET2. If their starting price was lets say 280MP(same as AssEngi) VG would be pretty much made irrelevant aside from the need of a snare.
31 Mar 2022, 12:56 PM

I think the main reason they aren't used more is their initial cost. At what 320MP for 4 man squad is a tough pill to swallow. But their starting target size is better that pretty much better than every other mainline unit along with concussive nade at VET1 and target size of .63 at VET2. If their starting price was lets say 280MP(same as AssEngi) VG would be pretty much made irrelevant aside from the need of a snare.

300mp
31 Mar 2022, 16:34 PM

Bro u hide ur playercard so that u dont get banned for basekilling.... :lolol:

31 Mar 2022, 21:23 PM

Bro u hide ur playercard so that u dont get banned for basekilling.... :lolol

Either he doesn't see the irony, or he does and he's just a troll. At this point could go either way honestly
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★