Login

russian armor

axies rekt in 4v4

• This thread is locked
26 Mar 2022, 22:27 PM

Alright time for a better answer, because this thread bugs me to shit.

• OP is right in the aspect that late game allies have way way more advantages than late game axis IN 4v4. Jacksons coupled with Soviet seeplanes and the arty/ATGs Zises are killer to any Axis armor (with the decent exception of Jagdtiger/Ele). HOWEVER, Axis should (and do) win before game changing quantities of allied TDs roll out (ie. the phase where the first Panther hits should tie the knot to the game).
    know the game with panther which is useless vs infantry, will be hard

• OP is wrong about the aspect of Axis blob management in ANY mode. T0 MG42 with 45Vision Pios can hold anything against even a 5 unit blob (with proper MG42 micro which, given by you claiming you play against top100s, is a logical conclusion). Not to mention the stupidly fast Mortar that OST can pump (not as fast as USA but the difference gets more than made up in the MG42's combat performance).
    1 SMOKE = mg is useless, then u get overrun and ur 2nd mg behind it also by flanking

• OP is wrong about the combat effectiveness of the forward heal truck of USA. Yes, it's a nice little gimmick but way way out of game breaking. First off, it's a soft retreat, meaning the US player must properly micro fragile <2men squads to bring them back and heal them. This kind of micro is impossible in 99.5% of players to be quite realistic. Secondly, it's a fucking LV that gets disabled by a single snare, neverminding the fact that a single mortar team can rape the fuck out of retreating squads in its range.
    oh man, thats not so hard with 5-6 units at front to micro some back.....

• I immediately disregard any serious talk of "blobbing" problems in COH2, as the foremost indicator of a poor gameplay performance. If you get raped by spammers don't forget you are also spamming a mistake they consistently take advantage of. If you get outplayed by 3 paths which are a nonsnare/nongren unit, maybe it's time to really think how combat effective going toe to toe with them with grens is (HINT: it's not, build 222s idiot). To add to my point, Axis have by and large the best tools to demolish blobs, starting with very good MGs and going all the way to Stuka's magnificent straight path bombing, Brumbars, and Sturmtigers. Another hint: OST have instapin skill planes which demobilise a blob. Maybe use them?
    planes = no ele or jagd; brumbar is good but tahts lategame; u wont get outplayed by 3 paths, read again maybe

• OP is right at what I perceive to be the boring flow of a COH2 team game, where 80% of the action happens for fuel, then for stars. It's ridiculous and breaks the flow of the WW2 military style, which above all was a war of army maneuvering and not really a bunker down and throw shells conflict. Hopefully COH3's manpower points will fix this, seeing that if you take the fuel and spam your army there, I will take your manpower to starve you. Decent solution.
    hoepfully would be awesome

• In the current state of COH2 matchmaking, coordinated arranged teams beat everything, even with shitty tactics. Sad, but true. Maybe you have had a streak of bad matchmaking where 4 allies gang up against a disorganized 4 Axis, but in reality every 4v4 I have ever played (minus decent exceptions) is plagued both sides by idiotic players, uncoordinated movement and hardcopin spam.
    true, i dont even mention that crap

what u talking about is only working with a arranged team by axies. then yes of course u wont get smashed the 15min because u can combine arms but im talking about random 4v4 where the favor is 90% on the allied side to succed without big brains and that is something this games makes unplayable for long time if u love to play on axies side.
27 Mar 2022, 12:17 PM

what u talking about is only working with a arranged team by axies. then yes of course u wont get smashed the 15min because u can combine arms but im talking about random 4v4 where the favor is 90% on the allied side to succed without big brains and that is something this games makes unplayable for long time if u love to play on axies side.

You disagree with me even on the points I agree with you.

Do you seriously expect to make a functional conversation after this? I told myself and you that it's pointless talking about 4v4 randos but here I am...
2 May 2022, 18:20 PM

Blah. Sounds like OP was accustomed to using one or two specific units to win the game for him.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2
unknown 2
unknown 48
United States 35
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L