Login

russian armor

Tank tracks suggestion

19 Nov 2013, 19:41 PM

I figured out that there is no track disabling so, you attack a tank with a AT from the side and hit him in the track it should fell from the suspension, be destroyed or disabled and you can repair them with engineers...
you guys should add a sticky granade which the conscript trows on the tank and hits the track and disables it... i hope you like my idea, it would be more realistic, i don't think that every AT or sticky granade disables the tracks but that there is some % for disabling it...
19 Nov 2013, 20:27 PM

Well the idea is nice and realistic, but the AT grenades now already damage the engine almost every time (against light and medium vehicles) so completely disabling the vehicle with one shoot would be a little too much...
19 Nov 2013, 21:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Unrelated, but relates.

I still think ATG should pretty much autohit vehicles.
Hell, even have an improved chance to engine crit, why not.
5 Dec 2013, 11:12 AM

When u looking for realistic, dont play CoH2 and CoH1 go to MoW. That would totaly destroy the gameplay (lol gameplay in CoH2 -.-). The 100% enging dmg by faust or AT Nate are horrible enough
5 Dec 2013, 11:15 AM

When u looking for realistic, dont play CoH2 and CoH1 go to MoW. That would totaly destroy the gameplay (lol gameplay in CoH2 -.-). The 100% enging dmg by faust or AT Nate are horrible enough

This. It makes vehicle gamplay boring and dull.
5 Dec 2013, 12:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Thing about ATGs, is how difficult they are to place, as well as how vulnerable they are to AI.

Their penetration, is good. Their rate of fire, is asymmetrically aligned for ZiS Barrage.
Their survival, is skewed, with 4/6 man, but I leave that for another patch.
Their damage, is OK.

But their accuracy, imo, still sucks balls, for both ATGs.

Seriously, I think the meta and game overall would benefit from a quite dramatic increase in ATG accuracy. I am perfectly OK with ATGs almost 100% hitting any armor they fire at.

Does anyone disagree with that? Dont you also feel that a 360MP, slow to position, and very hard to align AT unit should have a guaranteed effect on armor in its LoS?

i dont understand why Relic is so tentative/cautious about this.

Imo, a well positioned ATG should be an immediate facepunch for armor. Tbh they dont even hit that hard. Thats ok though, cos primarily their function is as Support and a deterrant, but with ther current terrible accuracy, Armor really can just risk it because their accuracy will frequently fail them.

Anyone else feel the same? As I said earlier, as did Micheal Wittman, ATGs used to be the single most dangerous weapon vs armor.

Im for increasing ATG accuracy to almost perfect levels. If the armor is in its arc, it should fuck off or co mit to assault ASAP, not hang around and laugh at ATGs fail accuracy.
6 Dec 2013, 00:17 AM

There are already criticals in the game that make tanks lose their tracks and other vehicles to lose their wheels (though they normally don't survive a 400 dmg hit). However, the only weapon this applies to is the Riegel AT mine and the T-34 ram, at least to my knowledge.
6 Dec 2013, 00:43 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Thing about ATGs, is how difficult they are to place, as well as how vulnerable they are to AI.

Their penetration, is good. Their rate of fire, is asymmetrically aligned for ZiS Barrage.
Their survival, is skewed, with 4/6 man, but I leave that for another patch.
Their damage, is OK.

But their accuracy, imo, still sucks balls, for both ATGs.

Seriously, I think the meta and game overall would benefit from a quite dramatic increase in ATG accuracy. I am perfectly OK with ATGs almost 100% hitting any armor they fire at.

Does anyone disagree with that? Dont you also feel that a 360MP, slow to position, and very hard to align AT unit should have a guaranteed effect on armor in its LoS?

i dont understand why Relic is so tentative/cautious about this.

Imo, a well positioned ATG should be an immediate facepunch for armor. Tbh they dont even hit that hard. Thats ok though, cos primarily their function is as Support and a deterrant, but with ther current terrible accuracy, Armor really can just risk it because their accuracy will frequently fail them.

Anyone else feel the same? As I said earlier, as did Micheal Wittman, ATGs used to be the single most dangerous weapon vs armor.

Im for increasing ATG accuracy to almost perfect levels. If the armor is in its arc, it should fuck off or co mit to assault ASAP, not hang around and laugh at ATGs fail accuracy.

I think the accurcay is fine, the problem I find with them is that they take too long to fire after they acquire a target. This means tanks can easier pass through the arc without getting shot
6 Dec 2013, 06:30 AM

Permanently Banned

I think theaccurcay is fine, the problem I find with them is that they take too long to fire after they acquire a target. This means tanks can easier pass through the arc without getting shot

Thats simply a question of positioning.

Im talking about ATGs not HITTING what is in their arc, which makes positioning arbitrary and even well placed ambush first shots unreliable (only after which the armor will, obviously, move out of the arc).

See the difference?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS