Login

russian armor

Why is the Maxim so bad?

PAGES (8)down
19 Feb 2022, 10:45 AM

T70 with 100% accuracy and wipe potential is enough to carry the whole faction what are you complaining with maxim?

19 Feb 2022, 15:51 PM

AFAIK, that is not true. Only mg42 teleports the weapon itself when carring-man dies.

This, TBH feels like you are trying to justify your opinion by devaluating merge. As long as you are not going for the penal build (with no cons), merge is almost always available for Soviet player and you have to admit it is really viable tool.

If you let team weapon without infantry near it. That's on you.

Vickers mg 42 and 43 have the gun teleport when the running model dies. .50 i dont know fore sure. Dshka and maxim both need to pick upagain if the model carrying dies.
This with axis inf being mostly better long range increases the chance to wipe the maxim and dska.

I dont see how i am devaluating merge. Its a great ability. You said maxim has very strong staying esp with merge. I mentioned you that it better be for 500 mp at that location. And cons merging means they are not pushing or drawing fire. Thats what i said. Its a fair trade off again 100% fine.

I didnt say anything about leaving a maxim or any mg without support.
On that note maxim fairs the worst on its own. It can stop inf but without the suprresion it really struggles to do so. In the sov faction it is fine, esp because they can be merged into. its price still isent fine.
The t34 despite being a medium is justly the cheapest medium. Because its the least effective off them. Would be trash if it costed 125 fuel with its current stats.
The maxim is unjustly expensive because people cant let go off the past.
19 Feb 2022, 18:07 PM

.50 teleports and insta-suppress too better than mg34.
21 Feb 2022, 13:42 PM

T70 with 100% accuracy and wipe potential is enough to carry the whole faction what are you complaining with maxim?

Sad, but true.
22 Feb 2022, 19:49 PM

22 Feb 2022, 23:47 PM

people who exclusively play okw/wehr -> "maxim good"

23 Feb 2022, 02:10 AM

Soviet is good
I like play Soviet because they are best
23 Feb 2022, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2022, 23:47 PMKatukov
people who exclusively play okw/wehr -> "maxim good"

I literally just last week posted a trending vid link to a vid about how maxim is a joke lol and Allied mains downvoted me to oblivion, without actually looking at what they were rating, lol.
23 Feb 2022, 21:25 PM

I literally just last week posted a trending vid link to a vid about how maxim is a joke lol and Allied mains downvoted me to oblivion, without actually looking at what they were rating, lol.

the only defense to the maxim is that it actually suppresses if you turn on the ability on time, on vet 1 its significantly easier to use

+ that's hilarious
24 Feb 2022, 00:11 AM

No DSHK is too good for buff.
24 Feb 2022, 18:50 PM

I watched that clip. Downvoted it because the audio, I thought my body was going to find a way to vomit through my ears
24 Feb 2022, 22:55 PM

I watched that clip. Downvoted it because the audio, I thought my body was going to find a way to vomit through my ears

Thanks for the honesty, I guess? It isn't my production in any case.
24 Feb 2022, 23:25 PM

Thanks for the honesty, I guess? It isn't my production in any case.

I knew it wasn't your YT channel lol, didn't even know it was your trending post until that comment. I've watched a few Vodyani clips on YouTube, good stuff :thumb:

Just saying there might of been other reasons for that one being downvoted
27 May 2022, 18:42 PM

Maxim used to be bad, now it's...I'd say decent. It's only any good as a Soviet due to larger crews and merge, but it actually can stop infantry head on now so that's about as good as it's going to get me thinks
27 May 2022, 22:35 PM

Still its price it to high considering you do have to use its timed ability wich costs muni to get it going.
The 6 men crews are not as expetional as some claim the deathloop still excist and axis dps and aoe tends to be a bit better because of the 6 men squads.

So i will say it again 240 mp is the proper price considering everything excepts its 1 time being op way back when.
28 May 2022, 02:51 AM

I'm sure its been explained somewhere before but I would like to know why the justification for Maxim being bad.

Same cost as MG42 but requires a tech building.

I am primary a team games player and I understand the balancing for Maxim is made around 1v1s. Am I correct in thinking that conscripts trading/value wise in 1v1s, the Maxim had to be toned down for it to be 'balanced'? If this is the case, unforunately conscripts are bad in team games which makes both Maxim and Cons being equally as bad in team games. A faction that has been ruined by the latest patches.

In team games, OST easy access to T1 Maxim, while Soviets have to build a T1 building for Maxim makes it so bad. Going Maxim first means you will always lose to MG42 first from Ost because they will have resource advantage and time advantage (because you teched to get Maxim). Not including that both have the same cost while Maxim has a smaller arc and can't suppress in one burst like the MG42 can. One is clearly better than the other and I don't see how the supporting units make up for this loss in power.

I know we're not getting any more patches but I feel like balance team really dropped the ball on this one. Soviets have really bad early game compared to OST and OKW. I remember Maxim costing 240mp before and having a faster setup time instead of what we have now.

The problem with the Maxim is that they went full USF on it and nerfed it into the ground and then made it like the USF AT Gun in which you have to constantly spend ammo on it so that it can be useful.

Rather than see the cost go down to 240 from 260 I would rather they adjust the reinforce cost. It used to be 15 back in the day and now it is currently at 20 to reinforce.

Back when Conscripts were balanced against grenadiers, they also cost 15 to reinforce (matching the Maxim reinforce cost)

I say lower the reinforce cost for Maxims and Conscripts down to 18, then when you unlock Mobile Reserves (the upgrade that allows you to get 7 man cons) it should be reduced down to 16 for the Maxim.
28 May 2022, 08:44 AM

The problem with the Maxim is that they went full USF on it and nerfed it into the ground and then made it like the USF AT Gun in which you have to constantly spend ammo on it so that it can be useful.

There is no "full USF" Coh2 had a very long list of units being over nerfed and overbuffed even before WFA become available.

Maxim is not overnerfed either.

Rather than see the cost go down to 240 from 260 I would rather they adjust the reinforce cost. It used to be 15 back in the day and now it is currently at 20 to reinforce.

Back when Conscripts were balanced against grenadiers, they also cost 15 to reinforce (matching the Maxim reinforce cost)

I say lower the reinforce cost for Maxims and Conscripts down to 18, then when you unlock Mobile Reserves (the upgrade that allows you to get 7 man cons) it should be reduced down to 16 for the Maxim.

I do not think that the claim is accurate. Conscripts reinforcement cost has followed the same formula grenadiers follow as far as I know
28 May 2022, 12:19 PM

Imagine thinking Cons needed a further buff.
28 May 2022, 15:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2022, 08:44 AMVipper

Maxim is not overnerfed either.

If a unit goes from brain dead pick to not being used at all it is an overnerf. Its not that the maxim fell out off favour a few days or weeks it was a long time.

It was nerfed so hard it needed some fixes to have it be even usefull or cost effective. The small fire sector increase and band aid deathloop fix didnt cut it. It needed a vet/muni ability to be of meaninfull impact. It did get the usf treatment of feeding it muni to be most impactfull

So it was overnerfed but the small buffs changed that to nerfed hard. Now if wiped axis players recrew it pretty often so its mostly in a good spot imo.
28 May 2022, 16:44 PM

If a unit goes from brain dead pick to not being used at all it is an overnerf. Its not that the maxim fell out off favour a few days or weeks it was a long time.

It was nerfed so hard it needed some fixes to have it be even usefull or cost effective. The small fire sector increase and band aid deathloop fix didnt cut it. It needed a vet/muni ability to be of meaninfull impact. It did get the usf treatment of feeding it muni to be most impactfull

So it was overnerfed but the small buffs changed that to nerfed hard. Now if wiped axis players recrew it pretty often so its mostly in a good spot imo.

Maxim spam was op, now maxim is in good spot. Call it what you like because i am not really interested in semantics.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS