Login

russian armor

mother fker arranged team ruin the game

24 Jan 2022, 20:18 PM

make the tournment 4v4 arranged team agaist the random team ok?
see what is the banlance
25 Jan 2022, 12:44 PM

If randoms & arranged team would have split matchmaking, the arranged teams would wait 30-60 minutes to find a match. Randoms would also wait longer, it would just be a bad change overall.

However I think randoms should not lose any ELO/rank if they lose vs arranged teams.
27 Jan 2022, 08:28 AM

If randoms & arranged team would have split matchmaking, the arranged teams would wait 30-60 minutes to find a match. Randoms would also wait longer, it would just be a bad change overall.

However I think randoms should not lose any ELO/rank if they lose vs arranged teams.

thats about as wishful as having less elo loss for performing better then everyone on your team and being dragged down into the Elo mealstrom hell that is coh2
27 Jan 2022, 12:32 PM

thats about as wishful as having less elo loss for performing better then everyone on your team and being dragged down into the Elo mealstrom hell that is coh2

But there is no way the game or someone else can detect who is the best player just by looking at numbers.

You can have the best damage & K/D by spamming AT guns & snipers and still be the most useless player of the team.
28 Jan 2022, 00:54 AM

You can have the best damage & K/D by spamming AT guns & snipers and still be the most useless player of the team.

Those players that blob and retreat in a constant cycle usually have good damage and kills. But they hold ZERO territory all game long. And usually cause their team mate to lose a lot of their army because the blobbing a-hole mass retreats leaving you to deal with the oncoming wall of sheeeeiiitttt.

This becomes very prominent mid-late game because those same asshats never make AT guns. And they are caught off guard when the enemy, who has had the fuel all game long, comes out with a fast tank. And you lose ALL of your team weapons when they run and hide like little girly men because they walked straight into the same MG for the 3rd or 4th time or saw the tank.

I always drop if my mate does that. Playing that out is a waste of your time.

COH3 seriously needs a way to ban people so you dont get stuck with these donkeys.

Diagram of blobbers brain
30 Jan 2022, 07:41 AM

The problem isn't that it allows for AT vs. Random; it's that the automatch system assumes that a Random team is equal to an AT team if their ranks are the same. Get 4x rank 200 randoms to play against a premade of the same rank, and the premade will win every single time simply because they'll have much better coordination.

My suggestion has always been to give a skill "bonus" to the premade team; assume a 4-player premade of Rank 200 players will probably be equal to rank 100 randoms, etc. Similarly, that means if you're a rank 200 player, you won't be facing rank 200 pre-mades. You'll probably face rank 300-400s, where you'll have a noticeable advantage in skill to compensate for their coordination.
4 Feb 2022, 01:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2022, 00:54 AMRosbone

Those players that blob and retreat in a constant cycle usually have good damage and kills. But they hold ZERO territory all game long. And usually cause their team mate to lose a lot of their army because the blobbing a-hole mass retreats leaving you to deal with the oncoming wall of sheeeeiiitttt.

This becomes very prominent mid-late game because those same asshats never make AT guns. And they are caught off guard when the enemy, who has had the fuel all game long, comes out with a fast tank. And you lose ALL of your team weapons when they run and hide like little girly men because they walked straight into the same MG for the 3rd or 4th time or saw the tank.

I always drop if my mate does that. Playing that out is a waste of your time.

COH3 seriously needs a way to ban people so you dont get stuck with these donkeys.

kills and damage matters because you cause casualties and therefore make the enemy waste resources

and additionally, if blobbing succeeds, it will cause damage and force retreats, causing them to take territory.

However, blobbing can also go bad, and then you have a different picture. High casualties, low kill counts, you simply get blown out of the water.
What i most often see is that blobbing works better with axis factions, while allied factions either don't know how to blob, or they hit a brick wall of MG-42s and light vehicles that bleed them to death. USF stands out as a faction that seems particularly blobby, but this inevitably does not work and it gets crushed either outright (MG-42, flak halftrack, counter blobbing), or outright (rocket artillery), and thus lose an insane amount of soldiers for little gain.

this is a 3v3 perspective, in 1v1s i do not consider blobbing to really be possible
4 Feb 2022, 10:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2022, 00:54 AMRosbone

Diagram of blobbers brain

Absolute KEK
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %