Login

russian armor

Archiver.exe Fails to Intialize SGA FIles

9 Jan 2022, 04:18 AM

I need to extract Data.sga to edit my keybindings, but Archiver.exe is "failing to intialize the archive". Any help?

Command Prompt Readout:

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2>Archive.exe -a Data.sga -e F:\Temporary\Data.sga_Extracted
01:45:01.18 Version.cpp - translation info queried modulefilename D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\Archive.exe, len 1644
error: failed to initialize archive 'Data.sga'
12 Jan 2022, 10:23 AM

An easier way to view and extract SGAs is to use the archive viewer in Company of Heroes 2 Tools.
21 Jan 2022, 03:11 AM

An easier way to view and extract SGAs is to use the archive viewer in Company of Heroes 2 Tools.

Thanks, that was way easier. I extracted data.sga and made the necessary changes to keydefaults.lua.

How do I repack the files into a new data.sga so I can replace the default data.sga?

I could not find any working download links for Copernicus's SGA Packer, which appears to be the only one that exists.
30 Jan 2022, 16:50 PM

If you look for and download Corsix's Mod Studio that has the ability to create SGA's.
31 Jan 2022, 09:01 AM

If you look for and download Corsix's Mod Studio that has the ability to create SGA's.

I downloaded Corsix's Mod Studio. I do not see the SGA Packer nor do I see any of the tabs shown in this guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1111290159

All I see is the Welcome tab.

How do I access the SGA Packer?
6 Feb 2022, 15:27 PM

Use the "Load single SGA" to load any SGA (doesn't matter what it is) and you will be able to access the tools tab where the SGA packer is.
9 May 2022, 10:14 AM

Use the "Load single SGA" to load any SGA (doesn't matter what it is) and you will be able to access the tools tab where the SGA packer is.

Using "Load Single SGA" on data.sga results in the following error:

24 May 2022, 13:01 PM

Ok I didn't release their were different types of sga's. I suspect if it cant open them it wont be able to pack them either.
Sadly I don't know any other way to create them other then worldbuilder which isn't helpful for this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★