Login

russian armor

The community fans should pressure relic for fixing servers

5 Jan 2022, 08:39 AM

Ever since the 64-bit patch release, the game never reconnected a match properly for me. At least it used to reconnect. Besides lobby loads up so slowly like it got diabetes or what. It feels very bad and annoying to suddenly get disconnected in a situation like winning by when the VP tickers stating- 347-46 (for example) even though the discord is working fine and as well as the streaming goes on fine(proof the internet is fine and still connected).

Why are they so much careless about this stuff willingly turning a beautiful game into a dead one for a long time?
5 Jan 2022, 09:01 AM

Exactly. Why servers are still a problem in 2022 ? Please Relic fix this problem.
5 Jan 2022, 12:47 PM

theres nobody to fix the servers

ghost town
5 Jan 2022, 15:53 PM

theres nobody to fix the servers

ghost town

If all fans starts speaking together at the same time, that might do a difference.
5 Jan 2022, 16:02 PM

I never faced any real issues with servers.

There never was a reconnect feature in the first place
5 Jan 2022, 16:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The overall connectivity of Coh2 is quite bad, but let's be real: There is nothing Relic will do. They won't waste resources on reworking net code for CoH2 servers when CoH3 is on the not so distant horizon.

I never faced any real issues with servers.

There never was a reconnect feature in the first place

There is no reconnection after you dropped from the game, but if you only lose the connection for a couple of seconds (which happens to me semi-regularly after switching my ISP), CoH2 will reconnect. I think that's what Renegade means.
5 Jan 2022, 18:43 PM

The overall connectivity of Coh2 is quite bad, but let's be real: There is nothing Relic will do. They won't waste resources on reworking net code for CoH2 servers when CoH3 is on the not so distant horizon.

There is no reconnection after you dropped from the game, but if you only lose the connection for a couple of seconds (which happens to me semi-regularly after switching my ISP), CoH2 will reconnect. I think that's what Renegade means.

The game won't drop you if you have any sort of connection to the router. You can literally have 1kbps connection, it will hold. Sure you will be freezing for half a minute, but you won't drop. If you in any way lose connection, even for a second, you drop. Losing connection that drops:

ipconfig /release /renew
Manually clicking on the disconnect button in Windows
Manually changing the source (eg, your router has 5GHz and 2.4GHz, and you just click to connect to the other), you drop. Tested it out.
Bad connection, or extremely slow connection, or even connection that times out, won't drop you, as long as you maintain it in any way.
5 Jan 2022, 23:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The game won't drop you if you have any sort of connection to the router. You can literally have 1kbps connection, it will hold. Sure you will be freezing for half a minute, but you won't drop. If you in any way lose connection, even for a second, you drop. Losing connection that drops:

ipconfig /release /renew
Manually clicking on the disconnect button in Windows
Manually changing the source (eg, your router has 5GHz and 2.4GHz, and you just click to connect to the other), you drop. Tested it out.
Bad connection, or extremely slow connection, or even connection that times out, won't drop you, as long as you maintain it in any way.

That is not entirely true, at least not from my experience.
Just as OP described, you can have a stable internet connection and still drop out of the game. My friends can still hear me over any VOIP software, while CoH2 derps out and sometimes just kicks me out of a game for no good reason, sometimes it manages to reconnect after 5-10 seconds. No other game I play shows that behaviour. There must be something going on either at the Relic servers directly or the communication between my ISP/router and the Relic servers. The connection of my PC to my router does not matter, since Relic cannot sense if those two are connected. Relic can only detect that there are no incoming packages from a player for a given time. Sure, if there is even some kind of super slow connection, you might not drop. But if connection fails for a couple of seconds, you're done.

What I have noticed though is that the process is quite variable. Sometimes I got dropped almost instantly without even showing the "reconnecting" message, sometimes the game tried to reconnect for quite some time (probably 10+ seconds).
5 Jan 2022, 23:19 PM

Just as OP described, you can have a stable internet connection and still drop out of the game. My friends can still hear me over any VOIP software, while CoH2 derps out and sometimes just kicks me out of a game for no good reason, sometimes it manages to reconnect after 5-10 seconds. No other game I play shows that behaviour. There must be something going on either at the Relic servers directly or the communication between my ISP/router and the Relic servers. The connection of my PC to my router does not matter, since Relic cannot sense if those two are connected. Relic can only detect that there are no incoming packages from a player for a given time. Sure, if there is even some kind of super slow connection, you might not drop. But if connection fails for a couple of seconds, you're done.

What I have noticed though is that the process is quite variable. Sometimes I got dropped almost instantly without even showing the "reconnecting" message, sometimes the game tried to reconnect for quite some time (probably 10+ seconds).

Well ofc, I've also had drops on completely stable 200 Mbps connection. That's the relic's fault. But the disconnects/reconnect only happens as I've described above.
Relic server fault is a pure disconnect. Don't think you can reconnect as most likely the server will reboot last runtime.
6 Jan 2022, 06:07 AM

Dude Relic literally swimming in Microsoft money right now. They can fix it if they want to fix.
6 Jan 2022, 14:48 PM

Well. That happens even though I am connected to the same ISP.
6 Jan 2022, 14:55 PM

and that is one of the most pathetic thing sometimes make a person annoyed very much specially in a 1v1 ranked match fighting against leaderboard 12+ players during an intense situation.
Sometimes, we incur a disconnection in the middle of a winning match.

Definately the servers need a bit of a fix.No matter even if coh2 is old. But this game is still classic and popular in my book. No other WW2 Strategy is better so far I have noticed till then now. And if someone starts comparing it with sc2, that is irrelevant and exceptional case. Relic should at least care about the community at least about the things that seems silly and make everyone annoyed suddenly such as this disconnection issue while the net is still fine. And it seems like they are willingly trying to make their own game look like a dead game for a long time.(due to their negligence)
6 Jan 2022, 17:05 PM

I personally want to pressure Relic to remake the Soviet airborne commander, adding historical skin and authentic abilities.
6 Jan 2022, 21:51 PM

The real problem is Coh2 players want Coh2 to be good a lot more than Relic wants Coh2 to be good. And with Coh3 a year away forget it. You are dead to Relic.

As a consumer you should let them know how you feel about that by NOT buying Coh3. But Relic knows you crackheads cant go a day without it. Face it you are an addict. You are one step away from prostitution to get a good ping during games. You would turn in your mother if that meant you could get a Tiger faster. Go on admit it. Its ok. This is a safe space.
6 Jan 2022, 23:12 PM

You are one step away from prostitution to get a good ping during games. You would turn in your mother if that meant you could get a Tiger faster. Go on admit it. Its ok. This is a safe space.

Everyone else's rants < Rosbone rants

Please never change :clap:
6 Jan 2022, 23:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Dude Relic literally swimming in Microsoft money right now. They can fix it if they want to fix.

They could, but they won't.
Relic will be happy if CoH3 is an allround upgraded version. Investing into CoH2 at this point is wasted money and might even diminish your sales for CoH3. Why should any company want to do that?
6 Jan 2022, 23:43 PM

Please never change :clap:

My post are 90% for entertainment purposes only <444>3

If people are here chatting it is because they love the game but cant play it at the moment. Sometimes that is because RNG screwed them. Sometimes it is because the server screwed them. Sometimes it is because their team mates have mental structural integrity problems. Sometimes it is because they are at work or Uni and dont have time to play.

So posts should be entertaining in some way not always just boring unit X is OP stuff.
7 Jan 2022, 03:11 AM

My post are 90% for entertainment purposes only <444>3

If people are here chatting it is because they love the game but cant play it at the moment. Sometimes that is because RNG screwed them. Sometimes it is because the server screwed them. Sometimes it is because their team mates have mental structural integrity problems. Sometimes it is because they are at work or Uni and dont have time to play.

So posts should be entertaining in some way not always just boring unit X is OP stuff.

Not these many reasons(irrelevant). Just get the god damned server fixed..That is the reason only. It is not about RNG screwing anyone.
At least most of the players this annoying disconnecting/ and never reconnecting sh*t while playing the game during a ranked pvp match.
7 Jan 2022, 03:11 AM

Not these many reasons(irrelevant). "Just get the god damned server fixed". That is the reason only. It is not about RNG screwing anyone.
At least most of the players this annoying disconnecting/ and never reconnecting sh*t while playing the game during a ranked pvp match.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★