Login

russian armor

KV-2 Vet 3 reload buff and siege mode

20 Dec 2021, 11:21 AM

Having a T34-85 is a big bonus though. It's probably the best doctrinal medium tank, given it's performance/price. Not only that, but it can be used in the same way the Panthers can, in teamgame lategame: Hail Mary push. You could do it with a Comet, but given it's price and AI power, you won't get far. Sure it will bounce a few more shots than the T34-85 but still...
That's one massive argument in favor of ISU if you ask me. Of course, your arguments concerning KV2 chunkiness and the fact that it comes with another AI heavy tank, the KV8, renders the commander generally unfavorable.

imo 85s is a weird one, since there is not whole a lot of difference in firepower compared to 76s. But they are better at roaming doing very deadly counter attacks. Still 2x 85 ~= 3x 76s. Lately I started to like 76s a lot. Cheap, low pop cap and enough firepower for sharp maneuvers. It is also the best "trading" tank, hence the ram ability.

In terms of comparing to comets, the brit tank is just better. In terms of AI ,they are inferior, but they have "bliz" lots of penetration to brawl with heavier targets and phosphorous rounds to shut down AT. They also wipe the flor with P4s.

On topic my thesis is that ISU is much more effective in team games. I guess KV2 can be useful, if you are not tryharding and want to have fun. Although you can still pick Windustry, skip KV2 all together and be effective. KV8 covered by Su85 and some mainline is extremely deadly, especially vs A-moving Ober guys. Get the repair stations and steadily bleed the opponent.
For the other commander I had a nick name in Russian "Cыч" (sort of like a local type of Owl), because you build a nest in some building early game and just troll the Axis. Back in the days used to be able to do on both VPs on Redball. Good luck dealing with that without Firestorm :lol: Fun times.
22 Dec 2021, 09:59 AM

In my opinion the Kv2 struggles against anything that is not a panzer 4, even the deflection damage from the first shot is not enough to snare a panther (840 HP is above the snaring limit I guess, not sure). This is the profile of an allied heavy tank. It does make the infantry squad retreat with one but that is the same thing with the stock brummbar which is 75 fuel cheaper. I dont have much information in the TTK stuff everyone is discussing but what I see is that it has 10 less range than the panther, it overcomes that range difference at vet 2 but the veterancy requirements of KV2 are that of a heavy tank much more than panther since panther shoots only at vehicles thus giving it higher veterancy at a faster rate. KV-2 does tons of damage to even think of reaching vet 2 since it is mostly used against infantry blobs which provide very low to little veterancy. This can be compared to the USF M15 halftrack which will almost never reach vet 3 if there is no axis light vehicle on the field. My point being even to deal with panther at max range it needs quite some time on the field. Unlike the Tiger or Tiger 2, whatever it shoots at needs to retreat whether it be comet, churchill, vetted infantry squad, so getting veterancy with such heavies is easier as compared to Kv2 or ISU for that fact.

What everyone is missing about the horrible siege mode is the time to hit a unit, the flying duration of the shell is so long, I literally had an instance where my siege mode Kv-2 shot at mg42 when it started packing up, the mg was outside the AOE I guess before the shot even hit the place where mg was set up. The setup and packup time of siege mode is too much of a penalty to even use that ability, this makes it even worse to fight infantry from a safe range.
MMX
22 Dec 2021, 15:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2021, 09:59 AMSumi
[...]

while i don't necessarily agree that the kv-2 needs to become even more potent against tanks than it already is, the siege mode could really use a bit of tweaking. i'm rather ok with the long travel time of the shells giving infantry ample time to move out of harms way; however, the huge scatter makes not only barrages highly inaccurate, but also manually targeted predictive shots difficult to pull off. obviously pinpoint-accurate HE shells at 70 range aren't a very good idea (hello isu-152), but at least a bit tighter scatter than that of the normal shells wouldn't hurt.
that or shaving a second or two off the hilariously long setup and tear down delays. especially the latter combined with the 300% increased damage (not sure if that still applies) more often than not leaves you a sitting duck when things go south, while offering little else in return.
23 Dec 2021, 12:45 PM

Didnt the siege mode used to have 80 range?
MMX
23 Dec 2021, 13:49 PM

IIRC it's been 70 for quite a while (at least that's what serealia lists) and 80 at vet2, but it might have had longer range a couple of years ago.
24 Dec 2021, 12:00 PM

This has to be a joke. No way…
24 Dec 2021, 12:46 PM

This has to be a joke. No way…

what is?
24 Dec 2021, 15:21 PM

I think vet 3 must have nukelear charge that can fly to enemy base .. just to satisfy all IS2 lover
25 Dec 2021, 02:39 AM

Aye. It, the ISU, the elefant and the pak43 used to have a Max range of 100
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 29
Germany 225
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L