Login

russian armor

Dear developers! What is going on with CoH?

19 Nov 2013, 13:00 PM

Dear developers! You created really interesting game CoH2, which has more various gameplay than most AAA games. And very pleasure to read some next your posts like:
We intend to support CoH 2 for the long term, even more effectively than we did with the original.

or:
We have a long roadmap for the game, and we hope you guys will stick around.

But, do you really think, that many people will play in your game for a year? How many players in our community today? If today in game constantly only about 3 000 players, how many from them stay in game via a year? For example, in some other games, like DOTA 2, Valve said that about 600 000 constantly in game! Or in that bullshit-game so many people realy spend their time, or it is PR-lie from Valve... Whatever it was, you should think about this if you want to support your work for a long time. For comparison, how many players was in original CoH? How many years people played that game and some people play now.
So, what should you do now:
1. To make ladders in the game, like in original CoH (how many total number of players in current ladders?). It will give an incentive to win the games.
2. To start production pay-DLC with british, italian, japan, american armies to diversify gameplay.
3. May be, at least, to convert original CoH armies on a new engine. It add a new fractions in CoH2.
4. Unlock native voises for armies.
5. For example, EA Digital Illusions CE offers a whole calendar of unlock DLC for purchased Premium for their games. But they cheat, because their DLC consist of only a few new maps for multiplayer games. Can you create schedule of DLC?

Sorry for my english. And thanks for a game about my compatriots.
19 Nov 2013, 13:28 PM

So your solution to decreasing number of players is to introduce even more DLC? Last DLC was released a week ago and it definitely didn't increase the amount players. Infact, it had quite the opposite effect I think.
19 Nov 2013, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 13:00 PMSixshot

2. To start production pay-DLC with british, italian, japan, american armies to diversify gameplay.

This game focus on Eastern Front, so i dont know how could japan, americans, british armies fit in this game.
19 Nov 2013, 14:00 PM

@OP: Please don't give Relic any more dumb ideas. Thanks.
19 Nov 2013, 14:44 PM

Only your first suggestion should be done.
19 Nov 2013, 15:01 PM

1. To make ladders in the game, like in original CoH (how many total number of players in current ladders?). It will give an incentive to win the games.

this is on the making. but it seems to be on low priority

4. Unlock native voises for armies.

as far as i know the game is voiced in native languages. have you tried changing the game language??

what are you russian or german? even so the video is easy to understand in any language

19 Nov 2013, 16:34 PM

Relic wont listen guys , the fact that the community organiser posts in the community once every 2 months is indicative enough . They dont give 2 shits about the community , if they did they would have taken in and at least reviwed the feedback we have given them since the beta , but no , they chose to ignore both us and every lesson coh taught them over 7yrs . Instead they are revisiting the failed experiment of CoH : O but with a worse basic product they deserve to fail again untill they learn from their mistakes .
19 Nov 2013, 16:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 13:28 PMZtormi
So your solution to decreasing number of players is to introduce even more DLC? Last DLC was released a week ago and it definitely didn't increase the amount players. Infact, it had quite the opposite effect I think.

As far as I know it increased the number of players (peak: 5000+).
19 Nov 2013, 16:42 PM
Benefactor 115

game was also on -33% sale
1 of 5 Relic postsRelic 19 Nov 2013, 17:07 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't think it's fair to compare our player base size to that of DOTA. Valve's very very good at what they do, and they are building their game off of a successful games marketplace that helps to drive revenue and it's a free-to-play game so there's no barrier to entry.

All credit to them it's also a pretty fun game, though I'm not a huge multiplayer online battle arena fan myself. Still I've dabbled in it a bit over the past year.

You ideas are pretty great, and something like native voices is something that we're looking at doing if possible. It's mostly a question of how to prioritize stuff like that, would that be more popular with fans than another feature.

As for expansions and new armies? Well we're still pretty early in the game's life cycle for things like that. Remember the game has only been out since June (5 months ago now). I think if you compare it to what we did with the original you may have some ideas of how we see the timing of things like expansions going.

19 Nov 2013, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 17:07 PMNoun

You ideas are pretty great

lol, so far in this topic only you find those ideas great (except idea #1).
2 of 5 Relic postsRelic 19 Nov 2013, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 17:19 PMAbdul

lol, so far in this topic only you find those ideas great (except idea #1).

I think all of our fans' ideas are worth considering, and when presented in a constructive manner deserve to be heard. It doesn't mean we'll put them all into place, but everyone gets to be heard with respect and consideration.
19 Nov 2013, 17:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 17:21 PMNoun

I think all of our fans' ideas are worth considering, and when presented in a constructive manner deserve to be heard. It doesn't mean we'll put them all into place, but everyone gets to be heard with respect and consideration.

Then you should check the topic below, because there is allot constructive comments in it made by many of Relic's fans who are right now angry for the lack of response.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/10707/what-the-pro-s-think-of-coh2
19 Nov 2013, 17:30 PM

all these things have been said so many times. this game isnt playable imo.
i totally miss the coh1 feeling.
When they realized the latest patch i thought i will try 1 game after 3 months break and surprise- nothing has changed:
mg's running around mowing down evrything, followed by this t70 joke. The biggest joke now is the MP at the start. and dont Forget the steam ladder- u serious??!! (btw its broken anyways, Anthrax is still 3 # as soviet, but he hasnt even played for half a year.
no wonder so many coh1 veterans left this game.

19 Nov 2013, 17:34 PM

I don't think it's fair to compare our player base size to that of DOTA. Valve's very very good at what they do, and they are building their game off of a successful games marketplace that helps to drive revenue and it's a free-to-play game so there's no barrier to entry.

Erm, excuse me. But Relic has made some of THE best RTS games out there if I recall correctly. Even if Dota is free to play and placed in a thriving market, why do you insist on grueling out your dedicated fanbase from CoH? Sounds like a shot in the knee, if you ask me. Basically, what i understand from your words is, that it is unfair for us to compare CoH2 to anything like BF4, Dota, Starcraft and whatever else. But yet you still try and cater to a casual crowd? Relic had lots of support for this game by the community, but some of the decisions that have been made are just absurd.

You ideas are pretty great, and something like native voices is something that we're looking at doing if possible. It's mostly a question of how to prioritize stuff like that, would that be more popular with fans than another feature.

No, actually they were not. IMHO.

As for expansions and new armies? Well we're still pretty early in the game's life cycle for things like that. Remember the game has only been out since June (5 months ago now). I think if you compare it to what we did with the original you may have some ideas of how we see the timing of things like expansions going.

What, like in the next few months? You do realize that even though we are "early in the game", we have been spammed with DLC, right?

Personally, I like the Turning Point patch. But why always rush these new commanders?

19 Nov 2013, 17:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 17:27 PMAbdul

Then you should check the topic below, because there is allot constructive comments in it made by many of Relic's fans who are right now angry for the lack of response.

PLUS ONE!
19 Nov 2013, 17:37 PM

all these things have been said so many times. this game isnt playable imo.
i totally miss the coh1 feeling.
When they realized the latest patch i thought i will try 1 game after 3 months break and surprise- nothing has changed:
mg's running around mowing down evrything, followed by this t70 joke. The biggest joke now is the MP at the start. and dont Forget the steam ladder- u serious??!! (btw its broken anyways, Anthrax is still 3 # as soviet, but he hasnt even played for half a year.
no wonder so many coh1 veterans left this game.

I don't think CoH2 will ever be vCoH and honestly I don't think it should aspire to be. As VonIvan mentioned, CoH2 has strong points and weak points. We as the community should work on further improving upon the strong points while also mitigating the weak points. Trying to push CoH2 to be vCoH will only create a giant mess.

Ciez quoted from another thread.

I played vCoH for a very long time, it's a great game but I don't understand the people who just want a vCoH remake with better graphics....

There's just a ton of retrospective bias around which really starts to annoy me... -.-
3 of 5 Relic postsRelic 19 Nov 2013, 17:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 17:27 PMAbdul

Yup! We're reading that, for sure. We're aware of it, but I believe that's also the thread where I'm called a Nazi which is not quite what we mean by constructive. I don't feel like arguing with people, so while we're definitely taking in feedback when it is constructive, we're allowing conversations to develop naturally within the community without interceding at this point.
19 Nov 2013, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 17:40 PMNoun

Yup! We're reading that, for sure. We're aware of it, but I believe that's also the thread where I'm called a Nazi which is not quite what we mean by constructive. I don't feel like arguing with people, so while we're definitely taking in feedback when it is constructive, we're allowing conversations to develop naturally within the community without interceding at this point.

You can skip over people/comments like that, but if you skip every thread because of those comments you will miss 99% of topics because there are people trashing every single thread. And I can't tell you how many great topics went by with no feedback from you guys.
19 Nov 2013, 17:49 PM

Ciez quoted from another thread.

I played vCoH for a very long time, it's a great game but I don't understand the people who just want a vCoH remake with better graphics....

There's just a ton of retrospective bias around which really starts to annoy me... -.-

dont get me wrong. i dont want a copy of coh1. but please tell the strong Points of coh2? Blizzards? lmao
but at the some Point i have to be right, otherwise more then 200 ppl would Play this game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★