Login

russian armor

USF lategame anti infantry team

6 Dec 2021, 12:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2021, 11:07 AMVipper

Squads have weapon and Rangers have a M1 that is long range oriented. It far better long range than both Riflemen M1 and Paras elite carbine. Ranger's M1 is probably the best long range rifle available to USF by far.

i will say that stromtrooper is long range oriented too.
6 Dec 2021, 12:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Guys, stop the nonesense offtopic discussion.

PageP is asking for game advice. Give yours, object to others, but don't drag it on over 10 posts just to 'prove' yourself right about a tiny subtopic.
MMX
6 Dec 2021, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2021, 12:55 PMVipper

[...] And so is loading green infatry on m36/scotts to gain veterancy.

While you're technically right about the possibility, in a real game scenario you'll hardly ever have the time to put a combat squad into a tank to gain vet instead of actually fighting alongside your armor. This might work for RE squads who don't contribute too much to your overall fighting force, but if you try this with a ranger squad against any capable opponent you'll end up on the back foot almost immediately.

6 Dec 2021, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2021, 12:55 PMVipper

Imo claiming that Ranger have 0.1% more DPS than riflemen in long range (post 19) when they actually have 153% is not a tiny subtopic and its not about proving that I am right. It has to do with presenting correct stats.

He claiming so base on the stat you posted in #15, which you have edited later on. The cause of all this - your #5 is also nonconstructive since it didnt give the op any advice he was asking for. Angelus made a long, quality post with many good advice for op, you pick a line of 6 word in that to make a reply.

You could have said something like "ranger have good long range dps on their default weapon and can be used long range in some EXTREME case" and that will be an nice addition. But no, Protos have to be "incorrect" and you have to be the one come up with "stat", "fact".
6 Dec 2021, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2021, 13:55 PMMMX

While you're technically right about the possibility, in a real game scenario you'll hardly ever have the time to put a combat squad into a tank to gain vet instead of actually fighting alongside your armor. This might work for RE squads who don't contribute too much to your overall fighting force, but if you try this with a ranger squad against any capable opponent you'll end up on the back foot almost immediately.

A non vetted infatry does not contribute that much damage anyway.

Riflemen
2 shots of a M36 on vet 0 Panther get to around vet 1.25
A single shots of a M36 on vet 3 Panther get to around vet 1

Ranger
2 shots of a M36 on vet 0 Panther get to around vet 1.05
A single shots of a M36 on vet 3 Panther get to around 0.90 vet 1

So it can help even with little use.
7 Dec 2021, 08:47 AM

Team games opinion:

First off. Don't lose your rifleman lol.

2x Riflemen with a single BAR or M1919 upgrade is usually good enough for me, late game. I like to pair a rifleman squad with an officer squad so they can have both smoke + grenade and tank snare if I need. Its a flexible and inexpensive combo but can deal with most threats.

I like to spread my weapon upgrades so all squads have at least 1 before giving 2 to one squad. That way you mitigate the loss. Officers get priority for double upgrade because they get speed at vet3 which lets them fight more so you get more value for your weapons.

My personal timing for weapon upgrades is after officer squad + upgrade. So somewhere between officer squad and your LV/MG/Pak Howie.

Late-game anti-inf comes in the form of Sherman and Calliope. I don't use the Scott much as the Sherman is much more flexible. Always have 1 Sherman supporting your pushes whenever possible to deal with Obers and blobs.

M36 is your main source of AT. Don't trust rangers for your AT. Ranger 3x zooks works but not every commander has rangers and it bleeds like crazy. If you must go rangers, always better to get 2x Rangers with 6 zooks so you have more alpha damage, just don't ever lose them. ATG just sucks, don't bother. Its better to spend it on another RE squad with a zook since they can help repair too. Your starting RE with 1-2 zooks is good for early game to deal with LVs along with LT with 2x zooks if you're really struggling.

11 Jan 2022, 13:13 PM

best AI strat

1. get airborne
2. 2x pathfinders
3. 2x airborne with lmg upgrade.
4. upgrade pathfinders with double bar
5. ctrl +1 all the above.
6. A-move blob and melt enemy infantry squad
11 Jan 2022, 13:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2022, 13:13 PMy3ivan
best AI strat

1. get airborne
2. 2x pathfinders

And lose them all to one werfer or stuka or lose the battlefield presence by a mass retreat. Blobbing 3x obers is against non-soviet (katy) a viable tactic, with a-move raketen or JPs, but blobbing paths and paras as USF will net you an easy loss against anyone with half a brain cell. It only ever works against low rank players.
11 Jan 2022, 15:55 PM

And lose them all to one werfer or stuka or lose the battlefield presence by a mass retreat. Blobbing 3x obers is against non-soviet (katy) a viable tactic, with a-move raketen or JPs, but blobbing paths and paras as USF will net you an easy loss against anyone with half a brain cell. It only ever works against low rank players.

while the post is true, axis do not need to wait for rocket arty due to the strong machine guns that you can use (and other tools that are readily available to them)

and additionally, i would claim the land mattress as the most deadly allied rocket artillery against axis blobs, as it has such a large area of saturation that you are BOUND to hit something, compared to a concentrated katyusha strike that might deal similar damage in a smaller area

it is such a blast to use and it will never get nerfed because everyone universally agrees that it sucks
16 Jan 2022, 23:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2021, 20:02 PMpagep
Hi guys

I need help with my build for USF late game (3v3,4v4). Commanders with rangers.

When it comes to the late game I usually have:
AT team - 2x rangers with bazookas.
Support weapons, tanks and all the other shit ...
Anti Inf team - captain with upgrade + bar , usually vet rifleman from early game with 2x bars

But when I lose ALL my rifleman, what unit I should replace them with ? I like my captain, it gets fast + it has useful smoke, but I don't know if I should put another rangers to him and if so, should I upgrade them thomsons or 2x bars to be more align with the captain. Or I should just throw away captain and have 2x thompson rangers?

Thanks for the tips

Trying to use rangers as your AT in late game is just throwing a match. One ranger to keep them from diving AT guns or Jacksons is usually enough. Most teammates will get annoyed if they see you chasing tanks with Rangers. Having 1-2 rifles along with your ranger is good for snaring. If you lose all of your rifles, replace them with the officers first. They're always better than vanilla rifles. After that, RE's to cap and build green cover. Vet 0 rifles generally suck late game, and almost as bad of an idea as rangers for your AT.
20 Jan 2022, 18:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2022, 23:49 PMGrumpy

Trying to use rangers as your AT in late game is just throwing a match. One ranger to keep them from diving AT guns or Jacksons is usually enough. Most teammates will get annoyed if they see you chasing tanks with Rangers. Having 1-2 rifles along with your ranger is good for snaring. If you lose all of your rifles, replace them with the officers first. They're always better than vanilla rifles. After that, RE's to cap and build green cover. Vet 0 rifles generally suck late game, and almost as bad of an idea as rangers for your AT.

When Urban Defense first came out, though, using zooked-up rangers with cover to cover was absolutely a blast. Most players didn't seem to realize the danger that they were in haha.
22 Jan 2022, 05:03 AM

When Urban Defense first came out, though, using zooked-up rangers with cover to cover was absolutely a blast. Most players didn't seem to realize the danger that they were in haha.

No argument there, but wasn't cover to cover nerfed because of that?
27 Jan 2022, 12:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2022, 05:03 AMGrumpy

No argument there, but wasn't cover to cover nerfed because of that?

I don't know but it would make sense.
14 Feb 2022, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2022, 13:13 PMy3ivan
best AI strat

1. get airborne
2. 2x pathfinders

based tactic it's exactly what I do when playing USF and 60% of the time, everytime it works.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★