Login

russian armor

Am I crazy or is relic bunch of assholes?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
27 Nov 2021, 07:36 AM

DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR
Disruptive behaviors directed towards other players or Relic staff will not be tolerated. These include, but are not limited to, perpetrating, promoting, glorifying, or advocating for anything listed below:

[...]
• Impersonation of any community member, public figure, or Relic staff member.
[...]

https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise/company-of-heroes-3/forums/2-welcome-info/threads/1-company-of-heroes-community-code-of-conduct-code-of-heroes

So no Relic does not seem like a bunch of assholes, but rather just a company that is policing their code of conduct that you agreed upon to play the game. Maybe stop trolling for once.
27 Nov 2021, 07:40 AM

Permanently Banned

https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise/company-of-heroes-3/forums/2-welcome-info/threads/1-company-of-heroes-community-code-of-conduct-code-of-heroes

So no Relic does not seem like a bunch of assholes, but rather just a company that is policing their code of conduct that you agreed upon to play the game. Maybe stop trolling for once.

1) refer to what I said to spanky 2) Separate issue if we even wannna dispute this rule, which name is taken as players, which isnt? you have to be "famous" so then yuor name is instant watermark? Then ban 5 other luvnests and 10 other kimbos in automatch? But that is of course not happening.

So maybe you stop trolling, instead of supporting a 1 -month ban for using a taken username.
27 Nov 2021, 08:49 AM
Donator 22

I saw your stream and found your use of his name childish and stupid.
Is it worth a temporary ban? .... not sure
It might help prevent you and others do stuff like that. That is a good thing.

Reading your response here I think the ban is right, as you still seem to think it is funny or something like that. I do not get it.
And I am sure you have another account, so........how terrible is it really.

MMX
27 Nov 2021, 09:02 AM

Ignoring the question whether it is appropriate to ban someone for using someone else's IGN for a bit, the fact that it is clearly stated in the Code of Conduct as a bannable offense shouldn't leave anyone baffled as to why they get banned if they do it. I mean, this is kind of like driving w/o a license for ages and having the audacity to complain about getting caught one day - sure, a lot of other people are doing it, but the fact that it is poorly enforced doesn't mean it's not punishable. Not to mention calling those who enforce it assholes for doing so.
27 Nov 2021, 10:01 AM

* Impersonation of any community member, public figure, or Relic staff member.

How many people playing as "Dave" got banned when Dave started winning high level matches? I think there were like 27 people playing as Dave. I even had VonIvan ask Dave to change his name on stream because there were too many. I suggested Pearl Fireworks. My suggestion was rejected.

Just using a name (Steam allows you) should not be a ban. That is not necessarily impersonating. I would argue you need to do more than that for a game ban.

In this particular case, Kimbo stated he was streaming and that may have been the nail in the coffin for him. Streaming the impersonation shows intent.
27 Nov 2021, 10:10 AM

Permanently Banned
Sorry for flaming here, now that I have reflection, some stuff I say might be rude. I could put it way way nicer>
27 Nov 2021, 11:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2021, 10:01 AMRosbone
Just using a name (Steam allows you) should not be a ban. That is not necessarily impersonating.

Deliberately changing your name into someone else's, especially a by now well known person's and doing it on stream, is different from coincidentally having the same (generic) name as someone else. This was a deliberate attempt at trolling/impersonation, and the code of conduct clearly states the consequences for doing that. Doing dumb stuff gets you banned.
27 Nov 2021, 12:03 PM

Now I am not responsible for the bans (and the person who is has NDA), so I am mostly restricted to my assumptions, but I am 95% confident they are accurate.

I am pretty sure that this ingame information about the ban is from a pool of pre-written texts that Relic can choose, and I think "playing with a banned cheater's smurf" is not available in that pool :snfPeter:

This Luvnest impersonation was probably 5% of the reason for the ban, so they picked it. If it was even more than these 2 reasons, no idea. I would say "ask Relic" now but to my knowledge, a game developer is not forced to give you the exact reason(s) for a multiplayer suspension *shrug*

I have a little question for you to use your brain my friend, use it sometimes.

you guys have issues with using logical thinking, no offense.

It's really funny that this is coming from you, because that were my thoughts when you decided to team up with a Seeking smurf and even stream it on Twitch. Then play victim afterwards and tunnel vision on the "player impersonation" as the only reason for the ban.

Wtf were you thinking was gonna happen, especially after what you saw in the Inca 4v4 cup two months ago. :rofl: You are lucky if they don't ban you from Master League for a long time.

27 Nov 2021, 12:29 PM
Donator 11

For everyone: it's Relic's rules, follow them.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what you think about their rules or banning tendencies. So yes, that means no more trolling Barton style of other people's usn.
27 Nov 2021, 12:40 PM

Permanently Banned
Now I am not responsible for the bans (and the person who is has NDA), so I am mostly restricted to my assumptions, but I am 95% confident they are accurate.

I am pretty sure that this ingame information about the ban is from a pool of pre-written texts that Relic can choose, and I think "playing with a banned cheater's smurf" is not available in that pool :snfPeter:

This Luvnest impersonation was probably 5% of the reason for the ban, so they picked it. If it was even more than these 2 reasons, no idea. I would say "ask Relic" now but to my knowledge, a game developer is not forced to give you the exact reason(s) for a multiplayer suspension *shrug*

It's really funny that this is coming from you, because that were my thoughts when you decided to team up with a Seeking smurf and even stream it on Twitch. Then play victim afterwards and tunnel vision on the "player impersonation" as the only reason for the ban.

Wtf were you thinking was gonna happen, especially after what you saw in the Inca 4v4 cup two months ago. :rofl: You are lucky if they don't ban you from Master League for a long time.

and you are lucky that with your brain you can properly function and get a job (assuming you have one). And your 95% assumption or whatever, is wrong i had a tag saying kimbo in the window, so its not pre-written. monkey papa, o o a a
27 Nov 2021, 12:46 PM

and there is no rule saying i shall get banned for that

[...]This Code of Heroes, though non-exhaustive, sets out the standards and behavior that we expect from our community. Additionally, we have provided guidance as to how Relic will respond to inappropriate, threatening and/or offensive actions or behaviors.

Relic reserves the right to discontinue provision of the forum and/or any official platform for the Company of Heroes franchise at any time. Further, Relic may remove members and/or content from the game or community where it violates this Code of Heroes.[...]

DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR:

• Impersonation of any community member, public figure, or Relic staff member.

27 Nov 2021, 12:48 PM
27 Nov 2021, 12:49 PM

I meant the "playing with a banned player"

By the clues provided, you've got banned for impersonation of another player, not for playing with another ban avoider.
27 Nov 2021, 12:50 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2021, 12:49 PMKatitof

By the clues provided, you've got banned for impersonation of another player, not for playing with another ban avoider.

yeah, yeah, aerafield claims its 5% reason so im just responding to him.
27 Nov 2021, 12:59 PM

i had a tag saying kimbo in the window

please Kimbo god, help me. I can't find the word Kimbo in here

yeah, yeah, aerafield claims its 5% reason so im just responding to him.

Read again what I wrote, I am not claiming anything. I am assuming. That's a big difference

https://wikidiff.com/claim/assume#:~:text=Claim%20vs%20Assume%20-%20What%27s%20the%20difference%3F%20is,made%20for%20something%20%28eg%20claim%20ownership%2C%20claim%20victory%29.

27 Nov 2021, 13:00 PM

Deliberately changing your name into someone else's, especially a by now well known person's and doing it on stream, is different from coincidentally having the same (generic) name as someone else. This was a deliberate attempt at trolling/impersonation, and the code of conduct clearly states the consequences for doing that. Doing dumb stuff gets you banned.

That is horseshit.

Nothing in the code of conduct states that these rules are only enforced if you stream with a changed name on twitch.

Also you conveniently didn’t talk about the other dudes on ladder who have had the name “Luvnest” for a while. Do they also get banned for impersonating Luvnest?

Furthermore, impersonating someone requires more than just changing your steam name to their own. Kimbo still had his own pfp, twitch name and never claimed to be the actual Luvnest. By your logic, might as well ban people who have claimed in chat to be someone else even if it was tongue in cheek.

I agree with all this.
27 Nov 2021, 13:09 PM

impersonating someone requires more than just changing your steam name to their own.

It requires whatever Relic wants it to require. They reserved the right to judge on a per case basis. Apparently deliberately changing your name on stream is enough. Kimbo's other activities probably didn't exactly help to give him the benefit of the doubt here either.
27 Nov 2021, 13:12 PM

Permanently Banned

please Kimbo god, help me. I can't find the word Kimbo in here

Read again what I wrote, I am not claiming anything. I am assuming. That's a big difference

https://wikidiff.com/claim/assume#:~:text=Claim%20vs%20Assume%20-%20What%27s%20the%20difference%3F%20is,made%20for%20something%20%28eg%20claim%20ownership%2C%20claim%20victory%29.

OK i show you one of my smurfs banned from back in the day, just because im a nice guy.
27 Nov 2021, 13:13 PM

It requires whatever Relic wants it to require. They reserved the right to judge on a per case basis. Apparently deliberately changing your name on stream is enough. Kimbo's other activities probably didn't exactly help to give him the benefit of the doubt here either.

It’s fine to say that Relic decides what is what based on their judgement but please don’t go into details on things you don’t know about what is bannable or not because impersonating someone is a massive grey area and Kimbo has made some good points about it. It’s not black and white at all.
27 Nov 2021, 13:16 PM

Permanently Banned

It’s fine to say that Relic decides what is what based on their judgement but please don’t go into details on things you don’t know about what is bannable or not because impersonating someone is a massive grey area and Kimbo has made some good points about it. It’s not black and white at all.

yes its pretty much like this
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
unknown 18
Germany 15
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W