Login

russian armor

Am I crazy or is relic bunch of assholes?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
27 Nov 2021, 00:10 AM

Permanently Banned
I got banned for using another player name, Luvnest that is, for 1 month. I didn't write anything offensive in game, didn't try to convince anyone that i was in fact luvnest, I've streamed all my games and made a random funny move to change my name to someone else's name, profile pic stayed the same, profile public, past names the same. By this logic hundreds of players using each other's names, and few dozen who use top players names should be banned in the game. Meanwhile I'm the only one banned for that. I get it, I used a "famous" player name, oh that makes sense... So guys you can make a name copyrighted and no one else can use it but you have to be "a famous player" ? I guess so.

I get it, I played with seeking in 2v2 when he's banned in game. Let's not have a whole debate, does seeking maphack or not, if I thought he was maphacking, he'd be out of the wazooo from my friend list and blocked and never played with him. I mention this because some people say this was the "real reason of the ban".

Tell me, am I going crazy here and really I'm the villain. Or there is some really disingenious, unprofessional moderation of our community taking place, without order and any responsiblity for wrongdoings?

27 Nov 2021, 00:12 AM

Playing with someone who has ban evaded and got banned for maphacking really doesn't look good my man.
27 Nov 2021, 00:13 AM

Permanently Banned
Maybe it doesn't "look good" but he is my friend, and there is no rule saying i shall get banned for that. ESPECIALLY established last time someone played with him nobody got banned. so i thought, hey who gives a shit lets play some 2v2 but if you cheat, i don't wann play with you. And let's not deny the fact seeking was top 5 worldwide player by the time he got banned without cheats, we could all witness it on ml finals, and also i feel his skill, that's personally the reason i play with him in first place.
27 Nov 2021, 00:23 AM

Maybe it doesn't "look good" but he is my friend, and there is no rule saying i shall get banned for that. ESPECIALLY established last time someone played with him nobody got banned. so i thought, hey who gives a shit lets play some 2v2 but if you cheat, i don't wann play with you. And let's not deny the fact seeking was top 5 worldwide player by the time he got banned without cheats, we could all witness it on ml finals, and also i feel his skill, that's personally the reason i play with him in first place.

His skill isn't the issue here. It's more the fact that well he's banned, you're playing with someone who's doing a ban evasion and is thus breaking the code he agreed to when he bought the game. You're playing with someone doing this deliberately.

HOWEVER

I believe crossfire,artavick and legio who did the exact same thing while in a tournament without punishment should also be held accountable because it's the exact same thing except you're getting punished for doing it.
27 Nov 2021, 00:31 AM

Permanently Banned
Make it a rule then, you can't play with a banned person, instead of cherry-picking who you ban and who you not ban.
27 Nov 2021, 00:36 AM

I agree. The code of conduct should be updated accordingly and rules should be consistent :)
27 Nov 2021, 00:36 AM

Permanently Banned
Yes but not ex post facto law
27 Nov 2021, 02:11 AM

But who's gonna carry Team Hans this weekend?
27 Nov 2021, 02:39 AM
Benefactor 355

I believe crossfire,artavick and legio who did the exact same thing while in a tournament without punishment should also be held accountable because it's the exact same thing except you're getting punished for doing it.

Blatantly false. Crossfire, Artavick and Legio have all been permanently banned from any community sponsored tournaments. DO NOT PLAY WITH KNOWN CHEATERS!
27 Nov 2021, 02:55 AM
Donator 11

Blatantly false. Crossfire, Artavick and Legio have all been permanently banned from any community sponsored tournaments. DO NOT PLAY WITH KNOWN CHEATERS!

Crossfire cheated? Or you mean he name changed?
27 Nov 2021, 03:03 AM
Benefactor 355

Crossfire cheated? Or you mean he name changed?

No I didn't say that. Contrary to what was said in this thread, there is a clear precedent regarding what happens when anyone plays with known cheaters. Don't do it. It is common sense.
27 Nov 2021, 03:08 AM

Out of those 3 only artavick played in tournaments and hadn't done so for a long while. An actual punishment that would actually affect them like an automatch ban like kimbos should have happen. This wasn't enforced by relic either the community had to step in. Why didn't relic step in then? Why now? It's inconsistent.
27 Nov 2021, 03:08 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

You say you get it and then don't? C'mon man, you impersonate another well known community member for your own shits and giggles, you get what you deserve.
27 Nov 2021, 03:10 AM
Benefactor 355

Out of those 3 only artavick played in tournaments and hadn't done so for a long while. An actual punishment that would actually affect them like an automatch ban like kimbos should have happen. This wasn't enforced by relic either the community had to step in. Why didn't relic step in then? Why now? It's inconsistent.

They all got time bans by relic.
27 Nov 2021, 03:12 AM

They all got time bans by relic.

I was told otherwise.
27 Nov 2021, 03:16 AM
Benefactor 355

I was told otherwise.

Pretty sure Crossfire got a month because he didn't stream for a while and had a quirky twitch title when he came back. For the other two I do not have confirmation, but I heard they also got a month.
27 Nov 2021, 03:30 AM

Alexa, show me an example of desperate flailing
27 Nov 2021, 05:19 AM

I have a scientific question. Is a "bunch of assholes" like a flock of sheep or a pod of whales? Or a bag of dick tips?

Asking for a friend.

Side note: I am not a fan of banning for impersonating unless the person types something in chat saying he is the actual person.
27 Nov 2021, 07:20 AM

the biggest Q is, if seeking is top 5, why in the heck use a maphack? doesnt make sense.

should we also ban Vonivan? cause he is definitely not in the A Team.

should we ban SGadaffi? he is impersonating a dead librarian
27 Nov 2021, 07:22 AM

Permanently Banned

Pretty sure Crossfire got a month because he didn't stream for a while and had a quirky twitch title when he came back. For the other two I do not have confirmation, but I heard they also got a month.

No, they didn't. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Alexa, show me an example of desperate flailing

Would you elaborate, you pathetic little weasel?

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2021, 03:08 AMSpanky
You say you get it and then don't? C'mon man, you impersonate another well known community member for your own shits and giggles, you get what you deserve.

I have a little question for you to use your brain my friend Spanky, use it sometimes. I'm talking about why none of the hundreds of players using other peoples name ever get banned but only me. If it's enough to have only someone name to be impersonating them.

You guys are weird. Literally apart from gaddafi who just had bad info, you guys have issues with using logical thinking, no offense. Actually in a dishonest, damaging way, shame on you guys!
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS