Login

russian armor

Could Officer squad have weapon upgrade?

26 Nov 2021, 23:24 PM

Just hope,maybe all Officer squad could have weapon upgrade?
Soviet Commissar,maybe could have DP or PTRS upgrade.
Ost,G43 or STG44 for Artillery Officer,FG42 for Luftwaffe Officer?
OKW Storm Officer,maybe could have LMG34 or Schreck upgrade?If commander have IRstg44,maybe IRstg could be upgrade for Officer squad?
USF could pick weapon form racks,but I still think could give some different upgrade to USF 3 Officer squad,like LMG or Thomson SMG?
UKF Officer already have LMG,maybe could upgrade Thomson too?I think Thomson squad will more useful when UKF not use commander without close combat unit.
27 Nov 2021, 06:12 AM

UKF officer has an assault rifle. It used to be LMG, now it is a BAR clone.

Commissar, Luftwaffe and Sturm Offizier are already very cost efficient. Adding upgrade to them might make them OP. BTW after OKW guy gets an Pgren STG and OST gets an FG42.

Also 5 men LMG34 "ober" squad with lots of sight is a very bad idea.
27 Nov 2021, 08:36 AM

UKF officer has an assault rifle. It used to be LMG, now it is a BAR clone.

Commissar, Luftwaffe and Sturm Offizier are already very cost efficient. Adding upgrade to them might make them OP. BTW after OKW guy gets an Pgren STG and OST gets an FG42.

Also 5 men LMG34 "ober" squad with lots of sight is a very bad idea.

I think single UKF LMG or full squad Thomson SMG hard to say which better,more choice will be better?
For East front commander squad,maybe upgrade come later will be balance?Also could balance by number of weapons.
OKW StormOfficer not Ober,they bring LMG34 will be normal type,also could limit need deployed T4 same as Ober?At least I wish IRstg could for StormOfficer squad or more commander special squad like JLI or Fusslier if will have new commander.
Just want more choice and make some unit more effect,thanks reply.
27 Nov 2021, 09:04 AM

Commissar gets an extra model at vet 1, comes with grenade

LT/Cap start with Thompson can upgrade with racks with a single weapon. Can upgrade with smoke grenades,HE grenade/Smoke grenade

Sturm officer get a ST44 at vet 5 (a bit late)

Assault Officer can upgrade with Veicker-K and get en extra model at vet 2, comes with a big HE grenade

That leaves the Artillery Field/Luft Officer with the sort and of the stick having both the worse SMG and getting no weapon upgrades/extra entities.

Imo AFO should replace the luger with ST44 as upgrade or a vet bonus so that the unit can contribute more DPS in late. Alternatively "diversion" scale with vet.

Luft officer could start with K-98 instead and upgrade with 2 FG42 or one LMG.

27 Nov 2021, 09:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2021, 09:04 AMVipper
Commissar gets an extra model at vet 1

LT/Cap start with Thompson can upgrade with racks with a single weapon

Sturm officer get a ST44 at vet 5 (a bit late)

Assault Officer can upgrade with Veicker-K and get en extra model at vet 2

That leaves the Artillery Field/Luft Officer with the sort and of the stick having both the worse SMG and getting no weapon upgrades/extra entities.

Imo AFO should replace the luger with ST44 as upgrade or a vet bonus so that the unit can contribute more DPS in late. Alternatively "diversion" scale with vet.

Luft officer could start with K-98 instead and upgrade with 2 FG42 or one LMG.

Agree for AFO and Luft Officer.
IMO Commissar and Sturm Office extra model ……not good enough?
For LT/Cap I think it could have more Thompson / LMG upgrade make them more different and more effect than Riflemen.
27 Nov 2021, 10:03 AM

Agree for AFO and Luft Officer.
IMO Commissar and Sturm Office extra model ……not good enough?
For LT/Cap I think it could have more Thompson / LMG upgrade make them more different and more effect than Riflemen.

Generally speaking about officer I would remove XP sharing from the ones that can fight that would leave Major and maybe Ostheer ones if they stay the same.

Commissar is quite cheap and once vet one punches above his cost so if he becomes better he might need a price increase. Imo being cheaper is better.

Sturm officer has obers K98 main issues is the synergy of luger and K98 and the high XP value.

For UKF assault officer I would rather test a version that is cheaper available earlier and modeled more like assault IS and not commandos.

For USF officer I would rather seem them redesigned completely.

LT model as Cav riflemen having 1+2 Thompsons grenades/on me ability.

Cap more defensive with Ranger M1 He grenade and Rapid barrage/fake rapid barrage (unlock with T3)

Major with Ranger M1, supervision, establish retreat point and "battle field" surveillance using binoculars to get SU-85 type vision.
27 Nov 2021, 10:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2021, 10:03 AMVipper

Generally speaking about officer I would remove XP sharing from the ones that can fight that would leave Major and maybe Ostheer ones if they stay the same.

Commissar is quite cheap and once vet one punches above his cost so if he becomes better he might need a price increase. Imo being cheaper is better.

Sturm officer has obers K98 main issues is the synergy of luger and K98 and the high XP value.

For UKF assault officer I would rather test a version that is cheaper available earlier and modeled more like assault IS and not commandos.

For USF officer I would rather seem them redesigned completely.

LT model as Cav riflemen having 1+2 Thompsons grenades/on me ability.

Cap more defensive with Ranger M1 He grenade and Rapid barrage/fake rapid barrage (unlock with T3)

Major with Ranger M1, supervision, establish retreat point and "battle field" surveillance using binoculars to get SU-85 type vision.

I like those ideas for UKF and USF,and I wish make all commander squad have same weapon,sometimes when pick up slot item and lost some men,slot weapon will replace special unit weapon,like sometimes USF Officer squad only have LT/CPL and have slot items,LT/CPL will replace Thompson by slot item until lost LT/CPL model.Or just make LT/CPL Thompson could pass same as other weapon?
27 Nov 2021, 10:26 AM

I think single UKF LMG or full squad Thomson SMG hard to say which better,more choice will be better?
For East front commander squad,maybe upgrade come later will be balance?Also could balance by number of weapons.
OKW StormOfficer not Ober,they bring LMG34 will be normal type,also could limit need deployed T4 same as Ober?At least I wish IRstg could for StormOfficer squad or more commander special squad like JLI or Fusslier if will have new commander.
Just want more choice and make some unit more effect,thanks reply.

OKW officer has 4 Ober models in his squad, so we have 5 men mg34 squad. Obers are already very effective. Increase a squad size to 5 and it's going to be OP.
In essence all axis Officers and Commissar are support units, not combat units. You have elite infantry and mainline for that.

EDIT my bad, Axis officer does not get an FG42.
27 Nov 2021, 10:27 AM

I like those ideas for UKF and USF,and I wish make all commander squad have same weapon,sometimes when pick up slot item and lost some men,slot weapon will replace special unit weapon,like sometimes USF Officer squad only have LT/CPL and have slot items,LT/CPL will replace Thompson by slot item until lost LT/CPL model.Or just make LT/CPL Thompson could pass same as other weapon?

Think that USF Thompson passing to other entities on death could use some issue since when reinforced that squad would now have to 2 Thompson.

I guess one could change them to work like other squads and simply have 1 Thompson total in the squads...

With my suggestion there would be less need for a change since LT squad would still have 2 Thompson even without the LT entity and Cap would use the same weapons.
27 Nov 2021, 11:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2021, 10:27 AMVipper

Think that USF Thompson passing to other entities on death could use some issue since when reinforced that squad would now have to 2 Thompson.

I guess one could change them to work like other squads and simply have 1 Thompson total in the squads...

With my suggestion there would be less need for a change since LT squad would still have 2 Thompson even without the LT entity and Cap would use the same weapons.

Like Ost G43?I like it.
27 Nov 2021, 14:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2021, 10:03 AMVipper
...main issues is the synergy of luger and K98 and the high XP value...

How so? I've never heard it mentioned before.
27 Nov 2021, 21:06 PM

How so? I've never heard it mentioned before.

Luger loses most of DPS above range 10 and contributes very little at long range so it does not have good synergy with K98 which has good long range DPS.

The XP value of officer is 780 the second highest in game which higher than even shock troops and rangers.
28 Nov 2021, 11:03 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

PPSh41 for Commissar at max vet sounds very thematic and not game breaking. Similarly, AFO could get another MP40 with vet for some more firepower. Most officers who found themselves in combat did get submachine guns anyway.

FG42 for LFO sounds like a bit more of a stretch, but I'd also be 100% down for it just for aesthetics and rule of cool.
28 Nov 2021, 11:16 AM

Another change I would like to see for Ostheer officer would be create more of them. For instance there could be an Panzer officer with the rest of member wearing crew uniforms.

The abilities of these officer could be fine tuned to better suit there new types.

(one could even add an infatry one)
28 Nov 2021, 13:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2021, 21:06 PMVipper

Luger loses most of DPS above range 10 and contributes very little at long range so it does not have good synergy with K98 which has good long range DPS.

The XP value of officer is 780 the second highest in game which higher than even shock troops and rangers.

What do you mean by XP value?
28 Nov 2021, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2021, 21:06 PMVipper

Ah. When you said "synergy", I thought you meant in a positive way.
28 Nov 2021, 14:12 PM

Ah. When you said "synergy", I thought you meant in a positive way.

I can understand the confusion, it was poor wording on my part.

What do you mean by XP value?

XP value determines the XP rewarded for killing a unit.

In most cases it is also a measure of how much XP the units need to gain vete levels. The high XP values means that the S.O. gain vet rather slow.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★