Login

russian armor

Bofors are OP

30 Nov 2021, 11:32 AM

Whoever said that you just need fire commander vs the bofors, that is just stockholm syndrome. You're used to relic forcing you to buy commanders to win certain matchups.

Point is, coh2 is in a bad place and coh3 needs relic to sort their shit out.
30 Nov 2021, 11:38 AM

Whoever said that you just need fire commander vs the bofors, that is just stockholm syndrome. You're used to relic forcing you to buy commanders to win certain matchups.

Point is, coh2 is in a bad place and coh3 needs relic to sort their shit out.

Regular mortars are stock and effective tho.
So is ATG.
You will usually get both of them anyway.
30 Nov 2021, 11:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2021, 11:38 AMKatitof

Regular mortars are stock and effective tho.
So is ATG.
You will usually get both of them anyway.

Brit commander in 2v2 with fortified bofors and mortar side by side in middle of map... gg

I hit their 'nest' with: leig (smoke for volks, and barrage), stuka, rak and even lefh.

That is a lot to hit with, and it's irritating to have the opponent dictate the rules of engagement.

Do you alpha strike and risk opponent hitting invulnerability button? Or space the attacks out for damage over time? Both options feel toothless.

Did you opt not to use incendiary commanders that game? Too bad.

emplacements are hated for a reason, man. You get such a static match, and the inevitable land mattress / centaur push.
30 Nov 2021, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2021, 21:26 PMVipper
Bunker and emplacement are not really comparable, they have very little in common

...except that they are both immobile and have the same units that counter them? Oh yes, they have so little in common.

Flame grenades are more expensive the molotovs.

Seems you deliberately forgot about the side tech cost of Soviet grenades. That is the upfront part of the grenade cost. Somebody like you really should know that, so stop posting misleading arguments.

Emplacements have brace and thus can avoid damage.

The myth about brace. Every half decent player knows how to force brace and destroy emplacement after it wears off. The emplacement can't do anything while brace is active and since repair speed got cut down it is just a delay of the inevitable.

Flame grenades are meant to also counter structures and thus they come with bonus damage modifiers.
The reason OKW got incendiary grenades was their problem to get rid of garrisoned MGs in the early stages of the game. There was no problem for OKW to deal with emplacements. In fact they do much better than Ostheer even without incendiary grenades.

Now I am not sure what it the point of this post.
That soviet have trouble dealing with bunkers?
That OKW can deal with emplacement too easily using grenades?
Or that allies got the sort end of the stick once more?

While OP claimed Bofors beeing too strong it quickly turned out that it is a l2p problem and that emplacement are up if anything. Proof is their practically nonexistence in high level play. I just added that in addition to the counters that exist already flame weapons do an absurd amount of damage to UKF emplacements. Destroying a 780HP emplacement with only two nades that you get automatically at your mainline with your main tech is a little bit idiotic.
30 Nov 2021, 15:37 PM

Brit commander in 2v2 with fortified bofors and mortar side by side in middle of map... gg

I hit their 'nest' with: leig (smoke for volks, and barrage), stuka, rak and even lefh.

Some maps like Baku really suit simcity, but on others you can just leave the camper, rape the other guy with your teammate and then come later to deal with UKF.
Imo leigs work only if bofors is defensive and you want to apply pressure, orif you want to bleed repairing royal engies. Otherwise 2x rak attack ground is the best way to deal with it. And if you more of the offensive guy, most of the time you can deal with the city builder during the counter attack.

At some rank UKF just simply stop building emplacements, because most of the time they are not worth the investment, unless it is a mortar pit behind some durable sight blocker. UKF has plenty of offensive options, so doing this strat is often pretty pointless including mentioned commander.

As for incendiary, e.g. firestorm, it is only worth in 4v4, because the game flow is very stiff there.
30 Nov 2021, 15:42 PM

...Destroying a 780HP emplacement with only two nades that you get automatically at your mainline with your main tech is a little bit idiotic.

A molotov cost to use 20 mu a flame grenades 30 mu.

If one allows VGs to reach throw grenades to his mortar pit he is probably doing something wrong.

Throwing flame grenades to a bofors is not that easy.

Brace exists, there is not myth there.

Now if in your opinion it is idiotic that mainline can take fortification out with with explosives they get automatically, I suggest you start a thread about removing satchel from Penal and heavy gammon bombs from IS because they can do exactly.

As I have pointed out to you already, you are trying to portrait this as flame grenade issues when it is not. Bunker simply have better armor than Emplacements by design.

Once more pls try to toned down the ad hominem argument and the claims of misleading arguments.
30 Nov 2021, 15:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2021, 15:42 PMVipper

A molotov cost to use 20 mu a flame grenades 30 mu.

Since you are doing it again directly after I pointed out that the upfront side tech cost of soviet grenades have to be considered it seems to be pointless to discuss anything with you. Either you are not reading what I write or you are deliberately ignoring it to provoke. I don't know, but that is not the way I want to discuss. I'm out.
7 Jul 2022, 23:25 PM

I ran into one the other night with two squads of Panzer Grenadiers, both having the panzerschreck upgrade. Wasn't looking for it, was trying to find a pesky sherman. They still killed it.

People have mentioned AT guns as counters, as well as mortars, but they have left out the fact that all medium or heavy tanks counter them as well. I'm pretty sure STUGs can outrange them - but I'd have to test it. Additionally if you bait the main guns direction flanking infantry can also deal with them.
8 Jul 2022, 10:36 AM

I ran into one the other night with two squads of Panzer Grenadiers, both having the panzerschreck upgrade. Wasn't looking for it, was trying to find a pesky sherman. They still killed it.

People have mentioned AT guns as counters, as well as mortars, but they have left out the fact that all medium or heavy tanks counter them as well. I'm pretty sure STUGs can outrange them - but I'd have to test it. Additionally if you bait the main guns direction flanking infantry can also deal with them.

yeah the bofors is trash because its somewhat really easy to counter it with a plethora of units that are already being common in the modes that the bofors is made in (3v3/4v4), it doesnt help that most of these units are already being built regardless if and when any given emplacement is made.

However assaulting a bofors with only infantry is difficult to say the least, its very funny if you are on the one using the bofors tho
12 Jul 2022, 11:52 AM

yeah the bofors is trash because its somewhat really easy to counter it with a plethora of units that are already being common in the modes that the bofors is made in (3v3/4v4), it doesnt help that most of these units are already being built regardless if and when any given emplacement is made.

However assaulting a bofors with only infantry is difficult to say the least, its very funny if you are on the one using the bofors tho

Bofors is trash because it's an expensive static shitpile in a game that emphasizes moves and flexible tactics. Same goes for bunkers, command hqs and other shit.

At best, it's a way to hold a far end point against a sneaky cap.
12 Jul 2022, 14:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2021, 09:12 AMtheekvn
Bofor is OP ?. Right, until you know how to deal with it.
For example, Player C3 Tooth had spend thousands of match in COH2 but still dont know how to counter sim city properly.
Until me tell him to use flame barrage from ISG.
:D

OKW has flame barrage in the only one doctrine - feuersturm. It’s not smart, cuz Brit’s has a “brace structure” and this ability really helps. Bofors is OP not because it is impossible for destroying, but OP cuz it’s cheap and give a lot of impact for this cost. You, as AXIS player, should waste a lot of timeto destroy Bofors, which is incomparable with its costs and speed of construction.
12 Jul 2022, 14:20 PM

OKW has flame barrage in the only one doctrine - feuersturm. It’s not smart, cuz Brit’s has a “brace structure” and this ability really helps.

In case you don't know, stuka half-track can fire incendiary rockets which is just as efficient and comes w/o doctrine.

It’s not smart, cuz Brit’s has a “brace structure” and this ability really helps

Please learn to use the ability when brace is on CD. That's the least of control you can do.
12 Jul 2022, 14:33 PM

It isn't OP. Gman decided to resurrect a year old thread for some unknown reason.
12 Jul 2022, 14:53 PM

Why resurrecting a year old thread? Lock it down mods please
12 Jul 2022, 18:25 PM

COH2.org is so dead that even the mods don't care anymore about Necromancy.
13 Jul 2022, 10:51 AM

In case you don't know, stuka half-track can fire incendiary rockets which is just as efficient and comes w/o doctrine.

Please learn to use the ability when brace is on CD. That's the least of control you can do.

you are either a liar because the Stuka is not at all effective against a bofors, or you are an idiot because you do not know how to use the brace structure and your engineers. Maybe you didn't know, but they can repair Bofors!
13 Jul 2022, 11:11 AM

you are either a liar because the Stuka is not at all effective against a bofors, or you are an idiot because you do not know how to use the brace structure and your engineers. Maybe you didn't know, but they can repair Bofors!

Hi is talking about the vet 1 ability that stuka has that does fire damage to emplacements. Getting a stuka to vet 1 is another story.
15 Jul 2022, 09:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2022, 11:11 AMVipper

Hi is talking about the vet 1 ability that stuka has that does fire damage to emplacements. Getting a stuka to vet 1 is another story.

I know what he means, but it doesn't work. This can be checked in cheat mode or with bots, low damage, the British just need to press one button and that's it, nothing complicated. By the way, the timing of Bofors is 5-7 minutes, remind the timing of Stuka, which is ineffective against Bofors. As for me, there is nothing better than anti-tank guns
15 Jul 2022, 10:25 AM

Royal Engineers have a -75% repair speed penalty on braced emplacements. 2 LeIgs with flame barrage delete any emplacement within 2-3 min, just dont use both flame barrages simultaneously but consecutively.

1st flame barrage forces brace, 2nd one 25sec later removes a large amount of HP.

So yeah, these "emplacements too strong" type of posts cant be taken serious at all anymore these days, especially now that LeIg and Mortar Halftrack have access to these strong incendiary strikes.

And even if you dont have Feuersturm, the only thing that changes is that you need a 3rd LeIg ideally if he has more than 1 emplacement
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

New Zealand 54
unknown 23
Germany 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak