Login

russian armor

Penals AT satchel on cooldown.

23 Nov 2021, 16:43 PM

Penals AT package upgrade should start with AT satchel on cooldown.

One thing that it is very anoying in this game is the unit upgrades while fighting, but the penal upgrade is on other level of annoyment.

The situation: while you are persuing unupgraded penals with your vehicles, they get the upgrade, and boom, they snare your tank with their semi-nuclear satchel bomb coming out of nowhere.

Maybe this can be addressed on the next patch?
23 Nov 2021, 17:01 PM

why should the ptrs package ever, EVER come on cooldown? 90% of the time they wont have the opportunity to throw it before it would hypothetically get off CD.

100% your fault at being trash at the game, you should figure out that penals that dont insta retreat will get PTRS package and you SHOULDN'T park right next to them.
23 Nov 2021, 17:16 PM

You have to treat any Penal pushing or staying longer than needed against vehicles as one in the process of upgrading. AT satchel has horrible range even with bulletin so you are being overly aggressive.
23 Nov 2021, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2021, 16:43 PMLeo251
Penals AT package upgrade should start with AT satchel on cooldown.

One thing that it is very anoying in this game is the unit upgrades while fighting, but the penal upgrade is on other level of annoyment.

The situation: while you are persuing unupgraded penals with your vehicles, they get the upgrade, and boom, they snare your tank with their semi-nuclear satchel bomb coming out of nowhere.

Maybe this can be addressed on the next patch?

you can argue the exact same thing about conscripts, riflemen and volks.
"They got access to their snare just as I pushed them with my vehicle"

This is just a non-issue
23 Nov 2021, 20:13 PM

What kind of silliness is this? Should we force Sturmpios and Panzergrens to assemble their Panzershrek after upgrading because I was trying to bully them with my t70 and all of a sudden their weapon upgrade finished?
23 Nov 2021, 20:25 PM

If you park your vehicle on top of a Penal squad, and they stay in the fight for longer than a few seconds, you should definitely start backing the hell up. Upgrade pops are an integral part of gameplay that many players try to use to their advantage. Disregarding it is a player issue.
23 Nov 2021, 20:55 PM

As an off-topic, I'll add that it's worth bluffing your opponent sometimes that you have AT snares ready. Eg: Protecting a LV from a PTRS clown car or you have zero muni due to upgrades. Even the action of sending your mainline towards them can spook even the most experienced of players.
23 Nov 2021, 21:11 PM

As an off-topic, I'll add that it's worth bluffing your opponent sometimes that you have AT snares ready. Eg: Protecting a LV from a PTRS clown car or you have zero muni due to upgrades. Even the action of sending your mainline towards them can spook even the most experienced of players.

additionally, brave and daring players can decide to go into snare range at the first minutes of the game with their m3a1 or UC, before any AT is available, risking their LV but winning the engagement if the enemy doesn't follow up on that snare
23 Nov 2021, 21:14 PM

Makes as much sense as having pshrecks upgrade give them unloaded.
23 Nov 2021, 21:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2021, 21:11 PMKatukov

additionally, brave and daring players can decide to go into snare range at the first minutes of the game with their m3a1 or UC, before any AT is available, risking their LV but winning the engagement if the enemy doesn't follow up on that snare

M3A1 dive only works against OKW as grens have snare at 0:00 and even then not against competent players unless they're sleeping at the wheel. SP will melt your face off and paired volks will swiss cheese it from behind cover. Nvm that you'll get burned so so many times because they did rush that snare unlock. Or you're Artem and running 2 x clown cars for the n000th game and your opponents tailor-make solutions just for you.

Imho UC just gets avoided or shot at from behind heavy cover/buildings until Rak arrives.
24 Nov 2021, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2021, 21:14 PMKatitof
Makes as much sense as having pshrecks upgrade give them unloaded.

Beat me to it, was gonna say exactly this

I'm not even that good and I've dodged pgrens that were trying to get sneaky with upgrade timing
26 Nov 2021, 09:57 AM

PTRS Penals OP I guess
26 Nov 2021, 12:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2021, 21:11 PMKatukov
additionally, brave and daring players can decide to go into snare range at the first minutes of the game with their m3a1 or UC, before any AT is available

That's actually the worst thing to do with the UC, as its stock MG has an inverted DPS profile. It deals the most damage at long range.
26 Nov 2021, 13:06 PM
Donator 11

Sounds like he just get rekt by a surprise Penal upgrade satchel. This is held true for most upgrades in the game; they are all rather surprising.

If you want to talk about AT in particular, well that's every other snare unit in the game.

But every unit doesn't need to be the same and balanced based on each other, true. But not sure why Penal in particular should have a cooldown, it is not OP
26 Nov 2021, 15:32 PM

Sounds like he just get rekt by a surprise Penal upgrade satchel. This is held true for most upgrades in the game; they are all rather surprising.

If you want to talk about AT in particular, well that's every other snare unit in the game.

But every unit doesn't need to be the same and balanced based on each other, true. But not sure why Penal in particular should have a cooldown, it is not OP

AT satchel, unlike most other snares, can cause engine damage most full HP vehicles, so there is a difference.
26 Nov 2021, 15:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2021, 15:32 PMVipper

AT satchel, unlike most other snares, can cause engine damage most full HP vehicles, so there is a difference.

Ot also has the shortest range out of all of them. And it can kill your own squads.
26 Nov 2021, 16:11 PM

Ot also has the shortest range out of all of them. And it can kill your own squads.

and there you have it even more differences
26 Nov 2021, 16:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2021, 16:11 PMVipper

and there you have it even more differences

That's not the point. The AT satchel is not overpowered. If a Penal runs close, just back away to be safe, or take the risk.
26 Nov 2021, 21:48 PM

That's not the point. The AT satchel is not overpowered. If a Penal runs close, just back away to be safe, or take the risk.

I did not claim that AT satchel is overpowered but I pointed out that there are difference with other snares.
27 Nov 2021, 17:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2021, 21:48 PMVipper

I did not claim that AT satchel is overpowered but I pointed out that there are difference with other snares.

Then I suggest you phrase it more clearly since you replied by giving a reason to someone stating that no changes are needed since the satchel is no OP.

If you simply want to point out differences between different snares: This is no the topic of this discussion.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★