Login

russian armor

[Relic][Dev Diary] Core Gameplay Experience

21 Nov 2021, 19:51 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

21 Nov 2021, 21:51 PM

dont take me wrong but it's all the same as coh 1 wen they were doing coh2 well lest see ! wt is publicity and wt will really happen ! maybe more pay to win dlcs lets see !!
21 Nov 2021, 23:56 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

dont take me wrong but it's all the same as coh 1 wen they were doing coh2 well lest see ! wt is publicity and wt will really happen ! maybe more pay to win dlcs lets see !!

Were you there when they announced CoH2? :p Relic has never been this active/transparent, period.
22 Nov 2021, 04:14 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2021, 23:56 PMSpanky

We're you there when they announced CoH2? :p Relic has never been this active/transparent, period.

Agreed.

* Publishing regular diary videos during the development?
* Super early pre-alpha
* 2nd alpha test upcoming
* Involvement with select few core community members from day 1
* Started with a poll from 2017 on CoH 2
* Added funding and success from AoE 4 as well as engine upgrades
* Relative success of AoE 4 also is good news that CoH 3 can also be a great game

Really, the only reason this game should turn out to be terrible is if:

A) players are dumb and don't really know what they want so when they asked for something from Relic it turned out to be bad

B) Relic doesn't listen to the players

Otherwise, in theory the game should be great
22 Nov 2021, 13:34 PM

its true i like the new metod of "open alpha/beta " but dosent mean that wen it was "private " the feedback and bug issues were "done " wt i learn it was all the dlc was meant to be pai to win till they patch and that was something new compared to coh 1 my experience on alpha and beta on coh2 i saw plenty of feedback from good " people" wanted to improved the game systeem and gameplay and got ignored but lets see if the "new team realy its "free" to do the promises and improve the game on coh3

its just my oponion i played since coh released and did my best to give proper feedback like the remaining members of any alpha and beta its just tings happaned i truly hope to see a coh3 free of bureaucracy

just my oponion not raging or any thing !!
23 Nov 2021, 01:07 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

All good man, I wasn't aware of you being around since CoH1, nothing personal. :D

When CoH2 was announced Relic was struggling with their publisher and CoH2 seemed rather rushed. A lot of people left out of frustration. So here's the difference, CoH2 was mostly Relics vision/time pressure and it was too late to make major changes when the community was involved but CoH3 is day 1 community feedback and has had a longer time in development. It is hard to believe it but as I see it we have it pretty good right now. Also AoE4 being a success only helps the process.
23 Nov 2021, 10:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2021, 01:07 AMSpanky

All good man, I wasn't aware of you being around since CoH1, nothing personal. :D

When CoH2 was announced Relic was struggling with their publisher and CoH2 seemed rather rushed. A lot of people left out of frustration. So here's the difference, CoH2 was mostly Relics vision/time pressure and it was too late to make major changes when the community was involved but CoH3 is day 1 community feedback and has had a longer time in development. It is hard to believe it but as I see it we have it pretty good right now. Also AoE4 being a success only helps the process.

Well this is subjective. Some may see the involvement of some tournament players as making the game for themselves. Уxample - many of my friends left CoH2 after the community became involved in creating patches and they began to believe that a bunch of people started making the game for themselves.

And I will try to alleviate this concern. Already, there is a definite tendency for "e-sports" to be seen in Alpha. No abandoned armored vehicles, smashing paratroopers on the ground upon landing, etc. Personally, it was fine for me. But there are a lot of topics about RNG, abandoned armored vehicles and how bad it is for tournaments.
23 Nov 2021, 11:57 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Everything is subjective. I understand your agenda is more to do with certain people for losing fellow gamers, but these people kept the game alive and fresh and did way more for the game than they should. I also come from competitive scene (more so in CoH1 and early CoH2 days) and I'd rather have the game be more consistent than having too much RNG ruin the experience.

It's fine to be concerned, but we only got a glimpse of the alpha which is by no means a finished product. All I am saying is that the way Relic is handling the development is very exciting. Sorry if you don't feel the same way. :(
23 Nov 2021, 13:51 PM

Lets make coh Great again !! ^^
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak