Login

russian armor

OST sniper need nerf.

17 Oct 2021, 23:09 PM

Actually all sniper need more nerf.

I specific to OST sniper because
-They have highest firerate.
-They also have Stun shot that deal aoe damange.

while
UKF sniper = useless after huge nerf.
SOV sniper previously They used to be a counter sniper but
A long time ago It was nerf to 1 men while ost remain same.

It is nearly impossible to catch sniper by infantry due to Its target size.

whatever you do It can be manage to escape or you didn't even can reach to sniper because they was guarded by other infantry especially in high rank gameplay.

the most effective way(without dorctinal) to coutner sniper is use sniper to counter.

the community balance team was try to resolved this issue by many way like put +20% damage to sniper, nerf self spotting range and add movement penalty after shot.However I think a problem of sniper is its target size .
17 Oct 2021, 23:22 PM

for each sniper made, there are 10-30 MG-42s made in its place

protect this endangered species and don't nerf them
Vaz
17 Oct 2021, 23:52 PM

The majority consensus on this forum was that the ost sniper is firing at larger squad sizes, so it should have a high fire rate.
18 Oct 2021, 01:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2021, 23:09 PMvgfgff

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2021, 23:52 PMVaz
The majority consensus on this forum was that the ost sniper is firing at larger squad sizes, so it should have a high fire rate.

.... but ever since the soviet sniper became 1-man, it has the exact same stats like the OST sniper.

Same rate of fire, same aim time.
18 Oct 2021, 01:10 AM

.... but ever since the soviet sniper became 1-man, it has the exact same stats like the OST sniper.

Same rate of fire, same aim time.

someone told me they aren't same stats.
Do you have any table?
18 Oct 2021, 01:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2021, 23:52 PMVaz

Previosly yes.
after other sniper was nerf and mirrored with OST sniper. so currently is NO it shoudn't.
18 Oct 2021, 01:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2021, 01:10 AMvgfgff

someone told me they aren't same stats.
Do you have any table?

IIRC it is half a second difference in cooldown, barely noticable; 3 seconds vs 3.5

aim time & wind down on first shot (the latter where sov sniper is even a tiny bit faster) are much more important than cooldown between shots, as snipers mostly have to stand up and soft retreat after each shot... especially now with the walking speed nerf after firing.
18 Oct 2021, 02:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2021, 23:09 PMvgfgff
Actually all sniper need more nerf.

I specific to OST sniper because
-They have highest firerate.
-They also have Stun shot that deal aoe damange.

while
UKF sniper = useless after huge nerf.
SOV sniper previously They used to be a counter sniper but

It is nearly impossible to catch sniper by infantry due to Its target size.

whatever you do It can be manage to escape or you didn't even can reach to sniper because they was guarded by other infantry especially in high rank gameplay.

the most effective way(without dorctinal) to coutner sniper is use sniper to counter.

the community balance team was try to resolved this issue by many way like put +20% damage to sniper, nerf self spotting range and add movement penalty after shot.However I think a problem of sniper is its target size .

I agree, reduce ost sniper by 1 model
18 Oct 2021, 20:00 PM

Soviet sniper requires a special tech structure to be built, there is not going to have a HMG to support it.
Means usually 1 less squad due to the building price
No Pioneer with superior vision range
No automatic snares with mainline infantry with superior range

Then the soviet sniper effectively fight 4men squad vs Ostheer but Ostheer get the fast 222 and possibility to counter snipe with its own sniper.

I believe at the moment Soviet sniper build is about sniper + M3 to protect it which requires a lot of micro to be effective.

Aside from that USF still cry in the corner with 0 effective counter other than a M20 that is not going to cut it with the quantity of snares available around. But since the Ostheer / Soviet match is balanced I guess it's fine.

18 Oct 2021, 20:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2021, 02:31 AMGGnore

I agree, reduce ost sniper by 1 model

Lulz, this had me rollin

Seriously tho, snipers just got nerfed. I think theyre fine
19 Oct 2021, 12:53 PM

Snipers are a huge investment, thats why they are supposed to be good.

In particular, OST sniper fights against 5, 6 or 7 men squads, while Sov and Brits snipers fight only 4 or 5 men squads. Thats some kind of balance.

19 Oct 2021, 13:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2021, 12:53 PMLeo251

In particular, OST sniper fights against 5, 6 or 7 men squads, while Sov and Brits snipers fight only 4 or 5 men squads. Thats some kind of balance.

not even that...even allies have much more, better und easier options to hunt down a sniper from ost.
19 Oct 2021, 13:54 PM

The sight-range nerf does prevent 1 sniper to counter-snipe the other sniper (given you're on the defensive end of the battle and the offensive sniper has other units in front of it).
19 Oct 2021, 15:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2021, 12:53 PMLeo251

To fight with 4 men or 6 men. It is same. their duty is not wiped squad but sniped 1 men. 1 men mean manpower cost.

They're too good because you can't kill sniper without using other sniper or blobing and ORAAAAAAAAA!!! to kill only 1 sniper.
19 Oct 2021, 16:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2021, 15:53 PMvgfgff

To fight with 4 men or 6 men. It is same. their duty is not wiped squad but sniped 1 men. 1 men mean manpower cost.

They're too good because you can't kill sniper without using other sniper or blobing and ORAAAAAAAAA!!! to kill only 1 sniper.

How much manpower is Grenadier entity and how much is Conscript entity?
19 Oct 2021, 16:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2021, 16:04 PMVipper

How much manpower is Grenadier entity and how much is Conscript entity?

argument falls into the water upon the mention of UKF infantry sections and wehrmacht osttruppen
19 Oct 2021, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2021, 16:33 PMKatukov

argument falls into the water upon the mention of UKF infantry sections and wehrmacht osttruppen

Which argument is that "that falls into the water"?

It has been claim that "To fight with 4 men or 6 men. It is same." which in not true both in the case of grenadier and conscript or in the case of IS and osttruppen. Or in any case where entities have significant different cost.

So what is your point?
19 Oct 2021, 17:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2021, 16:38 PMVipper

Which argument is that "that falls into the water"?

It has been claim that "To fight with 4 men or 6 men. It is same." which in not true both in the case of grenadier and conscript or in the case of IS and osttruppen. Or in any case where entities have significant different cost.

So what is your point?

soviet sniper tech need specific building with need to lost access to MG while OST is in same building as grenadier. yes your argument is falls into water if we talk about penal / IS. and they give 222 to solved that.
19 Oct 2021, 17:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2021, 17:07 PMvgfgff

soviet sniper tech need specific building with need to lost access to MG while OST is in same building as grenadier. yes your argument is falls into water if we talk about penal / IS. and they give 222 to solved that.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2021, 15:53 PMvgfgff

If 1 entity has significantly higher or lower cost how is it the same?

If one squad has to retreat earlier or risk being wiped how is it the same?

What does 222 has do to with anything? as I have already pointed out the exact thing applies to IS and Ostruppen?
19 Oct 2021, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2021, 17:13 PMVipper

If 1 entity has significantly higher or lower cost how is it the same?

If one squad has to retreat earlier or risk being wiped how is it the same?

What does 222 has do to with anything? as I have already pointed out the exact thing applies to IS and Ostruppen?

then you agree it is same.

and I never said It will has same cost.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment