Login

russian armor

Can the stugs stun ability not require vet

12 Oct 2021, 06:39 AM

Many allied abilities that stun like this on mobile platforms like guards button, AEC engin stun, Stuarts point blank engine shot, Firefly's Tulips don't require vet. So I was thinking can we remove the vet requirement for stug 3's maybe at the cost of increasing it's price to 110 fule???? Or maybe slight rework the way AEC works, without vet it's weaker and with vet it is what it is.
12 Oct 2021, 07:32 AM

Sure, what would you prefer in return?
-solution A, where StuG can stun, but does very little armor damage, like guards
-solution B, where you need to be point blank for it to work
or perhaps
-solution C, where it has very little effect and is too risky to use unless vetted up anyway, like AEC?
I suppose solution D, where you need to pay up for an upgrade first and then pay 100 muni to use it every time is also a way.

Stug shot has ZERO downsides. Literally none.
That's why its behind vet.
12 Oct 2021, 08:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2021, 07:32 AMKatitof
Sure, what would you prefer in return?
-solution A, where StuG can stun, but does very little armor damage, like guards
-solution B, where you need to be point blank for it to work
or perhaps
-solution C, where it has very little effect and is too risky to use unless vetted up anyway, like AEC?
I suppose solution D, where you need to pay up for an upgrade first and then pay 100 muni to use it every time is also a way.

Stug shot has ZERO downsides. Literally none.
That's why its behind vet.

A wouldn't make much sense since stugs 75mm cannon isn't an mg, so more like a large pause after it has fired.
C I wouldn't mind this actually, risky to use weaker in effect but still always available.
D That kinda would make stug's borderline op assuming it works like Tulips where the ability does a ton of damage(200 i think or was it 240) on top of a stun.

I'd say C.
12 Oct 2021, 14:06 PM

Stug does not stun, it blinds the crew. Pak40 stuns.
12 Oct 2021, 14:42 PM

How about we don't increase the STUG's fuel cost.
12 Oct 2021, 18:01 PM

Stug gets VET insanely quickly compared to other tanks.

Stug is perfect as is
12 Oct 2021, 18:46 PM

Why is this even remotely necessary?
12 Oct 2021, 18:55 PM

If you went AEC route you could make it so that Vet 0 Stun does the old "useless" 80 damage (or whatever it was) and then at Vet 1 it does the full 160. It's a soft buff where you get a bit more utility but it's not really game breaking because of how situational the ability is.
12 Oct 2021, 22:02 PM

If you went AEC route you could make it so that Vet 0 Stun does the old "useless" 80 damage (or whatever it was) and then at Vet 1 it does the full 160. It's a soft buff where you get a bit more utility but it's not really game breaking because of how situational the ability is.

the AEC ability is useful in the mid/late stages of the game where you point and click on an enemy diving panther and it will inevitably get slowed to a crawl/stunned, and your other tanks are parked, possibly killing the diving tank

provided you are a lawfully good leader and keep your light vehicles alive to be useful for further, right?
12 Oct 2021, 22:31 PM

The usual, failure to use unit properly therefore it needs buffs.
13 Oct 2021, 06:38 AM

I was thinking maybe the activation range on vet 0 is 20/25 range with shorter blind with no damage and vet1 full blind with damage.
13 Oct 2021, 06:44 AM

To have a mobile stun available always. When I play allies I have the option of have mobile vehicle stuns be it guards with dp(always good to have at any stage if you can afford it), AEC/Stuart(not really ideal at late game though), Tulips(Expensive but you can have this and it's under your control). Again at late game mobile stuns that doesn't have an uncontrollable time delay on when can you use it.
13 Oct 2021, 06:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2021, 22:31 PMKatitof

The usual, failure to use unit properly therefore it needs buffs.
Did I say that the unit was lacking m8. You will give me a quote of me from this or any other post where I said the stug sucks. If you don't wanna go through the trouble I will call a shitty ass wipe for the any time you make a comment.
13 Oct 2021, 13:47 PM

To have a mobile stun available always. When I play allies I have the option of have mobile vehicle stuns be it guards with dp(always good to have at any stage if you can afford it), AEC/Stuart(not really ideal at late game though), Tulips(Expensive but you can have this and it's under your control). Again at late game mobile stuns that doesn't have an uncontrollable time delay on when can you use it.

So you want the StUG's ability to be changed to a stun and not a blind then.
13 Oct 2021, 14:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I mean it is not mobile, but the PaK's stun is pretty good.
I'd say Ost has overall decent stopping power available with their PaKs and Fausts, not sure why the StuG blind (/or do you want a real stun?) needs to be available earlier.
On the other hand I also don't think that the change would cause a lot of issues, since the StuG is not a preferred TD anyway.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Peru 24
unknown 9
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak