Login

russian armor

My USF Recon commander rework

2 Nov 2021, 15:28 PM

I don't know if this is calculated from the centre of the vehicle. With grid activated in cheat mode you can see it is only 45 sight range from the front of the M8 and 55 with vet1. This makes scouting pretty dangerous if there are AT-Guns or JPIVs with their own scouting support around.

Vet 1 m8 has 60 sight, not 55. at vet 1 it gets +20% sight range. 50*1.2 = 60.

The vet 3 +30% is weird, as I've never seen it get that bonus. Could be a typo, could be bug (like sight ranges bonuses not staking).
2 Nov 2021, 15:29 PM

Im baffled why every 2 months someone wants to rework Recon Support while being a perfectly viable commander (atleast in 1v1)

4th most played commander in the top200 and 5th overall... seems like the perfect middle ground. Just accept that it doesnt fit your play style or game mode and move on

4th to 5th most choosen commander for commander loadout (doesn't mean it gets played that often) of only nine available commanders in 1vs1. 6th to 9th place out of 9 in other game modes. You are right, seems to be the perfect middle ground. It is only medicore in one game mode and worse in all others.

The only USF commander that ranks below Recon in pretty much any game mode is Mechanized. Thank god they nerfed Sherman 76nmm ROF and took away Bulldozer upgrade in summer after previous WC51 nerf otherwise it would have been used oppressively. At least I know now that I was correct as I called out this changes beeing wrong.
2 Nov 2021, 15:36 PM

The vet 3 +30% is weird, as I've never seen it get that bonus. Could be a typo, could be bug (like sight ranges bonuses not staking).

No, he's right. I used a rak as a range marker and I couldn't see it at all at vet 0, even scooting forward a little bit. Vet I+ had the thing just barely in sight range. Zero sight bonus at vet III.
2 Nov 2021, 15:51 PM

Lady Xenarra already said it (and tested it). If you don't believe I really recommend using the grid in cheat mode. One square is 10 range. You'll see it is barely 55 if at all at Vet1 to Vet3. I really do think the sight gets calculated from the midth of the vehicle. This would mean that smaller units have greater sight if they have the same stats (especially infantry...).
2 Nov 2021, 17:11 PM

Im baffled why every 2 months someone wants to rework Recon Support while being a perfectly viable commander (atleast in 1v1)

4th most played commander in the top200 and 5th overall... seems like the perfect middle ground. Just accept that it doesnt fit your play style or game mode and move on

Maybe it makes more sense when you realize that a majority of the matches played of CoH2 are 3v3, 4v4 modes and it kinda sucks to have such a letdown of a commander in that mode when you've only got a handful to choose from in the first place.
2 Nov 2021, 17:45 PM

Maybe it makes more sense when you realize that a majority of the matches played of CoH2 are 3v3, 4v4 modes and it kinda sucks to have such a letdown of a commander in that mode when you've only got a handful to choose from in the first place.

Im aware that more people play 3v3+ but they also have to understand that not every commander can be viable in every game mode, its just not gonna happen.

Maybe i should advocate massive Ele/JT/ISU buffs cause they are not viable in 1v1... Just leave this commander as it is for the 1v1 plebs like me

2 Nov 2021, 18:09 PM

Lady Xenarra already said it (and tested it). If you don't believe I really recommend using the grid in cheat mode.

I drag-clicked directly on the "0" line. Everything adds up. "Sticking out" vehicle length may be 2 or 3 here, but definitely not 5.

2 Nov 2021, 18:42 PM

USF Recon is fine as it is. The only thing that would be viable doing is making greyhound slightly less AI and more AT. Other than the Greyhound kinda not having a good specialty (well the canister shot can be massive vs clumped blobs), it's a decent enough commander. Especially since the para standardization.
2 Nov 2021, 20:35 PM

I drag-clicked directly on the "0" line. Everything adds up. "Sticking out" vehicle length may be 2 or 3 here, but definitely not 5.

Yeah, i can see. In addition we can see that the sight range is not 60 at Vet1 to Vet3.
2 Nov 2021, 20:50 PM

Yeah, i can see. In addition we can see that the sight range is not 60 at Vet1 to Vet3.

I hate to be that guy but I've played on this map, each line is 5 units... check again.
2 Nov 2021, 22:58 PM

Every purple line is 10 range, while yellow is 5..15..25 etc. Green line is zero line
2 Nov 2021, 23:29 PM

I hate to be that guy but I've played on this map, each line is 5 units... check again.

You are lucky, you won't be that guy. Look at the vetted M8, it stands with its centre over the first line. So it is as I assumed, the range gets calculated from the centre of the vehicle. It will be hit by AT-Guns while scouting for them if your opponent uses scouting tools too. Your effective sight is less than 60 at Vet1. Only infantry models come close to having the sight they should have according to stats.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★