Login

russian armor

AI not building emplacements

6 Oct 2021, 16:43 PM

Hi, everyone- I've noticed that the AI never builds my faction's healing emplacement, or the pack howitzer pit which is based on SneakEye's artillery pit method.

Adding the squads to the list in the economy file hasn't helped, most likely since they're built as entities. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you!
7 Oct 2021, 01:01 AM

Hi, everyone- I've noticed that the AI never builds my faction's healing emplacement, or the pack howitzer pit which is based on SneakEye's artillery pit method.

Adding the squads to the list in the economy file hasn't helped, most likely since they're built as entities. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

Actually, you should add all the emplacement squads and ZERO the utility out since it will interfere with the A.I wanting to order it via squad priority but couldn't.

As for how to induce it, try adding a dummy weapon that's removed by the time it's built.
8 Oct 2021, 17:10 PM

Very interesting, thank you for the insight! Excellent work on your mod as well, by the way.

The dummy weapon approach caused a crash last time I tried it, but I'll see if I can get it right this time.
11 Oct 2021, 15:56 PM

You're welcome, and thanks :)

But yeah emplacements are a hit or miss. The only economy settings that induce building more emplacements are within default_defensive_structure_utility settings, I myself am unable to nudge the A.I to select a certain type of emplacement over the others short of brute force methods (disabling it entirely, not researching bofors upgrade until much later, etc.)

Side note : I've noticed the A.I will build British Forward Assembly a lot even though it does not have a weapon. I even had to brute-disable it for the A.I since they will not use them correctly. I have zero idea why that building is high priority.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 51
unknown 39
Germany 15
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L