Login

russian armor

Should We Increase Mortar damage modifier to MG?

24 Sep 2021, 00:18 AM

The leIG already does that. Instead of a stun, it forces units to go prone messing with cover and firing cycles.

Suppression on indirect was tried and it made the game REALLY stale.

Exactly, with suppression running in and continued fire from infantry kept the suppression active on the enemy whereas with the stun effect it would only be inflicted by the mortar round.
24 Sep 2021, 05:57 AM

The leIG already does that. Instead of a stun, it forces units to go prone messing with cover and firing cycles.

All high explosive and flame damage does / can do that. Though afaik the animations can only trigger on neutral ground and they won't displace units that are standing still in/behind (heavy) cover.
24 Sep 2021, 07:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2021, 23:22 PMVaz

You can fight in smoke with grenades and force firing some weapons. You have options. You can take territory.

My opposite can too.and soviet infantry has lack of good grenade.
(satchel charge are easy to avoid so please don't pull it)
26 Sep 2021, 20:27 PM

Suppression on indirect was tried and it made the game REALLY stale.

Supression was tried on auto fire on a long range indirect that could be parked beside a defense fortress...
If it's done with even a weee bit of thought it could work. For example on barrage only. Then it's not uncountable supression, but player controlled area effect on a cooldown.
Vaz
27 Sep 2021, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2021, 07:55 AMvgfgff

My opposite can too.and soviet infantry has lack of good grenade.
(satchel charge are easy to avoid so please don't pull it)

Are you trying to make a case for soviets not being able to fight in smoke? Tossing a molotov in a smoke screen is exellent, it removes the primary issue with the molotov since the opponent cannot see the slow animation. Then the fire just sits there in the smoke. You can saturate large areas of smoke cover with a fire floor by using multiple squads, which you should be doing anyways. Every Elite soviet team has a frag. Your sniper is fucked, keep him out of it. Got a t70? start force firing. Mortar barrage into smoke, unaffected since it has shit accuracy anyways. What else you need spelled out for you? Launch katyusha barrage into it. T35 force fire. isu force fire. force fire force fire force fire. You can do it.

If there is one valid thing I've heard an axis purist tell me on these forums it's that allied players, but likely just players in general, do not use the bounty of available smoke options to your benefit! Axis troops are best at range, if you need to close the distance, you can smoke the distance and now you have the advantage up close, with no model losses. They moved? Smoke again. They are mounting an assault? Smoke.

Bad for your health, good for your game
28 Sep 2021, 01:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2021, 08:09 AMvgfgff
Mortar should be a hard counter to MG spam but currently It's not. (especially USF vs MG42 spam)
Mortar are relying on RNG and its power is not enough to push MG back before you lost whole territory.

Flanking with Rifleman is still probably the most powerful and also rewarding skill to learn in COH2. Once you learn how to do it, you will never complain about MG's again.
28 Sep 2021, 10:29 AM

Flanking with Rifleman is still probably the most powerful and also rewarding skill to learn in COH2. Once you learn how to do it, you will never complain about MG's again.

When you're skilled and in higher rank . you opposite is skilled player too.
So they know how to counter mortar smoke.that why at my rank I met a lot off assgren tactic.
28 Sep 2021, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2021, 22:08 PMVaz

Are you trying to make a case for soviets not being able to fight in smoke? Tossing a molotov in a smoke screen is exellent, it removes the primary issue with the molotov since the opponent cannot see the slow animation. Then the fire just sits there in the smoke. You can saturate large areas of smoke cover with a fire floor by using multiple squads, which you should be doing anyways. Every Elite soviet team has a frag. Your sniper is fucked, keep him out of it. Got a t70? start force firing. Mortar barrage into smoke, unaffected since it has shit accuracy anyways. What else you need spelled out for you? Launch katyusha barrage into it. T35 force fire. isu force fire. force fire force fire force fire. You can do it.

If there is one valid thing I've heard an axis purist tell me on these forums it's that allied players, but likely just players in general, do not use the bounty of available smoke options to your benefit! Axis troops are best at range, if you need to close the distance, you can smoke the distance and now you have the advantage up close, with no model losses. They moved? Smoke again. They are mounting an assault? Smoke.

Bad for your health, good for your game

after mid game. there have no problem about MG. but in early I do. when lost in early next is get snowballed.
29 Sep 2021, 11:13 AM

The problem of buffing mortar is, as it was about 2 years ago, the game will become mortar-of-heroes. Simply spamming 2-3 mortar will be a meta-of-a-choice for all 1v1 ~ 4v4.

And trust me, it is not fun to play with, or play against with.
29 Sep 2021, 12:21 PM

Also I just want to take a short aside to say that it would very much make sense for mortars to negate directional cover because the explosions can happen behind the squad.

Would it be balanced? Nah probably not, but just saying.
29 Sep 2021, 12:54 PM

i suggest increase the HMG ,mortar AT manpower upkeep or the HMG MORTAR AT Crew dead,HMG MORTAR AT destroy.
the 4v4 is become HMG mortar spam
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS