Login

russian armor

Why is the Pak 43 allowed to shoot through obstacles?

17 Sep 2021, 13:50 PM

But that ability makes no sense because you won't build your immobile 17pdr behind a shoot-blocker to only use this ability from then on for 60mu each time you use it. You'll always build it with open shooting field

There's not a single point on any map with 80 range of open space in all directions. You usually build a 17 pounder in a spot that has plenty of direct LOS, but there are plenty of cases where the world piercing shots ability can come in handy because the enemy is on one of the flanks or whatever, behind shot blockers. Most maps are designed to have big shot/sight blockers to divide up the open spaces specifically to limit the effectiveness of long range direct LOS weapons, where world piercing can give you an advantage every now and then.
17 Sep 2021, 16:21 PM

There's not a single point on any map with 80 range of open space in all directions. You usually build a 17 pounder in a spot that has plenty of direct LOS, but there are plenty of cases where the world piercing shots ability can come in handy because the enemy is on one of the flanks or whatever, behind shot blockers. Most maps are designed to have big shot/sight blockers to divide up the open spaces specifically to limit the effectiveness of long range direct LOS weapons, where world piercing can give you an advantage every now and then.

I would say at the middle of Vielsam. But yeah of course there is always some spot with a shot blocker. On the other side many of that shot blockers are not in an angle that count that much so its very situational. I can think of abilities that woulfd fit the 17pdr better. But the 17pdr is one of the least problems for brits... missing rocket artillery... cough, cough.. :-P
18 Sep 2021, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2021, 22:37 PMKatukov

no, 17pdr cant shoot through terrain but has increased durability to compensate
how does the durability compensate aiming at a tank from behind a all. i rather shoot the tank then be some big target that has to brace making me no longer in the fight. and is it more durable though. its hard to target the pak43 with long range arty or whatever to break the gun. on a 17 pounder its going to break pretty fast cuz its a big target and the whole thing is basically the gun which always been wierd. i rather 17pounder be decrewable to so atleast i can try to fix it up again
21 Sep 2021, 12:34 PM

17pdr is non-doctrinal and doesn't require an (optional) upgrade so its hard to compare with the Pak43 taking up a doctrine slot.

Not to mention that Pak43 will fight against Pack Howie, katyusha, M8 mortar carriage, mortars (possible 120mm), and mortar pits. While at most the 17pdr will go against IG, mortars, and stuka. The 17pdr needs its survivability to face off against heavy German cat tanks like Panther, Tiger and KT. While all Pak43 has to do is land one good shot on a Allied medium or TD and then it will back off.

Can't compare the both since they face different stuff. 17pdr is arguably the more defensive focused gun while the Pak43 is the more offense focused gun through superior firepower.

I think the shooting through obstacle is fine. It wouldn't be worth a doctrine slot without it.
22 Sep 2021, 22:31 PM

how does the durability compensate aiming at a tank from behind a all. i rather shoot the tank then be some big target that has to brace making me no longer in the fight. and is it more durable though. its hard to target the pak43 with long range arty or whatever to break the gun. on a 17 pounder its going to break pretty fast cuz its a big target and the whole thing is basically the gun which always been wierd. i rather 17pounder be decrewable to so atleast i can try to fix it up again

You cannot recrew a gun if the pak43 is destroyed and most allied call-arty will kill the pak instantly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 38
United Kingdom 5
Germany 34

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak