Login

russian armor

OKW teching clarity

14 Sep 2021, 11:09 AM

Since the split of Battlegroup HQ with intention to make healing more affordable, it brought faction much requested teching flexibility, but...brought a lot of confusion as well

Patch notes:

Here is an example of convolution:

full sized image
As we can see that KT requirements are the correct one. You need Mechanized Battlegroup HQ for it, not just converted one. But what do we see for Panzerfaust? Just any converted HQ. So apart from KT and HMG34, other requirements are wrong, because you won't get access to faust or STG package by just converting mentioned HQ, you need additional upgrade for it.

I understand for players who played enough OKW this is not an issue, but unfortunately it is for new players, or players who are just starting to learn OKW.
Also Mechanized Battlegroup HQ name kind of collides with actual Mechanized Regiment HQ.

Solution:

Give different names for every stage of the Battlegroup. E.g. name initial HQ as Forward HQ and then convert it to Battlegroup HQ to access abilities and light armor. Also since some units were visually redesigned after resent patch, would be nice if those HQ looked differently giving players clues for HQ's stage.
MMX
14 Sep 2021, 16:42 PM

a really good suggestion imho. while most players should have gotten used to this by now already, i can imagine the confusion of people who picked up the game fairly recently. should also not take too much to implement.
16 Sep 2021, 10:05 AM

I would like OKW tech change like USF,Battlegroup HQ and Mechanized HQ both have 2 phase and unlock Panzer HQ like USF have 1x fully upgrade HQ or 2x phase 1 HQ....
16 Sep 2021, 11:35 AM

That's a good idea. Definitely could be made a bit more clear. Multiple names associated with one building is potentially more confusing though.

Perhaps in addition to the language being made clearer the text in the tooltip for each requirement element could turn green when you have fulfilled it ?

Always felt like the truck should have all the deployment costs of the various HQ's displayed when you mouse over it before calling it in as well.
16 Sep 2021, 11:42 AM

Imo all upgrades and tech bonus like reinforce discount should be move to HQ building so that player has easier access to all that info.
18 Sep 2021, 07:10 AM

I would like OKW tech change like USF,Battlegroup HQ and Mechanized HQ both have 2 phase and unlock Panzer HQ like USF have 1x fully upgrade HQ or 2x phase 1 HQ....

Yeah, this is on way you could approach it. Rather then renaming phases of the HQ, approach it the same way as Shwere - instead of "Mechanize" upgrade name it as "Battlegroup Authorization". So for HMG you just need any conversion, but for Faust, infantry upgrades and KT you need Authorization.
18 Sep 2021, 09:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2021, 11:42 AMVipper
Imo all upgrades and tech bonus like reinforce discount should be move to HQ building so that player has easier access to all that info.

Maybe could keep upgrade even HQ build cost,like lost T4,only need buy new HQ truck and free deploy.
18 Sep 2021, 09:48 AM

Maybe could keep upgrade even HQ build cost,like lost T4,only need buy new HQ truck and free deploy.

I was talking more about the display of upgrades and bonus which can be a bit confusing to navigate.

For instance ostheer reinforcement bonus comes T4 and the user can not see unless he actually build the T4. If the icon was moved in T0 then it would be more player friendly.

In similar manner the Soviet one is available in T3 and free in T4 if the icon was move to T0 it might become easier to see and explain. Maybe there could be a separate tab in HQ that has all the upgrade (non related to the building itself)/bonus.
21 Sep 2021, 03:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2021, 09:48 AMVipper

I was talking more about the display of upgrades and bonus which can be a bit confusing to navigate.

For instance ostheer reinforcement bonus comes T4 and the user can not see unless he actually build the T4. If the icon was moved in T0 then it would be more player friendly.

In similar manner the Soviet one is available in T3 and free in T4 if the icon was move to T0 it might become easier to see and explain. Maybe there could be a separate tab in HQ that has all the upgrade (non related to the building itself)/bonus.

The only issue I see with this is that the UI could get crowded but afaik most T0 buildings have plenty of grid space for such info.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★