Login

russian armor

CoH3 multiplayer alpha soon

PAGES (7)down
Pip
1 Dec 2021, 14:34 PM

"The Multiplayer Pre-Alpha will be testing servers located in North America, Europe, and Asia. "

Ok but what other regions will be available at release? Why aren't all regions available for testing now?

I don't trust that Relic will maximise server availability for players across the world.

North America, Yurop, and Asia have the largest concentration of players. Limiting servers to these areas makes a lot of sense during testing, as they do cost a significant sum to run.

I'd imagine ME and Oceana might be available upon release, but we'd have to wait and see.
1 Dec 2021, 22:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

It's been difficult to get an online game in the Oceana region.
10 Jun 2022, 00:53 AM
Patrion 310

EDIT: Rosbone has legit concerns. He might not take the most diplomatic approach to getting his points across (lol) but it is in all of our interests that the matchmaking system is better than what COH2 currently offers. Defending it in its current state and accepting the status quo is effectively the same as saying "I don't care if I have to play against people that are hundreds to thousands of ranks better/worse than me" - you do you if you think that creates fun games.

I think Rosbone has legit concerns just misunderstood by narrow-minded fans that don't understand they are prey as passion is very easy to exploit.
With knowledge about the dark side of the gaming industry, it's easy to feel hopeless about the future.
People tend to forget that they are living on a prison planet where tyranny and evil (hyenas that deserve some ass whooping) preying on the "weak"/disempowered are the norms.

Is humanity weak? absolutely not.
disempowered, divided and mislead? Yes, but not weak.

The disempowerment works like The Wizard of Oz: Pay No Attention (stealing your power through trickery and deception)

Uncomfortable truth?

We are far beyond polite diplomacy and holding hands singing kumbaya. A complacent community is just too vulnerable to abuse and exploitation.

For proof of this; go compare Fifa sheep with The Star Wars: Battlefront II loot box drama.
One community behaved like complacent sheep for years, and the other had the backbone to set some boundaries.
Without the Star Wars pushback, the majority of the PC gaming industry would copy the same predatory business practices as Fifa. We all owe our gratitude to Star Wars fans for leading by example.
This loot box drama was one of those pivotal moments in gaming history.
The gaming industry is rotten to its core. The downfall is real.

For some proof of this wickedness. Watch this excellent video from Bellular News that should be need-to-know for both devs and fans.

Bellular News | This Is SERIOUS: The Industry’s Evil Is Out Of Control

Wake up sheeple and learn to set some boundaries.
Are you prey (sheep) or the hunter (learning to be a tiger)?

Are there good guys and/or white hats within the gaming industry? sure.
Unfortunately, the majority are just pawns.
Now to be fair, Sega/Microsoft is not the worst publisher out there, but they are not the good guys either.

Old school Blizzard is a good example of 'good guys' that fell into the trap of complacency. As a result, the company was taken over by two-faced evil leaders.

The current playbook/propaganda machine;
EVIL disguised as VIRTUE.

Start investigating all the disingenuous corporate virtue signaling as "enemy camouflage" and you'll begin to see the hostile takeover as it takes place in real-time.

Sorry, if I sound pessimistic.
But I won't sugar-coat this, either team humanity learns to fight back or you'll be treated as a slave.
For millions of people and soon-to-be spiritual warriors, this evil is not a theory, we know from personal experience this is reality.
This is an all-out spiritual conflict first, and a physical conflict second.

Also, the woke virus is playing many good devs like a fiddle. EVIL disguised as VIRTUE.
As usual, it’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they’ve been fooled.
In the light of truth how many really want to be a slave to the woke virus?.
Time will tell.

Quote and source;
Babylon Bee CEO Seth Dillon: The problem of “wokeness,” specifically, you mentioned that’s like a “mind virus” and it’s destructive. Why do you think “wokeness” is so destructive?

Musk: I’m interested in your opinions too, but, you know, like, I mean generally, I think we should be aiming for, like, a positive society and, you know, that it should be ok to, you know, be humorous, like, you know, like we should, we should like, like “wokeness” basically wants to make comedy illegal, which is not cool.

Dillon: We’ve experienced a little bit of that.

Musk: I mean, like [Dave] Chappelle, what the (censored)? I mean, trying to shut down Chappelle? Come on man. That’s crazy. So, you know, so do we want a humorless society that is simply rife with condemnation and hate, basically.

Dillon: And no forgiveness, right? Hmm.

Musk: Yeah. At its heart, “wokeness” is divisive, exclusionary, and hateful. It basically gives mean people a reason, it gives them a shield to be mean and cruel,

10 Jun 2022, 18:02 PM

I think Rosbone has legit concerns just misunderstood by narrow-minded fans that don't understand they are prey as passion is very easy to exploit.
With knowledge about the dark side of the gaming industry, it's easy to feel hopeless about the future.
People tend to forget that they are living on a prison planet where tyranny and evil (hyenas that deserve some ass whooping) preying on the "weak"/disempowered are the norms.

Is humanity weak? absolutely not.
disempowered, divided and mislead? Yes, but not weak.

The disempowerment works like The Wizard of Oz: Pay No Attention (stealing your power through trickery and deception)

Uncomfortable truth?

We are far beyond polite diplomacy and holding hands singing kumbaya. A complacent community is just too vulnerable to abuse and exploitation.

For proof of this; go compare Fifa sheep with The Star Wars: Battlefront II loot box drama.
One community behaved like complacent sheep for years, and the other had the backbone to set some boundaries.
Without the Star Wars pushback, the majority of the PC gaming industry would copy the same predatory business practices as Fifa. We all owe our gratitude to Star Wars fans for leading by example.
This loot box drama was one of those pivotal moments in gaming history.
The gaming industry is rotten to its core. The downfall is real.

For some proof of this wickedness. Watch this excellent video from Bellular News that should be need-to-know for both devs and fans.

Bellular News | This Is SERIOUS: The Industry’s Evil Is Out Of Control

Wake up sheeple and learn to set some boundaries.
Are you prey (sheep) or the hunter (learning to be a tiger)?

Are there good guys and/or white hats within the gaming industry? sure.
Unfortunately, the majority are just pawns.
Now to be fair, Sega/Microsoft is not the worst publisher out there, but they are not the good guys either.

Old school Blizzard is a good example of 'good guys' that fell into the trap of complacency. As a result, the company was taken over by two-faced evil leaders.

The current playbook/propaganda machine;
EVIL disguised as VIRTUE.

Start investigating all the disingenuous corporate virtue signaling as "enemy camouflage" and you'll begin to see the hostile takeover as it takes place in real-time.

Sorry, if I sound pessimistic.
But I won't sugar-coat this, either team humanity learns to fight back or you'll be treated as a slave.
For millions of people and soon-to-be spiritual warriors, this evil is not a theory, we know from personal experience this is reality.
This is an all-out spiritual conflict first, and a physical conflict second.

Also, the woke virus is playing many good devs like a fiddle. EVIL disguised as VIRTUE.
As usual, it’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they’ve been fooled.
In the light of truth how many really want to be a slave to the woke virus?.
Time will tell.

Quote and source;

this is a forum about a videogame dude
22 Jun 2022, 06:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2021, 14:34 PMPip

North America, Yurop, and Asia have the largest concentration of players. Limiting servers to these areas makes a lot of sense during testing, as they do cost a significant sum to run.

I'd imagine ME and Oceana might be available upon release, but we'd have to wait and see.

It really doesn't need to cost them much if relic is using elastic compute to scale their servers up and down in cloud regions. Low population regions will simply scale down and be very cheap. They can even have popular regions on a fixed-cost plan and low pop regions be auto-scaled.

They could easily add a function to matchmaking that says, if your current region is barren right now then search in next region with lowest ping.

The most 1980's thing about coh2 is its matchmaking, that HAS to change.
22 Jun 2022, 09:29 AM

It really doesn't need to cost them much if relic is using elastic compute to scale their servers up and down in cloud regions. Low population regions will simply scale down and be very cheap. They can even have popular regions on a fixed-cost plan and low pop regions be auto-scaled.

They could easily add a function to matchmaking that says, if your current region is barren right now then search in next region with lowest ping.

why are you talking like lelic was actually a competent company?
23 Jun 2022, 19:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2022, 15:47 PMRosbone

Rosbone, what is your opinion of the matchmaking issue?
23 Jun 2022, 23:03 PM

Rosbone, what is your opinion of the matchmaking issue?

I am not worried about the matchmaking in Coh3, Relic has their top man on the case!

Not sure if he knows much about coding and servers but he can bend steel and shit with his bare hands. Just dont get your fingers near his mouth and you will be fine.
26 Jun 2022, 06:02 AM

Does not necessarily fit into this thread, but a new one is not worth it.
I'm not playing anything right now and would love to play CoH3 again in the future.
I have a 3070 and would like to get a 4k monitor. Anyone had any experience with this in the past beta?
Would 50+ FPS be possible, more likely not?
Does COH3 get DLSS upscaling tech, is there anything known?
Thanks
28 Jun 2022, 02:35 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2022, 06:02 AMcyso
Does not necessarily fit into this thread, but a new one is not worth it.
I'm not playing anything right now and would love to play CoH3 again in the future.
I have a 3070 and would like to get a 4k monitor. Anyone had any experience with this in the past beta?
Would 50+ FPS be possible, more likely not?
Does COH3 get DLSS upscaling tech, is there anything known?
Thanks

It wasn't that hard to run, I'd expect it to be stable 60fps at 4k with a 3070.

AoE4 does not have DLSS so CoH3 will also likely not have it.
28 Jun 2022, 16:22 PM

EDIT: Rosbone has legit concerns. He might not take the most diplomatic approach to getting his points across (lol) but it is in all of our interests that the matchmaking system is better than what COH2 currently offers. Defending it in its current state and accepting the status quo is effectively the same as saying "I don't care if I have to play against people that are hundreds to thousands of ranks better/worse than me" - you do you if you think that creates fun games.

Me when I tell people buying Coh3 is supporting Relics decision to abandon Coh2. They wont fix the match making but Holeee Sheet drop everything if some portrait has a couple of tiny S letters next to each other. Relic = worst management ever in any company ever. I personally hoped Duffy was the guy making the COH experience so bad. But he has left and here we sit. It is some other tard above him. He may have been an unsung hero fighting for us all along.

This mysterious tard who needs to be fired and is single handedly killing off the whole IP. Other games would kill to have the community Coh2 has with tourneys and streamers etc. Just insane that these so called "professionals" at Relic have no clue what they are doing in their jobs. Living in an echo chamber bubble is dangerous. Please someone at Relic out this weirdo so we can cancel their ass on social media and finally be rid of this cancer.
28 Jun 2022, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2022, 16:22 PMRosbone

Me when I tell people buying Coh3 is supporting Relics decision to abandon Coh2. They wont fix the match making but Holeee Sheet drop everything if some portrait has a couple of tiny S letters next to each other. Relic = worst management ever in any company ever. I personally hoped Duffy was the guy making the COH experience so bad. But he has left and here we sit. It is some other tard above him. He may have been an unsung hero fighting for us all along.

This mysterious tard who needs to be fired and is single handedly killing off the whole IP. Other games would kill to have the community Coh2 has with tourneys and streamers etc. Just insane that these so called "professionals" at Relic have no clue what they are doing in their jobs. Living in an echo chamber bubble is dangerous. Please someone at Relic out this weirdo so we can cancel their ass on social media and finally be rid of this cancer.

Agreed. Basically COH2 took all the wrong decisions one after another:
>be 2006
>release one of the best rts games of 2000s
>all's good man
>release two nice and commercially succesful expansion packs
>wait until 2013
>release a stylistically awesome and addictive coh2 game but poorly balanced
>abandon ship mid-cycle and decide to cash in on the coh2 copyright by releasing two idiotic expansions
>fire your best designers or lose them by having them quit
>decide to literally give the reins to a "mod" """""""team"""""""" to balance the game and keep it alive
>coh2 becomes dog shit from poor updates
>???
>invite a couple of new people and have them make a coh3
>new people have 0 clue of what the fuck coh3 is supposed to be
>decide to make it like a cheap mobile p2w clash of clans clone
>release 2023
29 Jun 2022, 00:03 AM

To be honest I'm not certain why such low-quality posting was even allowed to continue.
29 Jun 2022, 07:19 AM

What I'm worrying is that Relic didn't release any dev talk about multiplayer yet.
29 Jun 2022, 07:52 AM

To be honest I'm not certain why such low-quality posting was even allowed to continue.

and in the other thread i said the most effective loiter was [person's] mom over the buffet table and that was moderated
1 Jul 2022, 05:58 AM
1 Jul 2022, 07:21 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I've gone thru the transition from CoH to CoH2. YIKES. So many left cause the game had failed to deliver and it took years to become what it is today. Playing both Alpha builds, CoH3 is already better than CoH2 was in its beta/release. This time the transition will be better I am sure.
1 Jul 2022, 10:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2022, 07:21 AMSpanky
I've gone thru the transition from CoH to CoH2. YIKES. So many left cause the game had failed to deliver and it took years to become what it is today. Playing both Alpha builds, CoH3 is already better than CoH2 was in its beta/release. This time the transition will be better I am sure.

Agreed. Obviously constructive criticism is great, in the long term it will only make the third game better.

That said, I was surprised at how many people have said that they're 'worried' about an early pre alpha for 3. I remember how awful Coh2 was on release. It was so poorly optimised and clunky.
4 Jul 2022, 04:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2022, 07:21 AMSpanky

Yea. At the time of CoH2's release, I was a massive fan of CoH1 - it was by far my most-played game at the time, so I was incredibly excited for the sequel. However, after playing the betas, I didn't pick up CoH2 at release; in fact I ended up waiting about a year, when I had heard it was a fair bit better (and on sale). It's gone on to be my most played game (eclipsing even CoH1), but that transition was rough - and getting the game into it's current state took a lot of effort from the community.

CoH3's alphas, on the other hand, seem about equal to where CoH2 is now (for the most part - minus obvious "alpha" features), which means the transition will hopefully be very smooth, and it'll be easier to develop the game to be even better with the community. More importantly, it seems like they're really focusing on community feedback, which is excellent to see.

That said, I was surprised at how many people have said that they're 'worried' about an early pre alpha for 3. I remember how awful Coh2 was on release. It was so poorly optimised and clunky.

Unfortunately there's still a fair bit of uncertainty; what we've seen is a good framework, but there are areas which could either be much better (or much worse) at release. An optimist will hope for the best, a pessimist will expect the worst, and I think that's what we're seeing.

That said, my biggest concern is around match-making. CoH2's match-making is pretty rough (especially in team games), and what little we've seen so far didn't exactly inspire hope (that said, the open MP-Alpha didn't have much time to earn ranks, and I don't think they said it was enabled, either). The lack of discussion and information around match-making is also quite concerning. While I'm looking forward to playing CoH3, the prospect of playing games which match top ~200 players with ~5000 rank players isn't an enticing one; it's a poor experience for everyone. Furthermore, for me, MM quality has been what's caused me to take multiple long breaks over the years; without improvements, I can't see myself investing as much time into this one.
4 Jul 2022, 23:08 PM

can anyone remember how the online infrastructure worked at coh2 release? i remember trying to play with a friend and we only had errors and logoffs

it got patched in early 2014 with dedicated servers or something i think
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight