russian armor

CoH3 multiplayer alpha soon

PAGES (7)down
12 Sep 2021, 00:47 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

In the end of this video: "MP alpha in the not too distant future"

October I'm calling it, YEA BOY. :banana:
12 Sep 2021, 03:35 AM

Nah, it will be december and we will get MP alpha as a holiday gift.

Because pretty much:

Everything here untill december is somewhat based on multiplayer. In september we will get WH concept, in octorber UKF concept, in november full USF\UKF battlegroups, multiplayer maps and matchmaking.
12 Sep 2021, 05:45 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Maybe not December but in November then.
12 Sep 2021, 08:57 AM

So hyped, even knowing it's gonna be a buggy mess :D
12 Sep 2021, 09:51 AM
Director of Social Media Badge

David Littman (Executive Producer), during CoH 3's announcement day (13 July), talked about next year for the next Pre-Alpha Preview.
12 Sep 2021, 10:12 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

The timestamp you have doesn't exactly say next year, but seeing from the roadmap image that MP stuff is being revealed in November makes me hopeful that they will let us test the build then(or sooner).
12 Sep 2021, 10:39 AM
Director of Social Media Badge

David Littman literally said in the video (timestamp is right - works on PC):
[...] so over the next year and a bit we're gonna do more of these Pre-Alpha previews and some of them will be focused on player versus player and multiplayer [...]

I'll be happy if it comes sooner. ^^
12 Sep 2021, 11:41 AM

Actually there are announcement dates on the roadmap, 20-21 of sep\nov\dec. So pretty much we either will get it in early Dec or in Jan\Feb 2022.
12 Sep 2021, 16:21 PM

David Littman literally said in the video (timestamp is right - works on PC):

I'll be happy if it comes sooner. ^^

"Over the next year or so" means "over the next 365 days or so" here. It doesn't refer to the calendar year from my understanding of english.
12 Sep 2021, 16:21 PM

David Littman (Executive Producer), during CoH 3's announcement day (13 July),
"Building on our current Coh2 server tech we will create a much more varied experience for users by limiting some users to only Kettenkrads. While others will have King Tigers available. So every game will be a completely unique and horrifying experience that will bring players closer to the actual feels of WW2."
12 Sep 2021, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2021, 16:21 PMRosbone
David Littman (Executive Producer), during CoH 3's announcement day (13 July),
"Building on our current Coh2 server tech we will create a much more varied experience for users by limiting some users to only Kettenkrads. While others will have King Tigers available. So every game will be a completely unique and horrifying experience that will bring players closer to the actual feels of WW2."

link
12 Sep 2021, 20:05 PM

To be honest i was expecting a custom commanders in coh3.

Not sure about this system. It seems more interesting than coh1 and coh2 but it's very possible that it will cause a very powerfull wombo-combo abuse strats especially annoying at the release of the game (and probably at least full first year before major balance patches).

Pip
12 Sep 2021, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2021, 20:05 PMStark
To be honest i was expecting a custom commanders in coh3.

Not sure about this system. It seems more interesting than coh1 and coh2 but it's very possible that it will cause a very powerfull wombo-combo abuse strats especially annoying at the release of the game (and probably at least full first year before major balance patches).

Custom Commanders are far more likely to cause "Wombo Combo" issues than the system they appear to be going for.
13 Sep 2021, 09:00 AM

You guys are right there are very exciting times ahead!
13 Sep 2021, 09:42 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Rosbone trolling at its finest :D
13 Sep 2021, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2021, 09:42 AMSpanky
Rosbone trolling at its finest :D

:D

Well to tell the truth I am all for being excited about Coh3. I really want it to be great.

But the current state of the matchmaking(MM) makes me think:
  • "Who in their right mind would care about Coh3 if its just going to be a complete mess like the current MM is?"
  • "Who gives a shit what the commander system is if the game is completely unplayable like Coh2 is now?"
  • Who cares what pretend OP tank will be included when 80% of the time the game will be over before it can even be made because the MM is completely broken?"

Are you beginning to sense a theme?

My ranks have gone all over the map since 80-90% of games are unplayable garbage. But that is just me. But when I see streamers with titles like "Relic Bukake MatchMaking sucks ass" and these players who were once Level 15-16 are now Level 6 or 7, I think this game is dead. Coh3 is dead. Relic has finally killed their own brand.

RELIC: you cant build a third story building on top of a rickety thatched building. Fix your shit or sell the IP to someone who cares.
13 Sep 2021, 21:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2021, 20:03 PMRosbone

:D

Well to tell the truth I am all for being excited about Coh3. I really want it to be great.

But the current state of the matchmaking(MM) makes me think:
  • "Who in their right mind would care about Coh3 if its just going to be a complete mess like the current MM is?"
  • "Who gives a shit what the commander system is if the game is completely unplayable like Coh2 is now?"
  • Who cares what pretend OP tank will be included when 80% of the time the game will be over before it can even be made because the MM is completely broken?"

Are you beginning to sense a theme?

My ranks have gone all over the map since 80-90% of games are unplayable garbage. But that is just me. But when I see streamers with titles like "Relic Bukake MatchMaking sucks ass" and these players who were once Level 15-16 are now Level 6 or 7, I think this game is dead. Coh3 is dead. Relic has finally killed their own brand.

RELIC: you cant build a third story building on top of a rickety thatched building. Fix your shit or sell the IP to someone who cares.

All of this stuff is only 4v4 related. THe algorithm actually is actually very good

13 Sep 2021, 22:27 PM

All of this stuff is only 4v4 related. The algorithm actually is actually very good

You are clearly trolling. Watch any streamer and the 1st question asked is "Any good games today?". I could link 1000 twitch clips of rank 30 teams against rank 2000 teams in 2v2 on streams. The server is complete trash and Relic are grossly incompetent.

People hate EA or EPIC for being greedy assholes. But Relic is just plain incompetent. I have no clue how Sega has not ripped the management out of that company yet. It so long over due.
13 Sep 2021, 22:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2021, 22:27 PMRosbone

You are clearly trolling. Watch any streamer and the 1st question asked is "Any good games today?". I could link 1000 twitch clips of rank 30 teams against rank 2000 teams in 2v2 on streams. The server is complete trash and Relic are grossly incompetent.

To be frank here, while CoH2 doesnt have huge player base (which tecnically could have soled the problem most likely) I think the main problem comes from 2 factors:

1) How premades are redistrebuted and how they are matched. Because for CoH2 premade of 4 ranks 20 is equal to premade of ranks 1 as long as their premade rank is somewhat equal.
Not to mention that, most likely premades are given priority in game searcher, since they can fill lobby faster

2) Whole ladder system in CoH2 is redundant. For instance, we can have guy with 4k games on one faction, being rank 14 with 40 or less W\L ratio, but he will be matched with other rank 14 who might aswell have 100 games, with 70% W\L.
What matters for MM is the rank not actuall skill which and considering that gaps between ranks are huge, its no wonder. I mean possition 700 is considered a rank 14 in 4v4, but possition 2500 is also considered rank 14, dispite potentual skill gap is huge.

Let alone the fact that most of the competitive RTS games have Seasons for MP, which either wipes guys who ranked up using cheese or any sort of abuse, aswell as it allows player who learnt how to play to actually get a decent rank, but in CoH2 you will be stack in limbo if you got shit rank during your learning period.

But still CoH3 is not made by "old" relic, its pretty much different people working on it, who had their own fuck up with DoW3. I mean in this situation, they might aswell put all their "smart ideas" aside and actually listen to what people complained about in vCoH\CoH2 so we have all chances to get decent game, because its not in their interests to fuck up CoH3 aswell.
14 Sep 2021, 00:52 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Clearly a passionate RTS lover like me. I can't change your mindset but I have hope that CoH3 will make you reconsider your pessimism. About your ranks I can only say one thing, take a more casual approach. :wave:
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight