Login

russian armor

Soviet AT Over Watch is too strong.

5 Sep 2021, 21:17 PM

anti-tank overwatch visualized against good axis players (75 IQ)

(they dont go into the circle)

or They just move out of circle.
5 Sep 2021, 21:30 PM

It doesn’t matter if it’s patched out. The same principle still applies. It’s not higher science to make a Ram work. Just as easy as before except now you need to use exactly 3 braincells to make it function.

you need 3 braincells, 90 fuel and 300 MP for a 5 second slow with a possibility of an engine damage. Pak40 "target weak point" shot completely stuns vehicle for the same duration btw and costs fraction of that.

• Ram no longer deals a complete stun on penetration and deflection. Instead, it will now slow target by 75% for 5 seconds and disables weapons.
5 Sep 2021, 22:13 PM

Telepathic soviets back at it again.

Hell march theme

Even more reason not to use JT against Soviets :lol:
5 Sep 2021, 22:23 PM

It doesn’t matter if it’s patched out. The same principle still applies. It’s not higher science to make a Ram work. Just as easy as before except now you need to use exactly 3 braincells to make it function.

three more brain cells than axis weapons require, clearly!
5 Sep 2021, 23:03 PM

you need 3 braincells, 90 fuel and 300 MP for a 5 second slow with a possibility of an engine damage. Pak40 "target weak point" shot completely stuns vehicle for the same duration btw and costs fraction of that.

• Ram no longer deals a complete stun on penetration and deflection. Instead, it will now slow target by 75% for 5 seconds and disables weapons.

A slow of 75% for 5 seconds with disabled weapons is enough for a kill. Especially with AT Overwatch. You can circlejerk a conscript around the rammed tank for the extra trolls and vision but it’s not even needed. Now with a ram + crit engine you don’t need anything at all. Just the 3 braincells needed to press the button for the ISS cannons from space.
5 Sep 2021, 23:22 PM

The ability is absolutely broken.

Atleast make it counterable in some way

5 Sep 2021, 23:40 PM

A slow of 75% for 5 seconds with disabled weapons is enough for a kill. Especially with AT Overwatch. You can circlejerk a conscript around the rammed tank for the extra trolls and vision but it’s not even needed. Now with a ram + crit engine you don’t need anything at all. Just the 3 braincells needed to press the button for the ISS cannons from space.

well that's 2 or 3 braincells less to operate a JT or Ele, I can agree on that.
BTW if you stun a vehicle, e.g. with a tulip rocker or a pak stun shot, the vehicle can't use its cannons as well and damaged engine and crit engine are completely different things. Crit engine is what you get when you crew an abandon vehicle.
5 Sep 2021, 23:49 PM

Atleast make it counterable in some way

It is counterable...you just move out of the circle. Even if you sit in the circle it wont do anything unless they have full vision of you.

People need to stop sending tanks in without support.
6 Sep 2021, 00:00 AM

It is counterable...you just move out of the circle. Even if you sit in the circle it wont do anything unless they have full vision of you.

People need to stop sending tanks in without support.

Is that supposed to be a argument?
Arty cover wasnt broken, just move lol. Perimeter overwatch wasnt broken, just dont attack, lol. All the JU nerfs useless, just move lol. Sector assault was totally fine after the rework, just dodge every bomb by giving up the entire map. Ostruppen arent OP, just dont fight. Sturmtiger is fine, just move lol

6 Sep 2021, 00:10 AM

Arty cover wasnt broken, just move lol. Perimeter overwatch wasnt broken, just dont attack, lol. All the JU nerfs useless, just move lol. Sector assault was totally fine after the rework, just dodge every bomb by giving up the entire map.

+100

Imo all of these abilities are silly. Anything at auto-targets for a player should be a "killable" unit. At least planes can be shot down but I still think attack loiters are silly too

Offmaps should always be manual strafes and barrages. Obviously that would screw up a lot of commanders so it's too late for that change. But I hope there's no more of these style abilities in coh3

AT overwatch is especially silly. Can't be shot down, killed, only dodged. And in team games you can spam the fuck out of it. Cost is the only thing that "balances" these abilities, and that's not a good system
6 Sep 2021, 00:25 AM

+100

Imo all of these abilities are silly. Anything at auto-targets for a player should be a "killable" unit. At least planes can be shot down but I still think those are silly too

Offmaps should always be manual strafes and barrages. Obviously that would screw up a lot of commanders so it's too late for that change. But I hope there's no more of these style abilities in coh3

AT overwatch is especially silly. Can't be shot down, killed, only dodged. And in team games you can spam the fuck out of it. Cost is the only thing that "balances" these abilities, and that's not a good system

ATOW was already nerfed once.A second nerf is downright retarded.
Axis have stronger inf, armor and AT options all at the same time.You can't frontally attack a Ele/Jagd, except with AT guns( that are going to get mowed down by elite inf 5 seconds later).

You are only going to push allied winrates further into the dirt if a second nerf to ATOW happens, it's only "strong" in 1v1 if you sacrifice 90FU300MP.
Even sub #200 allied players regularly have to use cheese against axis to stand a reasonable chance of winning.Maybe a good solution would be to stop being so cancerous by using Ele/Jagd.

ATOW hardcounters big dumb axis heavies like the Ele/Jagd/KT/ST only, maybe the HTDs should get a nerf given how oppressive they are instead of forcing allied players to use cheese like T34+IL2 run or T34+ATOW.
If you invest into multiple "smaller" tanks then this wouldn't happen to you since ATOW doesn't focus down a single vehicle if there are multiple in the same area.

Next thing you people will suggest is moving the ZiS-3 into T3 because it 2HKs 222s lmfao
6 Sep 2021, 01:15 AM

Next thing you people will suggest is moving the ZiS-3 into T3 because it 2HKs 222s lmfao

Did you even read the fucking post you just quoted? I actually never said to nerf AT overwatch. Like I said some of these commanders rely on these abilities to be competitive. Even though threse abilities are dumb, serious nerfs would hurt the commanders too much...

You didn't even mention my actual argument, which was about all off-maps that auto-target, and how I think they shouldnt be in Coh3

Literally nothing that you just wrote had anything to do with what I was talking about. So piss off
6 Sep 2021, 01:52 AM

Did you even read the fucking post you just quoted? I actually never said to nerf AT overwatch. Like I said some of these commanders rely on these abilities to be competitive. Even though threse abilities are dumb, serious nerfs would hurt the commanders too much...

You didn't even mention my actual argument, which was about all off-maps that auto-target, and how I think they shouldnt be in Coh3

Literally nothing that you just wrote had anything to do with what I was talking about. So piss off

It's a post directed at multiple people, you were just the last one to reply.
6 Sep 2021, 03:32 AM

It's a post directed at multiple people, you were just the last one to reply.

No, you quoted me. Don't quote me if what you say has nothing to do with what I wrote
6 Sep 2021, 04:14 AM

So using combined arms is OP now? Lol

At overwatch is strong but not OP. Its one of the very few only doctrinal ways soviets hardcounter super heavies to wich stock soviets are ill equiped to deal with.
It requires you to sacrifice a unit, not just have x unit near for the sight no sacrifice as in loose the unit for the ability to work most off the time.
6 Sep 2021, 04:36 AM
Donator 33

Arty cover wasnt broken, just move lol. Perimeter overwatch wasnt broken, just dont attack, lol. All the JU nerfs useless, just move lol. Sector assault was totally fine after the rework, just dodge every bomb by giving up the entire map. Ostruppen arent OP, just dont fight. Sturmtiger is fine, just move lol

Soooo zeroing is broken too then and un-counterable by your own measures? Neat.
6 Sep 2021, 05:15 AM

well that's 2 or 3 braincells less to operate a JT or Ele, I can agree on that.
BTW if you stun a vehicle, e.g. with a tulip rocker or a pak stun shot, the vehicle can't use its cannons as well and damaged engine and crit engine are completely different things. Crit engine is what you get when you crew an abandon vehicle.

Add a ISU to that. Or did you forget the times all soviet players spammed ISU’s and put them in the middle of the map and went afk for dinner? Axis had no ISS cannons to combo it with some dumb Ram. They were just told to go around and flank it. A 3 braincell reaction just like the amount needed to activate the ISS cannons or operate a ISU.
6 Sep 2021, 05:43 AM

Soooo zeroing is broken too then and un-counterable by your own measures? Neat.

Zeroing dont auto aim on units, zeroing has friendly fire, zeroing takes like 5+ seconds charning up before it actually start being devastating.

Zeroing is just another artillery ability, which works like any other artillery based ability except it needs constant vision.

Abilities are closest to overwatch - all plane based abilities, but unlike auto-aiming planes AT overwatch cant be countered by AA and it cant be doudged.
6 Sep 2021, 05:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2021, 14:32 PMDSM

Well, I mean you usually have at least one or two units providing vision when you drop that down

You also usually have conscripts of something that can snare, as well as other abilities to like flares or overflight to maintain vision.
6 Sep 2021, 06:40 AM

AT Overwatch is stupid cause there is no soviet tank in the sky with gatling gun rounds shooting. this is not GDI Ion Cannon game, at least make the rounds realistic, just like OKW Zeroing Artillery of Fortifications Doctrine. Soviet did not have a artilerry men so accurate to land shells on tanks so pin point and one after the other
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★