Login

russian armor

Stug G

23 Aug 2021, 18:05 PM

I simply dont remember when was the last time that I saw some Stugs G in action.

Now that several UP units are receiving buffs (like the SU76), maybe the StugG could receive some love too. Maybe at penetration, ROF, or price decrease.

This is mainly for encourage its usage, because every OST player simply goes to P4 into Brumm/Panther.
23 Aug 2021, 18:21 PM

I'd like to see them go up to range 55 that little bit could help.
23 Aug 2021, 18:24 PM

Agreed. A 55 range could help a lot.
23 Aug 2021, 19:12 PM

When I think about the stug's use in game it's a cheap tank destroyer. It's got lower pen, range and armor and health. By having no turret it's only way to chase is to move directly forward so it struggles to maneuver and finish off it's targets.

I often try to use it as a substitute pak but it's not as good due to lower range lower pen and what seems like lower rof. It can also be easily be counter sniped by the enemies AT guns or tank destroyers because of their 10 range advantage.

The stug's range is also the same as a panther and vet 2 tiger I think leaving it with less of an identity in the Ost roster.
23 Aug 2021, 19:18 PM

In ostheer roster, it has no prupose because better units are available, but in OKW roster maybe it would have its place.

I hope in COH3 stugs get used more often
23 Aug 2021, 21:17 PM

Last thing the cancerous STUG needs is a buff.It's a PAK40 on tracks, which makes it viable to begin with.
It is not uncommon for OST players to simply suicide STUGs into allied armor for easy kills due to their high pen (relative to the average armor values of allied vehicles) and insane reload speed.
It's overperforming for being only 90 fuel, it's reload speed should be nerfed .
In fact if it gets the first shot off from range and continues to push it can solo 80% of allied vehicles.
23 Aug 2021, 21:34 PM

That's what why it should be changed it's best use is to suicide it for slightly more expensive vehicles and if the enemy supports those vehicles it will be a failed suicide attack. Snares, mines AT guns and flanking tanks or tds will make suicide attacks too costly outside of close 1v1s. Besides pv4 is a much better dive tank with a turret blitz and stronger armor while also being usable against infantry.
23 Aug 2021, 22:45 PM

Completely retarded suggestion

not only is it completely superior to the su-76, but it can bum rush almost all allied armor. Sure, give it a 130 fuel cost and then give it longer range, but then give actual buffs to the SU-76
24 Aug 2021, 06:51 AM

It's not really UP, it's actually really good at what it does, which is kill medium tanks. Problem is that between the ost tech rework and the allied meta not really leaning on mediums as much (due to infantry having enough AI and TDs be the answer to anything harder than room temperature butter)

As it is, it's a good tool to HAVE since, it beats the brakes off medium tanks. Meta may shift.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS