Which style do you prefer?
Option Distribution Votes
47%
53%
Total votes: 58
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
21 Aug 2021, 08:09 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

As we all know, Special Ops portrait got Sturm Officer last patch, and as part of standardization, we are adding Knight's Cross to the commander portrait. Osinyagov and I would like to know which updated portrait style is more preferrable for inclusion in the patch:

Vote for new Special Ops portrait
--------------------------------------

A:

B:
21 Aug 2021, 08:24 AM

It seem there is also a difference in "warmth" of colours with portrait A being a bit warmer. (personally think I would like something in between).

Can you also reduce the "glare" area on the hut. Imo it is too big.

Maybe make the cross appear under the overcoat instead of above (or open the jacket a bit more)?
21 Aug 2021, 10:46 AM

Both look good but I slightly prefer the first one
22 Aug 2021, 14:38 PM

I prefer option B as it is similar to the Obersoldaten that defined the new design. Subjectively option B has a tidier look and looks more menacing. I like the contrast of the dark color and the camo. This one looks like a hardliner, the uniform should be impeccable.

P.S I agree that the hat gloss on commander portraits is too much. This is an Axis problem mostly.
22 Aug 2021, 14:56 PM

I prefer option B as it is similar to the Obersoldaten that defined the new design. Subjectively option B has a tidier look and looks more menacing. I like the contrast of the dark color and the camo. This one looks like a hardliner, the uniform should be impeccable.

P.S I agree that the hat gloss on commander portraits is too much. This is an Axis problem mostly.

Same
22 Aug 2021, 17:52 PM

First one looks a tad busy imo, with the bit of red and differing collar color taking away from the face and the iron cross.
22 Aug 2021, 19:31 PM

I think the dark color on the second one helps make the face, cross and decorations pop more.
22 Aug 2021, 22:37 PM

I voted the first one, because the details will pop better on small in-game portraits.

But second one is also great and being more immersive.
25 Aug 2021, 16:46 PM
25 Aug 2021, 17:01 PM

I think this needs some surgical intervention, maybe be cancerous.

Also I'm not really a fun of him being so pale, I think original color of the skin should be kept, here is my variant, with a bit of glossness removed from the cap.

26 Aug 2021, 16:06 PM

Apart from the other arguments in favor of B, this version is consistent with the OST Elite Troops commander:

26 Aug 2021, 23:12 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Thanks for the feedback guys:

About the hat visors (and the pale skin), they are part of Relic's original OKW artwork. We can try to change these in time for the patch, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Since it's been a really close vote, we're unfortunately going to be breaking a lot of hearts with the update. We appreciate everyone's feedback and we'll polish up the final portraits, hopefully in-time for inclusion in the next beta patch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★