Login

russian armor

USF players ragequiting in team games

20 Aug 2021, 21:20 PM

Over the 3-4 years I've noticed a pattern with USF players in team games(mainly 3v3 but 4v4 also).
If I play 3v3, I usually play premade with atleast one friend, if I'm lucky with two.Sometimes if I really have nobody to play with I might solo-que 3v3 allies.
I had a soloque USF teammate unironically ask me why me and my friend weren't building T2 for maxims at the start of a match on Essen Steelworks.I don't think I need to explain why I don't want to build maxims.
He wasn't doing very good himself for about 15 mins into the match, he did the surrender vote exploit where you can instantly call in another surrender vote after the last surrender vote ending in a 2:1 to surrender, then when we still refused to surrender he promptly left.

Now to the main topic at hand, USF players are very eager at basically any stage of the match to just spam surrender votes if their own army has been decimated due to their dogshit micro, or because the allied team hasn't taken total control of the fuel point by the 3rd minute.At that point they might start to trashtalk you and the other guy then leave or just leave instantly without a word, regardless of whether or not you and the other teammate are doing well.
I have never seen this happen so frequently with SOV or UKF teammates as I have with USF, their will to play the actual game is so low, that if they aren't curbstomping the enemy team within 7 minutes and capping all their territory points, they'll just leave without warning.It's like they don't even want to play the actual game and the DLC faction they spent their money on.

Like I do understand that USF are the weakest faction in teamgames but why queue up for a match if you're not gonna bother to try and win?

I pointed this phenomenon out to people on a COH2-themed discord server a few months ago, and people reacted like I had just leaked their home address to a cartel.Anyone else noticed this pattern, and if so, why do you think it happens?
Also not sure where I was supposed to post this thread.
20 Aug 2021, 23:37 PM

I can't stand people who quit early in team games, it takes so long to find matches sometimes. I haven't noticed a pattern with a specific faction, but I can render a guess about USF

Their late game in team modes is the worst of any faction imo. If you don't go calliope, 2x AT guns will counter pretty much any fuel investment you build except maybe a 105 dozer

They rely on early/mid more than anyone so if that doesn't go well, the impatient players probably just quit. Would like to see a little more punishment for quitters in CoH3. Although they probably need to improve the matchmaking first lol
21 Aug 2021, 00:16 AM

Would like to see a little more punishment for quitters in CoH3. Although they probably need to improve the matchmaking first lol

As OKW or USF you have to rely on your partners early. And as USF your late game is weak. If your partner is doing dumb shit you will get the surrender prompt. You cant blame the USF player for knowing that the match is over. I question the intelligence of the people who dont realize the match is over. You lost. Just let it go. Saving up for some big tank will not save you.

Punishing people for not wasting their time playing out a match that is lost would surely kill the game within 3 months.
21 Aug 2021, 00:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2021, 00:16 AMRosbone

As OKW or USF you have to rely on your partners early. And as USF your late game is weak. If your partner is doing dumb shit you will get the surrender prompt. You cant blame the USF player for knowing that the match is over. I question the intelligence of the people who dont realize the match is over. You lost. Just let it go. Saving up for some big tank will not save you.

Punishing people for not wasting their time playing out a match that is lost would surely kill the game within 3 months.

That's fair, but it's not like that's the only reason people quit. Sometimes it's entirely their fault too

It's just as annoying getting the surrender prompt when your carrying someone and you feel like you still have a chance
Vaz
21 Aug 2021, 10:04 AM

actually on the topic, yes I have noticed it. Although I do think allies in general are very low moral. People playing as axis are far more likely to try and regain the upper hand. Even after devastating losses. As discussed in the other topic about the mp bleed of USF, I think it's related to efficiency. Nearly all of the USF units have been nerfed over the years to reduce the ability of a USF player to hit axis players hard. Very little has been done in reverse(much less 1 hit kills now from brumbar yay). USF requires strong micro and awareness to be successful. You cannot lean on having many advantages over others.
21 Aug 2021, 10:16 AM

Balance team have methodically nerf everything that could give a crush in the USF roaster. And everything else has been made to be completely RNG dependent.
21 Aug 2021, 11:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2021, 10:04 AMVaz
actually on the topic, yes I have noticed it. Although I do think allies in general are very low moral. People playing as axis are far more likely to try and regain the upper hand. Even after devastating losses. As discussed in the other topic about the mp bleed of USF, I think it's related to efficiency. Nearly all of the USF units have been nerfed over the years to reduce the ability of a USF player to hit axis players hard. Very little has been done in reverse(much less 1 hit kills now from brumbar yay). USF requires strong micro and awareness to be successful. You cannot lean on having many advantages over others.

I think because axis could just so easely win most games by far in 3s and 4s for a very very long time resulted in a lot more pre made teams for axis then on the allied side.
Being on voice chat makes it a lot easier to pickyourself up and reorganize after taking a beating, that and that axis higher effeciency and power of their units allows them to stockpile recources better making comebacks easier.
21 Aug 2021, 12:43 PM

Stuff

Don't play with randoms, ever.
It's a rule applied for every faction in every game mode. Playing with randoms sucks. Wondering why they do what they do is pointless and frustrating.
It is my sincere belief playing with AI is better than playing with randoms. Atleast the AI is predictable.

And for something off-topic, what is that godawfull profile picture supposed to represent?
Vaz
21 Aug 2021, 14:37 PM

Randoms are better than AI, especially as allies
21 Aug 2021, 17:27 PM

Imo Scott should have 100 barrage range because as always usf lacks in Arty
21 Aug 2021, 17:59 PM
Donator 11

The late game MP drain of USF in games larger than 1v1 is normally the problem regardless of micro (no you can't sit in a nade and get mad you lost a squad, micro is still important). The loss of a vet squad is the real kicker since you'll lose the scaling for late game required to keep the damage up to equal the investment, factor in the extra 2x BARs (b/c base rifle men are ass) and you end up with a CoH2 equivalent of a money sink.

Throw in other things like
  • Late game insta wipe abelites (sturmtiger, Stuka, etc)
  • More cost effective units ( Falls, Obers, Hell even Pro-stropen beat rifles in cover)
  • 5th man on rifle drops in 20~40 seconds of combat if feels regardless of cover.
  • USF's railroaded tech 10 extra fuel to grab both tech = late Sherman
  • MP expensive TD - Jackson which bounces more than it should for the cost
  • Lack of late game rocket arty - multitude of posts asking for Major getting ColliOP

I can keep going into the nitty gritty, there's a lot that can go wrong in larger games for sure with micro, bad strats, and positioning but out of all the factions USF rly could do with a late game some sort of reinforce cost reduction seen with Wehr.
21 Aug 2021, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2021, 12:43 PMzarok47

And for something off-topic, what is that godawfull profile picture supposed to represent?

21 Aug 2021, 18:26 PM

Imo Scott should have 100 barrage range because as always usf lacks in Arty

What is the current max barrage range? It's way too easy to chase it down after you realise where its shooting from.
21 Aug 2021, 19:03 PM

What is the current max barrage range? It's way too easy to chase it down after you realise where its shooting from.

80 like mortar halftruck i guess
22 Aug 2021, 01:42 AM

I can't stand people who quit early in team games, it takes so long to find matches sometimes. I haven't noticed a pattern with a specific faction, but I can render a guess about USF

Their late game in team modes is the worst of any faction imo. If you don't go calliope, 2x AT guns will counter pretty much any fuel investment you build except maybe a 105 dozer

They rely on early/mid more than anyone so if that doesn't go well, the impatient players probably just quit. Would like to see a little more punishment for quitters in CoH3. Although they probably need to improve the matchmaking first lol

Or maybe the balance team could fix their late game? OKW always has a KT, Panther, and PIV available. USF often has no meatshield other than a couple doctrinal tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 42
Germany 11
unknown 10
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L