Login

russian armor

Thanks for Taking Part in the Pre-Alpha Preview

Only Relic postRelic 10 Aug 2021, 16:46 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Now that we’ve concluded the Pre-Alpha Preview of Company of Heroes 3, we wanted to take this time to thank everyone for taking part. The reception has been overwhelming (in a good way!) and the team at Relic have been eagerly watching your livestreams and videos and listening to what you have to say. We greatly appreciate the time you spent playing the Pre-Alpha Preview and leaving your feedback. We’ll continue to dig through all of it as we work on the game. This feedback process is key to CoH-Development. That’s how we’re going to make the best Company of Heroes game ever! So, what comes next? Full blog post here.
Pip
10 Aug 2021, 17:12 PM

Now that we’ve concluded the Pre-Alpha Preview of Company of Heroes 3, we wanted to take this time to thank everyone for taking part. The reception has been overwhelming (in a good way!) and the team at Relic have been eagerly watching your livestreams and videos and listening to what you have to say. We greatly appreciate the time you spent playing the Pre-Alpha Preview and leaving your feedback. We’ll continue to dig through all of it as we work on the game. This feedback process is key to CoH-Development. That’s how we’re going to make the best Company of Heroes game ever! So, what comes next? Full blog post here.

Thanks to both Relic in general and yourself in particular!

The pre-alpha was a nice look at how CoH3 is coming along, and I look forward to the next alpha, beta, or whichever is coming in the future!

The experience was definitely very rough around the edges, but shows a lot of promise. I do hope too much isnt taken from the teeming hordes of people with /very/ bad ideas on the Alpha forums, but I trust you guys to move things in a positive direction.

10 Aug 2021, 19:42 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Great stuff Relic, really appreciate the transparancy, keep your eyes peeled for a very large COH3 Pre-Alpha w WhiteFlash article coming soon!

10 Aug 2021, 19:48 PM

Thank you for the Alpha. I love your game already. What baffles me the most every time is the fact that coh is like a war movie in every match. please make the camera able to zoom in as far as possible (like coh1 and coh2). That should be easy to implement.

Even as a kid i did that all the time: zoom in, tilt the camera and pretend im within the battle.

Also do as many different animations as possible (like leaning solders at corners or over cover, crouching, proning soldiers, soldiers giving hand signals etc. etc.) all that leads to the vivid and thrilling battlefield atmosphere we all love!

That's my feedback :) gameplay is already nice!!

17 Aug 2021, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2021, 17:12 PMPip
PLEASE don't add bullshit like random abandons, Main Gun Crits, and other awful mechanics back in!

Disagree. They're fun mechanics from perspectives other than L33T gamers. I say leave them in as options for custom games if they're so terrible.
17 Aug 2021, 15:29 PM

I'd love to have custom game options be way more in depth. Things like resource, health, and damage multipliers being a base game option to tweak in custom games would be very nice.

Something like an on/off switch for certain mechanics, or even an option to adjust the percentage (100% abandon chance! Imagine the insanity! Soviets with panthers and germans with katyushas!) would be very welcome from me and my friends who love to play custom 4v4 matches on goofy maps and goofy mods.
Pip
18 Aug 2021, 12:35 PM

Disagree. They're fun mechanics from perspectives other than L33T gamers. I say leave them in as options for custom games if they're so terrible.

You can have whatever you want in custom games, but they have absolutely no place in automatch.
18 Aug 2021, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2021, 12:35 PMPip

You can have whatever you want in custom games, but they have absolutely no place in automatch.

You can have anything you want in the tournament mode. Many people are not interested in the sterile vacuum you want it to be.
Pip
18 Aug 2021, 14:48 PM

You can have anything you want in the tournament mode. Many people are not interested in the sterile vacuum you want it to be.

The "Tournament Mode" is automatch.

The game doesn't become "Sterile" because there aren't random criticals. Is that seriously the only thing you enjoy about the game?
18 Aug 2021, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2021, 14:48 PMPip

The "Tournament Mode" is automatch.

The game doesn't become "Sterile" because there aren't random criticals. Is that seriously the only thing you enjoy about the game?

All the mechanics like abandoned vehicles, plane crashes, etc. absolutely make the game much more fun. And I do not want to lose this, all this gave me a lot of emotions in the game.
28 Aug 2021, 06:39 AM

My potato rig couldn't run the alpha :(
_
Intel Core i7-10510U CPU

NVIDIA GeForce MX330

16GB of RAM
1 Sep 2021, 15:03 PM

All the mechanics like abandoned vehicles, plane crashes, etc. absolutely make the game much more fun. And I do not want to lose this, all this gave me a lot of emotions in the game.

I coudnt agree more. It would really be a massive loss if abandon mgc etc would be left out or relegated to a special mode. Also keep the current target size and accuracy etc. The not 100% garanteed outcome and unexpected events that can turn the tables are great.

If it becomes to clean cut and predictable its just not a fun game imo. Then matches are going to be decided in the first few moments and take away a lot of fun.

Also biggest wish is letting factions have the same basic tools with some slight difference in how and when. And please dont give 4v4 the same economy system as in coh2 giving one side a massive advantidge over the other.
Pip
1 Sep 2021, 16:39 PM

I coudnt agree more. It would really be a massive loss if abandon mgc etc would be left out or relegated to a special mode. Also keep the current target size and accuracy etc. The not 100% garanteed outcome and unexpected events that can turn the tables are great.

If it becomes to clean cut and predictable its just not a fun game imo. Then matches are going to be decided in the first few moments and take away a lot of fun.

Also biggest wish is letting factions have the same basic tools with some slight difference in how and when. And please dont give 4v4 the same economy system as in coh2 giving one side a massive advantidge over the other.

Games would not be decided in the "first few moments" regardless of the removal of bad RNG elements.

The games are already designed with a ton of comeback mechanics that do not rely on RNG. All these garbage RNG mechanics do is cause players to sometimes be punished despite playing well.
1 Sep 2021, 20:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2021, 16:39 PMPip

Games would not be decided in the "first few moments" regardless of the removal of bad RNG elements.

The games are already designed with a ton of comeback mechanics that do not rely on RNG. All these garbage RNG mechanics do is cause players to sometimes be punished despite playing well.

Look we are not gonna agree on this topic as we had this discussion before. Ik like some unpredictable stuff just like in real sports. You like predictable outcomes to have it show how skilled one is.
Wich is better is subjective.

"Bad rng mechanics" punish good and bad players in equal amounts. Playing good is also rewarded with "bad rng" happening to your opponent.

As for the tons of "non rng" comeback mechanics. I cant think of many outside of getting lucky wipes and playing better or your opponent screwing up and losing his lead or op units such as the avre and st wich arent game mechanics.
Pip
1 Sep 2021, 23:14 PM

As for the tons of "non rng" comeback mechanics. I cant think of many outside of getting lucky wipes and playing better or your opponent screwing up and losing his lead or op units such as the avre and st wich arent game mechanics.

Increased MP income when you possess fewer units, which allows you to rebuild your forces more quickly.

Non FU answers to FU units (AT guns) meaning that you can always be in the game even if your expensive vehicles have been taken out of action.

This is not an exhaustive list.
2 Sep 2021, 04:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2021, 23:14 PMPip

Increased MP income when you possess fewer units, which allows you to rebuild your forces more quickly.

Non FU answers to FU units (AT guns) meaning that you can always be in the game even if your expensive vehicles have been taken out of action.

This is not an exhaustive list.

Yes you are right and these should be put in coh 3 as they are good mechanics.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★