Login

russian armor

What about the Goliath

29 Jul 2021, 17:25 PM

It's fine. It's only buildable from a single doctrine, very loud, very expensive, and takes micro to use effectively. I say this as a mainly allied player.
29 Jul 2021, 17:43 PM

Of course they can be spotted from a distance, cause they can move. You can use LoS blockers and then move at the squad when it's too late

Same goes for demo charges

Again, it is impossible to exaggerate how useless the Goliath was in ww2. I understand history gets thrown out the window a bunch in this game but the Goliath is possibly the most egregious example of it

The fact that they ever have stealth under any circumstances is hilarious. And that you can just drive then wherever you want is also silly. Coh3 seems like it's going to ignore history just as much though, so I guess this doesn't matter to people

It is about immersion, not about 100% historical accuracy. 50 Ostwinds were produced: so what?
29 Jul 2021, 18:10 PM

But they don't just counter blobs. Demos never would've been nerfed if they only countered blobs

Goliaths usually just wipe individual squads capping points cause it's harder to react. If you lose a blob to it that's deserved, cause letting half of your army just walk into it is pretty hard to do

What Ive found from both using them and from having them used on my squads is that the detection radius doesnt give enough time to react and if you dont retreat instantly with a hotkey, it will wipe a squad. Not bad for 100 munitions.
30 Jul 2021, 00:10 AM

Same goes for demo charges

Read what I said again. Same does not go for demos, they cannot move

It is about immersion, not about 100% historical accuracy. 50 Ostwinds were produced: so what?

Can you read? I literally said "I understand that history gets thrown out the window a bunch"

There is a difference between including a prototype unit that didn't see much action due to timing, and completely misrepresenting a unit that DID see action but was total crap

I didn't say anything about being "100% historically accurate". It's about achieving a balance, and coh2 doesn't have that imo. Hoping for better in coh3 but I'm not optimistic so far

Also, a ww2 game becomes a lot less "immersive" if they bend history too much. Coh2 pushes the limits quite a bit
30 Jul 2021, 00:21 AM

There is a difference between including a prototype unit that didn't see much action due to timing, and completely misrepresenting a unit that DID see action but was total crap

But was it crap? So far I only heard that it was considered bad because it did cost too much to produce.

Also I want to hijack this comment in order to point out that ST and AVRE are apparently mixed up. I read that in real life AVRE was the one where the crew had to expose itself in order to reload while the ST could be reloaded from the inside (the crane just seems to have been used for restacking the ammuniton inside but honestly not sure). I also read that ST had a range of up to 6 km while AVRE had a range of about 100 meters.

I have more problems with this than a bad unit being presented as good (the goliath imo isn't even good in CoH2 either : P. It makes sound, costs more than Demo Charge and can be spottet from far away even when in cover when the enemy has sweepers. Unless someone does show me a recent match where a Top 100 player loses (4 units) to goliath I will remain with this opinion. Like ... how is it possible that I, a player who according to the almighty Protos A. is worse than bad, haven't lost a single unit to goliath in ages ... I can't be that good after all ; ) )

30 Jul 2021, 00:41 AM

But was it crap? So far I only heard that it was considered bad because it did cost too much to produce.

Yes. There were cables coming out of the goliath that connected to the remote, so it wasn't discreet at all. Those cables were regularly cut by explosions, and not even on purpose

Also I want to hijack this comment in order to point out that ST and AVRE are apparently mixed up.

Both of these units are not well represented imo. And have caused some balance issues too. Almost begs the question as to why bother having them

the goliath imo isn't even good in CoH2 either : P. It makes sound, costs more than Demo Charge and can be spottet from far away even when in cover when the enemy has sweepers.

It's not good it's just cheesy. It rarely ever works but even when it does it's just a stupid mechanic

I've lost maybe 3 total squads to goliaths at most (not in a while Ill admit), and probably wiped the same or less. It's the way you get the wipes that I find dumb
30 Jul 2021, 16:17 PM

Read what I said again. Same does not go for demos, they cannot move

Can you read? I literally said "I understand that history gets thrown out the window a bunch"

I didn't say anything about being "100% historically accurate". It's about achieving a balance, and coh2 doesn't have that imo. Hoping for better in coh3 but I'm not optimistic so far

Also, a ww2 game becomes a lot less "immersive" if they bend history too much. Coh2 pushes the limits quite a bit

Well: you can plant demos behind side blockers as well.

The lack of goilath in high level games indicates, that they arnt op.
30 Jul 2021, 16:53 PM

Well: you can plant demos behind side blockers as well.

The lack of goilath in high level games indicates, that they arnt op.

I didn't say they were OP... Why are you even quoting me, you're not reading my posts
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★