Login

russian armor

1 month ban DODGING

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
21 Jul 2021, 16:10 PM

HI guys,

I have been playing coh2 recently. After dropping 2 times in match, the screen shows up "1 month ban- Dodging." What the hell does this mean? Well I dropped early because my mates were afk.
21 Jul 2021, 16:15 PM
Admin Red  Badge

It is an automated ban due to dropping in matches, is my guess. Sadly, I am afraid you will have to wait that one out as I don't believe Relic will revert the ban.
21 Jul 2021, 16:18 PM
21 Jul 2021, 17:31 PM

I have no idea about when did this sort of sht stuff got included.
At least they should include 'REPORT' button for 'AFK' players. Why the hell am I supposed to wait for the whole 30+ minutes for the match to turn off properly like that?
21 Jul 2021, 19:20 PM
21 Jul 2021, 19:58 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

dropping a couple games won't get you in trouble
21 Jul 2021, 21:04 PM

You were banned after dropping only 2 times? I used to drop frequently too due to shitty PC and never once was I banned.

Kinda sus ngl
21 Jul 2021, 21:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Mate you were already banned previously and claimed to have no idea why but connected it with admin abuse or someone at Relic wrongly banning you.

Now you're banned again and claim it was due to dropping 2 times while everyone else was afk (which apparently was not the case, the opponents will usually just take the free win and not bother reporting).

That's not believable at all.
21 Jul 2021, 21:54 PM

Mate you were already banned previously and claimed to have no idea why but connected it with admin abuse or someone at Relic wrongly banning you.

Now you're banned again and claim it was due to dropping 2 times while everyone else was afk (which apparently was not the case, the opponents will usually just take the free win and not bother reporting).

That's not believable at all.

Well I am not connecting it with admin abuse but that ban message came up right after I dropped in the first minutes twice in 2 games consecutively. That's why I am confused that what sort of ban this one was? Whether it is due to those dodging( because Valorant or csgo has such stuff as penalty) or just ban for previous id ban?(Well how do even relic recognise the 2nd id by the way?) Because I am already seeing a lot of other folks still playing with their 2nd IDs in my list after they got banned too.
21 Jul 2021, 21:54 PM

You were banned after dropping only 2 times? I used to drop frequently too due to shitty PC and never once was I banned.

Kinda sus ngl

It was not disconnection dropping but I dropped intentionally because those 2500+ ranked players were afk.
21 Jul 2021, 21:56 PM

dropping a couple games won't get you in trouble

That is what I used to know. But what does "BAN DODGING" mean? How does it imply to 2nd ID? Because I am already watching folks who are having 2nd accounts in my list playing with their 2nd accounts after getting banned in their 1st accounts.
21 Jul 2021, 21:58 PM

And since when did 1 month ban duration start? These really seem new.

You guys should update the new enforcement rules here.
21 Jul 2021, 22:09 PM

Might have something to do with you being a repeat offender. Rules work that way just about everywhere
21 Jul 2021, 22:09 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

You guys should update the new enforcement rules here.

well depends. When you were able to play yesterday, then its from today + 31 days.
21 Jul 2021, 22:25 PM

Might have something to do with you being a repeat offender. Rules work that way just about everywhere

I don't do teamkilling stuff. But I happened meet a lot of folks that provokes. Only then I roast them in chats. That is how those bans in my 1st id came(this one)-violent chat.
Omg..lol
21 Jul 2021, 22:28 PM

Can someone at least confirm what does "BAN DODGING" MEAN? Because I am already seeing that banned folks are already playing with their 2nd COH2 ID. So I am not sure whether it is connected to dropping or using 2nd ID while being under ban time.
21 Jul 2021, 22:44 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Can someone at least confirm what does "BAN DODGING" MEAN? Because I am already seeing that banned folks are already playing with their 2nd COH2 ID. So I am not sure whether it is connected to dropping or using 2nd ID while being under ban time.

Couple of things I want to point out.

• We're not relic, so we do not speak for them.
  • This is a VERY suspicious/odd case because as far as I know, we've never heard of any ban based on "dodging". It's quite hard to justify a dodging ban when a lot of people struggle to run your game when it's prone to crashing.
  • "Ban: dodging" if I were to guess means you're intentionally leaving too many times too early in the game or just dropping in load screen. The point is, it's intentional and it's clearly getting someones attention. Or it's because as you've said you're intentionally going around the ban on a 2nd account.
  • If you're intetionally going around bans with a 2nd account I guarantee relic will act on that if they catch you.

It doesn't matter if other people are getting around bans with a 2nd account, what matters is that you're doing it. You may contact relic at their enforcement email and ask what the ban was for. Also if you have replays that you suspect caused your ban, and you'd like for the community to see them you could upload them here. If you're doing something that wouldn't be good to post publically like excess flame or teamkilling though I wouldn't recommend it. The point is, there's a factor missing here that's causing you to be banned multiple times. Who's hiding it though only you and relic know.
21 Jul 2021, 23:14 PM

• This is a VERY suspicious/odd case because as far as I know, we've never heard of any ban based on "dodging". It's quite hard to justify a dodging ban when a lot of people struggle to run your game when it's prone to crashing.
  • "Ban: dodging" if I were to guess means you're intentionally leaving too many times too early in the game or just dropping in load screen. The point is, it's intentional and it's clearly getting someones attention. Or it's because as you've said you're intentionally going around the ban on a 2nd account.
  • If you're intetionally going around bans with a 2nd account I guarantee relic will act on that if they catch you.

It doesn't matter if other people are getting around bans with a 2nd account, what matters is that you're doing it. You may contact relic at their enforcement email and ask what the ban was for. Also if you have replays that you suspect caused your ban, and you'd like for the community to see them you could upload them here. If you're doing something that wouldn't be good to post publically like excess flame or teamkilling though I wouldn't recommend it. The point is, there's a factor missing here that's causing you to be banned multiple times. Who's hiding it though only you and relic know.

I mailed relic," what does Banned-1 month- Ban dodging means?" No replies. That is why I came to this forum if anybody knows.
22 Jul 2021, 00:06 AM

I don't do teamkilling or excess flaming business ingame. But if someone is disrespectful ingame, he or she gets roasted in chat from me. Pretty simple
MMX
22 Jul 2021, 02:02 AM

I don't do teamkilling or excess flaming business ingame. But if someone is disrespectful ingame, he or she gets roasted in chat from me. Pretty simple

well then... there you have it, i guess. the chat function is part of the game and 'roasting' people repeatedly might just be what got you in trouble (again).

i have no idea what ban dodging means specifically, but if you played on a 2nd account while your main is locked due to a previous ban it shouldn't be hard to imagine that this results in a second strike right away.
PAGES (3)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight